Legendary Battle Datasheets - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-03-09, 11:22 PM

Dwarf: Underground Assault

Requirements: 3+ (10+ model) miner units. (at least one has blast charges, one steam drill and one prospector)
At the beginning of the game choose a point on the field (not with 6" (or maybe 12" of a deployment zone) and roll to scatter twice (misfires mean re-roll both dice). During setup you can choose any units (which the miners are required to be apart of) (set up the rest as normal). (No units may be deployed within 6" of the mining spot)
Turn 1: Divide the units of miners into thirds (as evenly as possible). Roll a D3 that many of the thirds come in on turn one. Ex. Roll a D3 get a 2 so two thirds of your miner units come in. Deploy the units within 6 inches of the point and move them and anything else, no charges are allowed.
Turn 2: Remaining miner units come (same deployment rules as above). Roll a D6 for each remaining units dedicated to come in from the mining spot come in a 5 (same rules as above)
Turn 3: Remaining units come in on a 3+ (same rules)
Turn 4: Remaining units come in. (same rules)

It could use work, but I like the idea.

CDs, CSMs, IG, Necron, Tau, SWs.
Dwarves, WoC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-15-09, 07:04 PM

karlhunt's Flag is: USA

Ok, I'll go non race specific. Anyone else think it sucks that regardless of army size you can only ever have one BSB witht he benifits that brings? Besides, I have three friggin amazing BSB models that I want to use at the same time. To that end I would sugget that an army may bring one BSB for every 5,000 points or fraction thereof.

As for archers, I am under the impression that when foot sloggin' bow toting armies were commonplace that the archers did not generally select a particular man they were aiming at but rather aimed up in the air to get good range and fired with the hopes of hitting something. Can we get some indirect fire rules for bow armed troops? Maybe double max range, roll one attack per rank in the unit and inflict wounds equal to half the number of files in the unit. Always hits on a 5+. Shields give an extra point of armor to models on foot.

Next I would argue that in a similar fasion to Skaven getting a +1 to leadership for their current rank bonus, every one should get a +1 to Ld for Panic purposes for each unit (not model) behind them. This makes the units that are trapped behind still good for something.

C'mon, Click my Daemon. You know you want to.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-17-09, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's the reasoning behind the Long Range rule for Volleyfire ;) Nice ideas, though - I'll get them written in and credited ;)

I'll have a think over how the Battlestandards work. As a 30,000 point army with 6 Battlestandards can still fit on a double table, and with 6 24" Diameter Circle, you're covering the table with Rerollable Break tests.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 05:09 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

maybe a chief banner bearer, who has an extended range, and regular ones who only work if they are within range of the chief. that way, if you kill the chief they all stop working outside of there units.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-09, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Now, this thread has been lost in time, so I thought I'd bring it back to sexy, after recent interest.

I've been unable to locate my files, as I had them on a Stick, after changing my laptop, but no luck yet.

Anyway - here are some ideas I've had - including some previous units from existing units.

WARRIORS OF CHAOS

Vardek Crom, Herald of Archaon = 240pts (Lord)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 9 3 5 5 3 7 5 9

Equipment: Chaos Armour, Shield, Hand Weapon (Sword), Additional Hand Weapon (Axe)

Master of Chaos Undivided
In an army with Vardek Crom as the General, all units who are able to take a mark of chaos, but choose to not take one upgrade models take Champions, Musicians, and Standard Bearers for no additional cost.

The Way of the Warrior
Crom is an expert blademaster, and may use his Shield in addition to his additional hand weapon. This means he gains +1 Attack in Close Combat, and may use his Shield for a total of a 2+ Armour Save in Close Combat. Alternatively, Crom may elect to focus using one particular weapon at the start of each combat phase.

If he elects to use his Axe, Crom loses the benefits of his Shield, but for each attack that hits, may immediately make one additional attack. These attacks may not generate additional attacks.

If he elects to use his Shield, Crom loses the benefits of his Additional Hand Weapon, but instead, counts as being equipped with a Chaos Runeshield, and recieves a further +1 to his Armour Save, for a total of a 1+ Armour Save.

The Will of Chaos, Eye of the Gods

__________________________________________________ _

Flayerkin -

Forsaken may be upgraded to Flayerkin for +6pts a model. They gain the Skirmishers rule, Scouts Rule, Killing Blow, and Human Chains Rule.

Human Chains
When fighting a siege battle, flayerkin may scale walls as if equipped with Grappling Hooks. After scaling the wall, leave a marker to show how many Flayerkin scaled this section of wall. If any unit begins its turn in base contact with such a marker, then it may begin to climb as if it was equipped with a small ladder. However, at the end of any phase in which the Human Chains have been climbed, roll a Dice. On a 6, a chain has snapped. Remove a number from the Marker.

The Swords of Chaos

Sword of Chaos = 60pts a model (Rare)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 6 3 4 4 1 5 3 8

Unit Size = 5+

Equipment: Ensorcelled Weapons, Chaos Armour, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed

Options:
May upgrade Ensorcelled Weapons to lances (5pts/model)
May upgrade one model to Vardek Crom (+200pts)
May upgrade one model to Kordel Shorgaar (+350pts)
May upgrade one model to Archaon (+550pts)

Special Rules:
The Will of Chaos, Cause Fear, Chosen of the Dark Gods, Immune to Psychology.

Vardek Crom:
Uses the rules as specified, but is mounted on a barded chaos steed. His skill with a blade means that he counts as fighting on foot at all times. However, he still recieves the +2 modifier to his armour save for being mounted on a barded chaos steed. In addition, he counts as a Musician. If taken, the unit counts as taking up an additional Lord Choice as well as a Rare, and Vardek Crom may not be taken elsewhere in the army. He may never leave the unit for any reason whatsoever, although he counts as a character in all other respects.

Kordel Shorgaar
Uses the rules for a Chaos Lord. Equipped with an Ensorcelled Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed, and the Banner of the Everchosen. Kordell Shorgaar is the Army Battle Standard Bearer. If taken, the unit counts as taking up an additional Lord Choice as well as a rare. He may never leave the unit for any reason whatsoever, although he counts as a Character in all other respects.

Banner of the Everchosen
All units within 12" of the Banner are unbreakable. Any enemy unit taking a psychology test because of the Swords of Chaos must reroll any successful results. The Banner also allows any model in the unit to subtract one from their roll on the Eye of the Gods table. All models in the unit recieve a 5+ Ward Save.

Archaon
Uses the rules represented in the Warriors of Chaos Book. Archaon takes up a Lord Choice as well as a Rare, and he may not be taken elsewhere in the army. He may never leave the unit for any reason whatsoever, although he counts as a character in all other respects. The Swords of Chaos special rule no longer applies, as they may be taken as a unit as themselves now.

The Everchosen
There is a strict order in which challenges must be made and accepted in the unit. If Archaon is present, he is the first model if eligible to issue and accept challenges, followed by Vardek Crom, and then Kordel Shorgaar.

Warrior Coven
If Archaon, Vardek Crom, or Kordel Shorgaar is present in the unit, no other character may join it.

Kordel Shorgaar = 380pts

Uses the Rules for a Chaos Lord, with Chaos Armour, Shield, an Ensorcelled Weapon, and the Banner of the Everchosen.

The Banner of the Everchosen
All units within 12" of the Banner are unbreakable. Any enemy unit taking a psychology test because of the Swords of Chaos must reroll any successful results. The Banner also allows any model in the unit to subtract one from their roll on the Eye of the Gods table. All models in the unit recieve a 5+ Ward Save.

Faces of Death
Kordel Shorgaar has seen his death a thousand times, but his skill with a blade has averted it everytime. His face is twisted into a bestial snarl, his blood red, pupiless eyes staring even as his fanged mouth gnashes its teeth.

Kordel Shorgaar causes Fear.

__________________________________________________ _

DAEMONS OF CHAOS

Be'lakor, the Dark Master = 650pts (Lord)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
8 9 0 5 5 5 9 5 10

The Will of Chaos

Whispers in the Dark
All enemies suffer -1 on all attempts to rally. Enemies within 6" of Be'lakor suffer -1 to any Leadership based tests they are required to make.

Night Wards
Any spells directed at Be'lakor will Miscast on any roll of a double. If a double 6 is rolled, the enemy will cast the spell with Irressisstable Force, followed by a miscast.

Eternal Terror
Be'lakor causes Terror as described. However, he is so terrifying that any enemy unit charging, or being charged by Be'lakor, or within 6" of him at the start of their turn must take a Terror Test, even if they passed the test earlier in the game.

Shadowshroud
All enemy shooting at Be'lakor, and any friendly unit within 12" of him suffers -1 to hit.

Insurmountable Rage
At the start of the turn, roll a Leadership Test. If passed, there are no ill effects. If failed, Be'lakor is subject to Frenzy.

Daemonic
As per the Daemons of Chaos Army Book

Large Target
He is a huge, bat winged monstrosity. Of course he's a large target.

Fly
Those Bat wings, although skeletal, use the power of Dark Magic to keep Be'lakor aloft. He is able to Fly.

Greater Daemon Prince
His Ward Save is increased to 3+, and he is unit strength 5.

Master of the Dark Shadows
He is a level 4 Wizard, and knows all of the following spells:

Bolt of Dark Light (7+)
18" Magic Missile, causes D6 Str 5 Hits.

Nightmare (7+)
Cast on unengaged enemy unit in Line of Sight to Belakor within 24". Enemy unit must take an immediate panic test. Units immune to panic are immune to this spell.

Curse of the Dark Master (8+)
Can be cast on any enemy unit. All models in the unit suffer a -1 penalty to hit with both shooting, and close combat. Remains in Play.

Fog of Death (10+)
Every enemy unit with at least one model within 12" must pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour saves allowed. Every friendly unit with at least one model within 12" must roll a D6. On a 1-3 they are unaffected. On a 4-6, they too suffer the effects of the spell.

Coils of the Serpent (12+)
Choose one enemy model on the table. It must pass a toughness test, or be crushed to death, no armour or ward saves allowed.

__________________________________________________ __

THE EMPIRE

Vorn Thugenheim = (220)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 6 5 4 4 2 5 3 8

Equipment: Full Plate Armour, Hammer of the Winter Wolf, Standard of Middenheim

Hammer of the Winter Wolf
The bearer may reroll failed to wound rolls, and it has the Killing Blow Special Rule

Standard of Middenheim
This is the armies battlestandard. In addition, all combats with at least one friendly unit within 12" of the Standard of Middenheim, the friendly side recieves an extra +1 to their total combat resolution.

Bodyguard
Should Boris Todbringer, Elector Count of Middenheim be present in the same unit as Vorn Thugenheim, and fails a Look Out Sir! roll, Vorn Thugenheim takes the hit instead.

__________________________________________________ ___

Valten, Exalted of Sigmar = 560pts (Lord)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 8 5 5 5 4 6 5 9
9 4 0 4 3 1 5 2 7

Equipment: Ghal Maraz, Armour of the Heldenhammer, Althandin

Ghal Maraz
If Valten, Exalted of Sigmar, and Karl Franz are both present in the same army, then Valten always takes the Ghal Maraz, and Karl Franz takes the Runefang of Altdorf.

Any unit joined by Valten becomes Unbreakable.

Against the Odds
Enemy units never recieve Outnumbering, flank, or rear attack combat resolution bonuses.

Awesome Presence
For each unsaved wound Valten causes (prior to rolling for multiple wounds), friendly units within 12" recieve +1 to their combat resolution score. Valten may never be the army general, even if he has the highest
Leadership.

Iron Resolve
4+ Ward Save. In addition, should Valten ever be killed, you may immediately roll a leadership test. If successful, he immediately stands back up with 1 wound remaining. Valten is immune to Killing Blow, and Poison. Attacks causing multiple wounds half the number of wounds caused, rounding down, to a minimum of 1.

Armour of the Heldenhammer
1+ Armour Save that cannot be improved, MR(2). No models in base contact may cast spells or bound spells, including friendly models.

Althandin
Ignores all movement penalties for difficult terrain, although units joined do not benefit from it.

Boris Todbringer = 280pts (lord)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 6 5 4 4 3 5 3 9

Equipment: Middenland Runefang, Full Plate Armour, Shield, Barded Warhorse, Talisman of Ulric

Ancestral Heirloom

Talisman of Ulric
At the start of every player turn, unless removed as a casualty, Boris Todbringer recovers all wounds suffered up to that point in the battle, and grants MR(1).

Immune to Psychology

High Priest Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir = 325 (Lord)

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 5 3 4 4 3 5 4 9

Equipment: Hammer Axe of Skoll, Wolfplate Armour, Ice Dagger, Charm of the Winter Wolf

Hammer Axe of Skoll
Magical Greatweapon. Grants Killing Blow, and +D3 attacks on the charge.

Wolfplate Armour
Counts as Full Plate Armour, and grants a 5+ Ward Save. In addition, he is immune to flaming attacks.

Ice Dagger
The rank bonus of the priests unit may be added to the power level of any of the priests prayers.

Charm of the Winter Wolf
One prayer per turn may be cast with Irresistable Force.

Blessing of Ulric
Grants +1 Dispel Dice to the Pool of the Army

Crush the Weak
The unit hates all models with Leadership 6 and under.

MORE TO COME. Will be posted in an PDF to come ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-09, 09:00 PM

Muffinman's Flag is: Canada

I was just wondering if we could still post ideas cause I have a couple for Lizards that I think would be interesting ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboytervigon View Post
Go cheese his words are Gouda.
5th Edition Blood Angels: 20/6/16
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-09, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Vaz

No need to ask ;) It's a free forum ;) Glad for ideas!

Quote:
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-02-09, 07:32 PM

jackd334's Flag is: England

Default Khaine

something id like to see is the avatar of khaine for fantasy DE's, and Urial the Forsaken (Malus's brother..)

NOTICE!: Im taking no more new commisions for a while due to my GCSE's. PM me if you do want a model doing, and ill put you on a waiting list.
PM me if your interested in a resin version of my two biggest sculpts!
Check out my sculpting blog! https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=37754
Currently sculpting: Giant
Currently commisioned: Lion el' Jhonson
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-02-09, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

I'm not too sure on Urial - sorry! I'll playtest some rules tomorrow for the Avatar of Khaine.

I've got a Phoenix for the High Elves, so it'd make a perfect counter unit. I might put up some beginner rules for it tonight - after all, the Cult of Slaanesh has access to an Avatar of Slaanesh (the Anointed in the Storm of Chaos). ;)

Quote:
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-02-09, 09:28 PM

edd_thereaper's Flag is: England

i like the sound of an avatar of khaine for DE, it would also be a great excuse tyo huy the model and put it on a fantasy base

as for more idea how about some kind of "dogs of war" formation, i know there are certain units out there but i've not yet heard of formations, maybe something like the tilea cut throat crossbowmen regement or whatnot

cheers

edd

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode