2500 WoC v2 - Still Tzeentch themed! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-10, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Default 2500 WoC v2 - Still Tzeentch themed!

Lord:
390 Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch - LvL4, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Ironcurse Icon, Infernal Puppet
190 Exhalted Hero of Tzeentch - Sword of Might, Charmed Shield, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch
190 BSB Exhalted Hero of Tzeentch - Sword of swift slaying, dragonshelm, favour of the gods, shield

Special:
239 3X Dragon Ogres - Champion, Additional Hand Weapon

Rare:
150 Warshrine of Tzeentch
150 Warshrine of Tzeentch

Core:
378 18 Warriors of Tzeentch - Full Command, Shield, Blasted Standard - Hero of Tzeentch here for favour of the gods
411 18 Warriors of Nurgle - Full Command, Shield & Haberd, Razor Standard - Sorcerer here
401 18 Warriors of Nurgle - Full Command, Shield & Haberd, Banner of Rage

So the lord now joins the unit of nurgle warriors with razor standard. The exalted hero on foot joints the tzeentch warriors who screen the rage warriors. The flying hero hunts warmachines and lone wizards and then promptly plows into combat somewhere. I plan on using the tzeentch warriors to counter anything super killy, tying them up and dual warshrining it if I need to (hence favor of the gods). The sorc is with the other unit of warriors, just to get some use out of the ironcurse icon. I like the dragon ogres and have a good converting idea.

Thoughts?

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-06-10, 09:55 PM

VeronaKid's Flag is: USA

Looks like a fairly solid list. Why not keep it super fluffy, though, and go with all Tzeentch warriors? With the warshrine buffs you're going to get, you're likely to get similar results to the Mark of Nurgle, and it would be way more in-character. Plus, with three monster units of Tzeentch warriors, your force is looking really hard to kill.

And, to top it off, you'd be able to paint it all in a single batch rather than switching gears halfway through.

I like the Dragon Ogres. I know that others won't agree, but I think they're terrifying when I play against them. I'd love to see some pics of your conversions.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-10, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronaKid View Post
Looks like a fairly solid list. Why not keep it super fluffy, though, and go with all Tzeentch warriors? With the warshrine buffs you're going to get, you're likely to get similar results to the Mark of Nurgle, and it would be way more in-character. Plus, with three monster units of Tzeentch warriors, your force is looking really hard to kill.

And, to top it off, you'd be able to paint it all in a single batch rather than switching gears halfway through.

I like the Dragon Ogres. I know that others won't agree, but I think they're terrifying when I play against them. I'd love to see some pics of your conversions.
Sound advice... I originally had all tzeentch warriors but It was kinda shown to me the lack of killing power they pack like that (as you want HW/S for the parry save but you want the halberd for killing power). I have my centre block of tzeentch warriors who my sorc and bsb will sit in leading the two units of killier nurgle warriors.

My dragon ogre is a combination of the daemon prince kit and the warriors of chaos horse. I'll post a pic up in the modelling section sometime today.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-10, 03:32 AM
Dark Knight

sybarite's Flag is: Australia

list looks cool,
l would drop still drop Nurgle as they only do better then the Tzeentch mark when there is over 15 shooting attacks aim at the unit. Also you dont have to give the hw/shield there still fine with halberd.

the main reason why people don't like Dragon Ogres (or in my area at least) is because they die very easy to the new 8th ed spells (purple sun for example) and cannon balls were chaos knights cost almost the same but don't die as often.

p.s dam you purple sun.

My Chaos Army
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...m/P1060039.jpg you can see them all in the the heresy gallery under WoC
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery
~desu
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-10, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
list looks cool,
l would drop still drop Nurgle as they only do better then the Tzeentch mark when there is over 15 shooting attacks aim at the unit. Also you dont have to give the hw/shield there still fine with halberd.

the main reason why people don't like Dragon Ogres (or in my area at least) is because they die very easy to the new 8th ed spells (purple sun for example) and cannon balls were chaos knights cost almost the same but don't die as often.

p.s dam you purple sun.
Would you recommend knights over the ogres (or just more warriors)?? I feel like the army needs some sort of fast hard hitting unit to draw worry away from my warriors. To me it seems like a knight dies even quicker to a cannonball due to the 1 wound whereas a DO has 4 to chew through (although no one would probably shoot a cannon only to kill 1 knight). Purple Sun I can understand, but if they roll that against me then fine... I may take some damage from it but for the most part its not that frighting with I4+ across the table (minus the DO's).

Sorry, I didn't understand your comment regarding the halberds. Are you saying that I don't need a shield with them on all my units or?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-10, 10:23 PM
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
Would you recommend knights over the ogres (or just more warriors)??
Knights with MoK vs Dragon Ogres with AW is a hard choice really both will take on any flanking unit and win both cant take on a big inf block so they both really have near to the same roll.

But Knights with magic weapons (which is really helpful vs an army like VC) will do better in most cases due to fact they have more attacks and higher I less wounds but a better save the big issue with knights is they cost a fair bit more then Dragon Ogres.

with that being said l have seen Dragon Ogres with GW going knight hunting due to the fact you are going to attack last anyway the difference is 3 S 7 attacks and a stomp after will kill most knights.

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't understand your comment regarding the halberds. Are you saying that I don't need a shield with them on all my units or?
Sorry for my poor English.
what l mean is say you you are fighting a unit in combat with your chaos Warriors arm with halberd.

Enemy unit S 4 WS 4 with 12 attacks.
MoN has no affect as they still hit on a 4+ and you will lose 2 Warriors
MoT has a chance to save 1 of the Warriors.

Enemy unit S 4 WS 3 with 12 attacks.
MoN has an affect as they now hit on a 5+ and you will lose 1 Warrior
MoT is the same as before

Shooting

6 shots at S 4 at BS 4
MoN has an affect as they now hit on a 4+ and you will lose 1 Warrior
MoT has a chance to save the Warriors but odds are you will lose 2.

6 shots at S 4 at Auto Hit
MoN has no affect you will lose 1 or 2 Warriors
MoT has a chance to save the Warriors but odds are you will lose 1 or 2.

in the end NoN dose do better in some cases but doesn't do anything in others, were MoT works in almost every case and has almost the same result so in the end due to both of them almost being the same overall and you could have a full fluff Tzeentch army l would take MoT.

always take a Shield for the better AS vs shooting at least, just saying in combat MoN vs MoT is not that diffent.

My Chaos Army
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...m/P1060039.jpg you can see them all in the the heresy gallery under WoC
~desu

Last edited by sybarite; 11-09-10 at 02:57 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 04:16 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
...with that being said l have seen Dragon Ogres with GW going knight hunting due to the fact you are going to attack last anyway the difference is 3 S 7 attacks and a stomp after will kill most knights.
You can't Stomp on Cavalry.

RE: the list, I like it; faced a similar list at the weekend and those warshrines are pretty awesome.

I would be tempted to see how the Dragon Ogres get on, or swap them for a Hellcannon for some ranged support.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Knights with MoK vs Dragon Ogres with AW is a hard choice really both will take on any flanking unit and win both cant take on a big inf block so they both really have near to the same roll.

But Knights with magic weapons (which is really helpful vs an army like VC) will do better in most cases due to fact they have more attacks and higher I less wounds but a better save the big issue with knights is they cost a fair bit more then Dragon Ogres.

with that being said l have seen Dragon Ogres with GW going knight hunting due to the fact you are going to attack last anyway the difference is 3 S 7 attacks and a stomp after will kill most knights.

Sorry for my poor English.
what l mean is say you you are fighting a unit in combat with your chaos Warriors arm with halberd.

Enemy unit S 4 WS 4 with 12 attacks.
MoN has no affect as they still hit on a 4+ and you will lose 2 Warriors
MoT has a chance to save 1 of the Warriors.

Enemy unit S 4 WS 3 with 12 attacks.
MoN has an affect as they now hit on a 5+ and you will lose 1 Warrior
MoT is the same as before

Shooting

6 shots at S 4 at BS 4
MoN has an affect as they now hit on a 4+ and you will lose 1 Warrior
MoT has a chance to save the Warriors but odds are you will lose 2.

6 shots at S 4 at Auto Hit
MoN has no affect you will lose 1 or 2 Warriors
MoT has a chance to save the Warriors but odds are you will lose 1 or 2.

in the end NoN dose do better in some cases but doesn't do anything in others, were MoT works in almost every case and has almost the same result so in the end due to both of them almost being the same overall and you could have a full fluff Tzeentch army l would take MoT.

always take a Shield for the better AS vs shooting at least, just saying in combat MoN vs MoT is not that diffent.
You raise VERY valid points. My concern would be WS5 units who are halfway decent in combat - Like say longbeards and swordsmen. I'll definitely put some thought into it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop5 View Post
You can't Stomp on Cavalry.

RE: the list, I like it; faced a similar list at the weekend and those warshrines are pretty awesome.

I would be tempted to see how the Dragon Ogres get on, or swap them for a Hellcannon for some ranged support.
Thanks Bishop - I would like to try a hellcannon at some point.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 09:25 PM
Dark Knight

Quote:
My concern would be WS5 units who are halfway decent in combat.
that's true if your vsing HE or DE, Dwarfs you will be looking at mainly WS 5 so you will be hitting on 3's but l guess if you really want a unit to kill something you could take MoK and put the unit behind your tanking one.

Edit: one more thing what are you aiming to get with your warshine rolls? as Blasted Standard may become bad

My Chaos Army
~desu

Last edited by sybarite; 11-09-10 at 09:30 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
that's true if your vsing HE or DE, Dwarfs you will be looking at mainly WS 5 so you will be hitting on 3's but l guess if you really want a unit to kill something you could take MoK and put the unit behind your tanking one.

Edit: one more thing what are you aiming to get with your warshine rolls? as Blasted Standard may become bad
Anything really... Some would be redundant with the banner I agree. They're more there to throw out 2 buffs to any unit in need. If no one is in need, I would toss em on the hw/s tzeentch warriors in hopes of making them a bit more killy in combat while keeping them defensive in nature.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode