Forest Goblins Homebrew Mini-Armybook - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 01:07 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

they are at -2 to hit, -3 in a wood from shooting? they hit on 3's? with KB? and scouts? thats mental. 7pts looks about right, maybe have the option to move through woods with out penalty at +2pts. or maybe that is an option the boss can give, but at a 3-5pt hike in price for him. or maybe the boss can pick out his target in a unit, ie the champion or the BSB?
i would not enjoy charging them(stand and shoot with KB?), but i would enjoy hiting them with an organ gun-so it evens out.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafistofmork View Post
they are at -2 to hit, -3 in a wood from shooting? they hit on 3's? with KB? and scouts? thats mental. 7pts looks about right, maybe have the option to move through woods with out penalty at +2pts. or maybe that is an option the boss can give, but at a 3-5pt hike in price for him. or maybe the boss can pick out his target in a unit, ie the champion or the BSB?
They are good, but considering their lack of armour save they aren't that difficult to kill really. Also hitting on 3's against normal troops within 12" is good, but if you remember that they will often be shooting at more than 12" and it is quite likely that they will have to move at times, so I think it balances out.

The move through woods and water without penalty is an army wide rule so they already have it, but then so do their slinger mates. With the cover thing it is also worth remembering that they wont get as much benefit from hiding in trees as Wood Elves since I am not planning to give them any control over wooded terrain. It seems to me that Asrai are likely to become one with the forest and everything within it, whereas goblins are more likely to force themselves upon the forest and not bother with any hippy shit!

This will be reflected in a whole new magic lore that I am planning to include , which has no tree moving, so although it is useful to move through cover without hindrance, it isn't quite so essential to stick to the woods, unlike Wood Elves.

Also they don't have an option for standards or musicians, they are sneaky little buggers that slay their prey silently before skulking back in to the shadows, no trumpets or flags for these gits! Bear in mind as well that scouts is also a double-edged bonus, since yes they are closer to their targets, but if the rest of the gobbos don't get their quick they are on their own!

Thansk for the feedback though, I do appreciate it even if I don't often do what is suggested!

Last edited by squeek; 03-30-09 at 01:38 PM.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek View Post
Also they don't have an option for standards or musicians, they are sneaky little buggers that slay their prey silently before skulking back in to the shadows, no trumpets or flags for these gits!
i meant that he could shoot the opposing unit's characters(usefull vs slann), but then they would be realy overpowered.

because of the scouts rule, i expect that you would only get 2-3 turns to shoot before they got creamed.

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Must keep painting....

Ah I see misread that bit, I think that is something I will consider for characters since it is a bit OP for a unit champion I think.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 10:12 PM

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

Ah, I like those harbingers, very cool.

They seem balanced enough to me, but maybe a price hike to 8 points per model, as that is pretty good.

My only qualm is that this is suddenly becoming quite like a wood elf army, albiate crazed and green, but still pretty wood elfy - though that is to be expected

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-09, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Must keep painting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutants_ho! View Post
Ah, I like those harbingers, very cool.

They seem balanced enough to me, but maybe a price hike to 8 points per model, as that is pretty good.
Cheers, glad you like them! I reckon I could bump them up to 8 points happily enough. I'll look at it again when I add the rares to the main list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutants_ho! View Post
My only qualm is that this is suddenly becoming quite like a wood elf army, albiate crazed and green, but still pretty wood elfy - though that is to be expected
The Harbingers certainly are Asrai inspired, though it was a round hole and waywatchers were a nice shaped peg, since I needed some ranged punch, wanted a goblin based rare and so there wasn't much else to base them on!

I think it is a little early to say the army is becoming quite like a Wood Elf army though, only the one unit so far really has Wood Elf inspired written all over it, I was expecting people to pull me up on nicking the Lizardmen bits wholesale more than anything!

Fear not though, the characters and magic lore will be anything but Wood Elf based!
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 04:37 PM

at least there are no war hydras...yet.
an 8pt hike sounds fair for these guys-10=80pts, so that is 10 S3 kb shots from a scouting unit-with no armour save and no support, they have the potential to do nothing or remove several expensive war machines.
keep up the good work squeek!

Last edited by Dafistofmork; 03-31-09 at 04:39 PM.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 04:57 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

War Machines aren't the target for Killing Blow Archers - Heavy Cavalry/Tanking Infantry are,with their 3+ or better saves, Goblins will struggle to counter them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Must keep painting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
War Machines aren't the target for Killing Blow Archers - Heavy Cavalry/Tanking Infantry are,with their 3+ or better saves, Goblins will struggle to counter them.
Exactly as Vaz says. The Harbingers are to give the goblins a reliable counter to a unit of Chaos Knights, Black Knights, etc. The Fungus Troll is obviously capable of this role too, but then it isn't exactly reliable!

I think next I am going to start work on the Magic Lore, but I may change my mind if I fancy a character or two first.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-03-09, 06:29 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

*Jo Frost Voice* Oh squeeky? Any work done or have you not done homework?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode