Co-op(zombie) 1000-2000 point Warhammer Fantasy - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-13, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

halo_clock's Flag is: Canada

Default Co-op(zombie) 1000-2000 point Warhammer Fantasy

Alright, me and my friends were tired of playing against each other so we decided to make a co-op game.

Terrain:
You grab an average gaming board, some fortifications, make a castle. We just used a straight wall 28 inches from our edge of the board. We played North vs South deployment. Had a "gate"(more like a hole) in the middle 7 inches wide. Zombies can climb over walls as if they had ladders, you CAN make them roll to climb vertical distance. Could deploy anywhere on the walls/ in the city.

The NPC's
Zombies start with a Vampire Lord(army doesn't disintegrate if he dies), 3 blocks of skeletons(30), 6 blocks of zombies(30). Skele's head for the gate, zombies split up and take either side of the wall. We stuck the vamp with the skele's. On each turn roll for each group, skele, zombie #1 and #2, on a 4+ another identical squad appears as if from reserves. We had grave guard and black knights also in reserve, and a squad of them came in on a roll of a 6. They only spawned once in our game.
Enemy stats are taken from the Vampire Counts Army Book.

You!
I played Empire 1000 points, friend played High Elves 1000 points. I think we made it to turn 9.

What are your thoughts? We definitely wanted this game to go faster, make it harder for the players. Also the magic phase was kind of hard to do, we had the vampire lord AI save his dice to dispel your most powerful spell (no flesh to stone for you!). Failing that you can always have your friend roll against you for a magic phase.

P.S If you dont have 3 armies lying around use vassal/d20 pro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-13, 04:00 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

I am fond of the occaisional last stand against endless waves.

I did something similar with Imperial Guard and Tyranids many years ago, inspired by Rorke's Drift.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Tags
co-op , fantasy , warhammer , zombie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode