Warhammer + D&D - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-11, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Raizer Sabre's Flag is: England

Default Warhammer + D&D

Don't know if I should post this in here, but if it's not the right place, feel free to move it.

Anyway, I got into my first game of Dungeon's & Dragons with my friends a couple of weeks back and got the hook for that. I then began to think how I could make up my own campaign/scenario using what Warhammer models I have. It then occured to me that there's such a wide degree of imagination involved that I could attempt to get away with throwing in the magic from the Winds and maybe tweak a few, completely change some and make them fit into this other world. Here's what I've got so far in terms of magic:

Quote:
Heavens
Iceshard Blizzard:
Fires a lance of ice that either penetrates or explodes depending on range.
Range: 10 Squares
Damage: D8 + Wisdom vs Will
Effect: Cold damage vs Will. At half range (5 squares), Iceshard Blizzard penetrates. At full range, does not penetrate but explodes in a 2x2 square

Harmonic Convergence:
In an act of divination, the caster can foil his foeís attacks.
Range: Self
Damage: N/A
Effect: Re-rolls failed defensive rolls until the start of the casterís next turn but the re-rolled number must be accepted regardless of result.

Comet of Casandora:
The caster beseeches the heavens for aid and summons forth a mighty comet.
Range: Any
Damage: D10 + Wisdom vs Will
Effect: The caster chooses a target for the comet to strike. At the start of the casterís turn, roll a D6. On 1-4, nothing happens. On 5-6, the comet strikes. On a 5, it merely hits the target. On a 6, it explodes, dealing damage in a 3x3 square with the target at the centre.

Urannonís Thunderbolt:
With a mighty crack of thunder, the caster conjures a missile of lightning.
Range: 8 Squares
Damage: D10 + Wisdom vs Will
Effect: A magic missile attack is launched. Additionally, if hit, the target must then make a Reflex check. If failed, they are stunned and cannot attack and move in the same turn. This effect lasts until the targetís next turn.

Wind Blast:
The caster seizes the winds of battle and directs them towards their foe.
Damage: D6 vs Will
Effect: Fires a magic missile that pushes the target back D3 squares

Chain Lightning:
Lightning bursts from the casterís hands, crackling with stormy rage as it seeks more victims
Range: 6 Squares
Damage: D10 vs Will
Effect: Lightning jumps from the caster to the target. If another enemy unit is within 2 squares of the struck target, they suffer damage as well. If another unit is within 2 squares of this unit, they are struck as well. The spell continues until it canít find any more targets in the jump range.

Curse of the Midnight Wind:
So attuned is the caster with the heavens that they can release a curse that was old when the world was still in its infancy.
Damage: Vs Will
Effect: When struck by the curse, the target must re-roll all hit and save rolls over 15, including modifiers. The re-rolled result is accepted, regardless of result

Beasts
Wyssanís Wildform:
The caster unleashes the beast within himself and his allies, increasing their strength tenfold.
Range: Self and all friendly
Effect: The caster and all his allies receive a +2 bonus on all hit and damage rolls

The Flock of Doom:
The caster beseeches the local avian life to do battle with a common enemy.
Range: 6 Squares
Damage: D6 + Intelligence vs Will
Effect: A magic missile is launched. Instead of rolling once to wound, this magic effect rolls twice and both rolls stack

Pannís Impenetrable Pelt:
The caster calls upon the ancient animal spirits for protection.
Range: Any friendly
Effect: The target ally gains +4 to Armour Class

The Amber Spear:
The caster summons forth a spear of amber from the earth. Seizing it in his hand, the spear is thrust towards the enemy with devastating effect.
Range: 8 Squares
Damage: D10 vs Reflex
Effect: The Spear is a magic missile that penetrates to its full range of 8 squares. Can only be fired in a straight line and cannot curve.

The Curse of Anraheir:
At the casterís behest, furious nature spirits assail the foe, draining them of power and energy.
Effect: Target suffers a -2 penalty on hit and damage rolls until the start of the casterís next turn

The Savage Beast of Horros:
The caster reaches for the beast within himself and his allies, releasing furious energy.
Range: Self or any one friendly
Effect: The target ally or the caster gains +3 to attack and damage rolls.

Transformation of Kadon:
Releasing the beast within, the caster comes down on his foes with a blood-thirsty fury.
Range: Self
Effect: On a D20 roll of 15 or higher, the caster transforms into a raging Carnosaur that thirsts for blood and destruction. The effect lasts until either the end of the encounter, the caster is killed or the enemy makes an Arcana check to see if the effect can be dispelled. The check must make 4 successes before 4 failures in order to succeed.

Death:
Spirit Leech:
The caster reaches into his targetís very soul and steals his life essence.
Range: 4 squares
Damage: D8 vs Fortitude
Effect: The caster damages the target and steals some health in order to replenish his own. This replenished HP is equal to half the damage dealt.

Aspect of the Dreadknight:
An invisible aura surrounds the caster and his allies. Only the truly brave will stand against this force now.
Range: Self and all friendly within 3 squares
Effect: The enemy now fears the caster and any caught in his terrifying aura. Any enemy unit that comes within 2 squares of any affected friendly unit or the caster must roll against the Will of their chosen target. Roll higher and the enemy has overcome their fear and will attack. Roll lower and they become immobilised until the start of their next turn. This check must be made with every action taken. This effect will last until either the end of the casterís third turn or the caster is killed.

The Caress of Laniph:
Calling forth various spirits, the caster and cause his chosen target to lose control of his own self.
Range: 4 squares
Effect: If successful, the target becomes confused and will attack anything that happens to stray nearby, including his own allies. This effect lasts until the targetís second turn.

Soulblight:
The casterís enemies suddenly become very afraid and their will to fight is weakened.
Range: 5 squares, 9 square radius
Effect: instead of rolling a D20 to hit, a D10 is rolled instead. If 8, 9 or 10 is rolled (including modifiers), then a D20 is rolled as normal. Anything at 7 or below is considered a failure and the will to fight has been sapped. This lasts until the casterís next turn.
That's all I have so far, but I'm curious to see what people think on this transition. If there are any D&D players about, even better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-11, 09:15 PM

Samules's Flag is: USA

Quick question: Is this 3.5 or fourth edition? (I have played 3.5 for years but dislike 4th for the lack of forward planning and seemingly non-cause related effects like healing surges and the increased difficulty of homebrew.... I should stop now )

If you're not sure tell me does the cover of the players handbook look like this: (4th)

Or this? (3.5)

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-11, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

well i've downloaded 4th pdf's but i think the game i played was 3.5. so for the most part really, i've been following 4th, but surely stuff like this could be backwards compatible? i mean i'm trying to make a warforged character, which i believe is 4th, but i'm not 100% which version we're playing for next time lol

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-11, 05:12 PM

Warforged are a specialty race for the Ebberon campaign setting in 3.5 but (I think) are a standard one in 4th. The magic system works completely different in 3.5 (e.g. no at will or encounter abilities, you just have a limit on the number of spells of each level you can cast in a day. And only spellcasters have powers at all) Get back to me if you figure out which edition you're using!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-11, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

well i've just asked and apparently its 4th which, according to our dm, is easier lol
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-11, 09:49 PM

Yeah, it was designed to be simpler to attract a wider audience. I have very little experience with it so you will need to find someone else for your critiquing. I can recommend the Giant in the Playground forums to you. Quite a few people who play Warhammer and D&D over there.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-11, 11:41 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

4e may be simpler, but 3.5e is more fun.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-11, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsojames View Post
4e may be simpler, but 3.5e is more fun.

Oh yes, the stories I could tell...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion > WFB Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode