Legendary Battle Datasheets - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-13-09, 11:18 PM
Ascendant Valor's Flag is: USA

For High Elves:

Valor of Ages:
The will (or arrogance) of the High Elves is the stuff of legend. They will not run from their enemy, opting instead to hold fast in otherwise impossible odds
Allows re-rolls of all failed panic tests. If a unit is lead by a Prince or Noble, they may re-roll all failed psychology tests based on the lowest available leadership. [this is to reflect that it is the lowly elves that will run, despite the leader's superior experience]

Masters of the Winds of Magics
It is the High Elves who control the winds of magic, and they alone keep the tides of Chaos at bay. This mastery is often used when needed most in ways that thwart the enemy while still keeping the winds in the favor of the Elves.
If any number of High Elf Mages is on the table, the force with said mages gains the +1 to dispell. If any number of High Elf Archmages is on the table, the force with said archmages gains +2 to dispell. These effects are cumulative up to a +3, but only operate when at least one mage and/or archmage is not fleeing or in combat. Should they be in combat or fleeing, they are far too preoccupied to aid in the manipulation of the winds.

Chariot Masters
The High Elven craftsmanship is superb in all respects, even to those relating to war. The High Elf chariots are lead only by those elves who have proven their relation to their chariot and its steeds in many trials. Through their skills as warriors and craftsmen, the Elven chariots are in steadfast supply, awaiting an opportunity to show their great worth.
Elven Chariots, both Tiranoc and Chracian White Lion, may be fielded in units, ranging in size from 1 to 4, and will account for one unit of the Special choices. Each chariot deals its own impact hits and attacks.
These units may be upgraded with the following:
Halberds: 10pts per per Chariot
Longbows: 10pts per Chariot
Standard Bearer: 35pts
Champion: 35pts
The Champion Charioteer is equiped with a halberd and a longbow. He has +1 leadership and +1 attack on his profile.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll likely have more to throw in with time.

"In the eyes of the Elves of Ulthuan there exists no fear, only grim determination.

Until one has witnessed them in combat, one cannot comprehend the power that they possess."

Last edited by Ascendant Valor; 01-18-09 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Re-wording
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-14-09, 08:08 AM

Vanchet's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I'll have to check. I Know it was always the Dragon Ogres who hated Dragons, due to their nature as a Warped vision of Chaos of the noblest of the ancient races. I'll check about Ogres. I can't remember much of the old fluff for Dragon Ogres - it was only recently that with the updated rules for them that I've began to play them again, and started delving into it more.

I'll have a hunt through Ogre Kingdoms, but the only thing I can know/remember they have beef with are the Giants.

And thanks for your suggestions.

A Few things though - Slaanesh I had always envisaged as making them Unbreakable. A Chosen Warrior Unit, with Unbreakability is extremely tough.

Bear in mind we're talking about making use of lists where I've seen 1200 Pts of Great Cannon fielded, so Unbreakable becomes far more efficient.

Nurgle as well - I'd either extend that to Killing Blow as well, or Regeneration. 70pts is just far too expensive.

Just to let you know, I'll be using a lot of these, and they will be a part of the Heretic. (If You don't know, I'm not going to tell. I'll have to kill you after), although I'll edit them to balance them a little bit, and make them fit in with the current rules.

Little things, such as jusdt clearing up little mistakes/Aesthctics, mainly. You will all be fully credited, and duly repped for it, don't worry ;).

And here is a link to the Article. The PDF link is on the page, but I won't link there, as it's quite Graphic Intensive, and can slow down stuff.
Okie I'll change them

I'm not insane I just lack sanity, there's a difference....................somewhere

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-09, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Okey Dokey - excellent progress has been made, lads and ladies.

I have in total, 47 datasheets completed, 3 more in the works, and idea for I think 83.

What I'll do, when I hit 60, is zip them all up in a folder, and away you go.

There'll also be a skeleton for you to write you own Datasheets, and a copy of the Legendary Battles Datasheets - with an Amendment sheet, to bring it into some extra rules.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say thanks - I think I've repped you all for your work, and it's all gone better than I hoped.

With these done, hopefully I can help Red Orc with his Fantasy Alternate lists, and finish off the updates to the Storm of Chaos lists (Slayer Fans rejoice), Dogs of War, and Dragon Ogres.

And as a last note - I tried the Ogre Tribes rule this morning in a 6000pt'er. The Pricing is a little expensive on all the tribes. But that's good - Without Number, against a canny general, can be a bit hard to justify, but there's always the handy case of a Scrap launchers 'accidentally landing' on your 1 Wound remaining 8 strong Iron gut unit. =D. By the way - Mighty Fist Ironguts - be warned - they are Scary.

To get your appetite going, here are some of the Datasheets I've come up with;

Warriors of Chaos
Swords of Chaos
SeaFang
Melekh the Changer
Haargroth the Bloodied One
Prince Styrkar
Festus Bile

Daemons
The Terror - Gotrek and Felix fans - this Bloodthirster is for you!
Anngrath the Unbound - again, a big beasty.
And the rest of the Forge World Daemons
M'Kachen

High Elves
Aenarion and Indraugnir (The Greatest Dragon, causes Fear in Terror Causes, and Autobreaks enemies that don't win in combat, and a Sword that can slap Archaon back to the 4 gods)
The Everqueen
Hand Maidens
White Lion Cavalry
Phoenixs (Great Eagles on Steroids, shoot Magical Flaming Bolt Thrower attacks)
Annnnndd TRUE Dragon Princes, plus the Return of Imrik.

Dwarfs
Airship =D
Gotrek and Felix + Homies
Malakai Makkaisons Gobbo Hewer
Long Drong (ooh arr)

Empire -
Teutogen Guard (White Wolves on foot)
White Wolf Cavalry
River Patrol
Elector Count rules
Province Rules

Bretonnians
The Lance of Gilles - Gilles, and his Knights - as in 12 Lords all in a Lance formation, who can choose one Knightly virtue each turn, in addition to a boosted Empathy Virtue
The Wild Hunt

Tomb Kings
Sphynx
Tomb Snake - 3 Variants - each with different sizes, Kobra, Paethon, and Mamba

Dark Elves
Slave Masters - Choose a unit of slaves - human, elven, lizard, skaven, dwarven... there to protect your troops a real meatshield. Cheap as chips, unbreakable, and enemies never get a rank bonus against them, due to their numbers.
Bedlam Rack - a unit similar in function to the Screaming Bell, that grants additional affects similar to the Warshrine as it eats characters. It rolls along with the Blackguard.

Lizards
Carnosaur Hunting Pack - Oldblood on Carnosaur, and 3-5 others, with rules similar to Wulfrik.
Not much else, didn't know what was new.

Skaven
Doomwheel
Council of 13

Wood Elves
Feral Dragons - Rare Choice Dragons that are low in leadership, and have D3+3 attacks, but really add a nice Combat punch to them. However, even if they are unbreakable LD10, they have 4 wounds, and if they fail a Leadership test with a modifier of wounds suffered, they enemy can control them for one turn, before returning back to the Wood Elf players side
Dragon Singer - New Lord Choice, all Feral Dragons automatically pass leadership tests. He's a Level 2 Caster, grants 4 dice to the Dispel Pool (Dragon Blood), and is pretty nifty in combat, thanks to Shape Shift - although it costs points to buy the aspects. Aspects are similar to kindreds

Beasts of Chaos
All units listed in the Warriors of Chaos are updated.
Asterion - the First Minotaur - Kholek in a Minotaur form, basically ;)

Vampires (these are a bit comical)
Georgiou A. Romero - I'm sorry. It had to be put in. Anyway, can cast 4 Invocations a turn, at Bound Spell PL 5+D6. Has a film crew bodyguard, (of zombies) that slow the chargers that attempt to get their picture taken.
Jack Skellington
Edward Scissorhands
Tim Burton
The Corpse Bride... (I had fun with these)

Chaos Dwarves
Hellcannon
updated O+G
Ruin-ic Items. =D
Dwarven Taurusk Cavalry - Dwarves riding Boar/Minotaur Centaurs

Ogres
Tribes- these you've seen.
Dragon ogres
Rhinox Cavalry
Yhetee Khing (had to put this guy in, from the Phit Fhighter, sorry =D)

Orcs and Gobbos
The Major Waaaghhhs
Gork and Mork Shrine - similar to the effect of the Warshrine, but BETTA, LADZ.

That's enough, I reckon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-09, 01:24 AM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Gork and Mork Shrine - similar to the effect of the Warshrine, but BETTA, LADZ.
I'd forgotten all about that, or did we come up with a genius idea separately? I am looking forward to seeing what you have done with it.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-18-09, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Vaz

All from you, pretty much, my good man ;) There are a few more buffs, but it's far more powerful than the Warshrine, and nearly as good as the G/M shrine from the SoC book but for far less.

Looking through the previous annuals, O+G really got a beef up with new things, such as the Orc Tribes, and the different kinds of Gobbos (instead of just Gobbo's or Night Gobbo's, there are Fire Kobolds, Lake Kappas, etc.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-09, 12:54 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

A coulple of dwarf ones:
The brotherhood of Grimnir: +5pts a modle for units/20pts for characters
A group of slayer priests, these fanatical dwarfs have dedicated there souls to grimnir. As such, there patron protects them against lesser beings.
Any unit of slayers or character may be upgraded to BoG. they have +1 ws, +1 s and a 6+ ward save anganinst any attacks that strike at st 5 or less. If killed by a st 5 or greater attack, each unit (not characters) adds 1 to the owner of the unit's points/score. characters who are BoG may be the general or the BSB(normal rules apply). if so, slayers become core. BoG remain special. You must have more slayer units than BoG units.

doom seekers: +15pts
many slayers lose there sanity over time. some become doomseekers, slayers that want to take down as many foes as possible.
Any dragon slayer may be armed with "whiling blades of death". they may not join units. when in combat each modle in base contact takes D3 st5 hits. modles adjacent to any modle that is hit, but are not directly hit them selves, take 1 st4 hit.

hows that?
I've "borrowed" these from the storm of chaos book, but changed the rules slightly.
If you like them i can add more from the SoC.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez

Last edited by Dafistofmork; 01-20-09 at 01:01 PM.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-09, 03:37 PM

Sorry for double posting, but this is important. I have about 30 legendary units/characters from my 5 year back log of white dwarfs. are they subject it gw's ip, and can i submit them?
thanks

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-20-09, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Send me a PM with the Details - it's easier that way, and we can talk about it.

I'd prefer it if these were unique - ideas are fine, if you take them from other forums, and from the fluff, but so it doesn't get messy it's far easier for them to be unique. Stats for a Dwarf Lord are stats for a Dwarf Lord - it's the special rules that can make them difficult... But yeah, give me a PM with as many as you want to give and that'll be grand. We will be including re-hashes of the Games Workshop models, but if a Rule is referenced, (i.e for a Dwarf, there's no need in stating the rules for Relentless, just state the page number and Book) then to not mess with the IP, and all that.

In short give me a PM, and we can decide over what goes in - I'm thinking of doing focuses (so Lizardmen will be a big one, with the new book), I think 30 could be too many... so it gives a chance to sieve out the pointless ones etc.

Taking the rules and 'making them your own' is good so to speak. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 10:34 AM

Well, i could vet the rubish ones, and convert the special characters to fit in with the rules, i.e Hero X-dwarf thane. has the special rules Heroisum of X, armed withthe x axe. i dont have stuff with me at the moment, but i could do that when im free. then i could possibly post them (though, like you said, we could pm each other).

concerning lizardmen, iv got a draft for a first gen slan somewhere-do you want me to submit it before or after the new book comes out? (after might be best.)

(in case anyone was wondering, i but the doom seekers up so people could dig out there old modles- they are so nice they have to be used!)

edit- just so i dont doulble post:
legendary unit/character.
Dwarf beer cart: 75pts/ special chioce
M/WS/BS/S/T/W/I/A/LD
CART: -/-/-/-5/3/-/-/-
MULE: 6/2/0/3/3/1/2/0/4
CREW: 3/4/3/3//1/2/1/9
apolgies if that is two hard to read, i dont know how to get a tableup on this.
No. of crew:2
special rules:
inspiring pressence all friendly dwarf units within 12" are ItP,
vengence if destroyed, D6 frienldy dwarf units become frenzied and all units hate the enemy,
not built for war causes no impact hits when charging.

A brewmaster may ride it: +65pts, counts as 1 hero if so(not special)
as thane, but with the fowling excptions:
Has light armour instead of gromrli,
may take only 50pts of magic items.
may take runic mugs as part of runes allowence:
mug of valour all units in base contact are unbreakable-25pts
mug of health all units in base contact regenerate-25pts
mug of determintion all units in base contact are stubbon-15pts
only one mug may be used per turn- declare which at start of your turn.
A brewmaster may never leave the cart-he dies if it is destroyed. no other character may be mounted on the cart.

yes, its a dwarf chariot which can make frindly units regenerate or unbreakable. (combine mug of health with the brotherhood of grimnir, and have the opponent destroy an unmaned cart-frenzied super slayers that hate the enemy and rengenerate!)

Oh, most of the WD stuff is usless, il just convert the few good stuff to fit the standard rules. it will just be easirer on every one that way. il pm vaz the special chars when i get the chance to.

Last edited by Dafistofmork; 01-23-09 at 11:27 AM.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-31-09, 01:18 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Now this a pretty simple idea no special rules or anything here but i was thinking wouldnt an especially powerful and influential warlord be able to amass ARMIES of the mightiest champions of chaos from the old world and beyond.. so im thinking chosen and chaos knights as core... sounds simple but i like the idea..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode