1500 WoC Casting-Heavy - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
Its a bit of a trip to retrieve my rulebook just now but Im certain that you cant shoot after a failed charge- if nothing else the new FAQs still has instances where special shooting attacks are said not to be able to shoot after a failed charge (eg WE's strangleroot).
I hope you're wrong but my gut feeling tells me you're right.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 12:22 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Page 38 BRB lists a failed charge amongst things that prevent shooting.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
Page 38 BRB lists a failed charge amongst things that prevent shooting.
I knew you'd show up!

Thanks for checking btw.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 07:59 PM

Karnox's Flag is: Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
well to put axes on one unit i'd swap the enchanted shield for a dragonhelm - still grants +1, i know the shield is +2, but thats still a 2+ save plus you get a 2+ save against flaming attacks which seems apt to me!
But the dragon helm is twice the points of an enchanted shield... so how would that save him points?

When life gives you lemons..... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 10:30 PM

Drax's Flag is: England

because you take the points from the army book over the rulebook and the army book its another 10 points
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 11:45 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ahhahhahahhaaa- thats the laugh of an ogre player, the only army that can currently take a 5pt enchanted shield (or so I believe).
I think its a little weird that ogres get cheap enchanted shields purely because we weren't allowed to take any shields at all until the new rulebook came out.

I could understand prices being higher in the rulebook if you couldnt take the item from your own common items (like the warbanner), but being cheaper is a little odd.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 12:21 AM

Karnox's Flag is: Russia

so it is... that is really quite stupid, I mean now when tomb kings, wood elves and bretonia get redone, if that will ever happen, they will have enchanted shields for 5pts, so why even make the enchanted shield 5pts if no one, bar ogers (who shouldnt even be able to have shields =/) are able to use them for that amount. Its a common list for a reason, that the items are easilly attainable by all armies so I dont really see the logic in them being differently priced

When life gives you lemons..... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode