2500pt WoC Competitive as possible - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-14, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA

Default 2500pt WoC Competitive as possible

Hello all. I know you cant make a list that can take on anything, but i want this list to be as competitive as possible. anything i can do to make it better, i want to know. mind you the only things ive bought are the sorcerer and a box of warriors, so anything goes! Thanks.

LnH:
Lord w/ Jugger, MoK, Ogre Blade, Charmed Shield, Soul Feeder, Tali of Pres - 375pts
I know he and his unit can be baited, but hopefully i will have the skills and a few hounds to keep that from happening as much as possible.

Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord w/ Enchanted Shield, Dispel Scoll, Dawnstone, Lore of Shadow - 325pts
I know, I know. a lord without a ward or MR. I am banking on the use of Festus' regen and re-rollable 2+ saves to keep him alive. am i wrong in my thinking? He will be with the nurgle warriors.

Festus the Leechlord - 190pts
A list with nurgle and not have festus in it, a nurgle list it does not make. How could anyone pass him up? i just wish i had the points to make him his endtime version. will be with the nurgle warriors.

Hero w/ MoK, Sword of Might, BSB, Tali of End, Shield, Scaled Skin - 218pts
Pretty straightforward choice. i would prefer give him a halberd for a cheaper +1S, but can you do that if hes holding the BSB and a shield? he goes with the khorne warriors

Core:
18 Warriors w/ MoN, FC, sword and shield - 336pts
My anvil, coupled with festus this unit isn't going anywhere, or atleast not without throwing a heck of a lot at it imo.

17 Warriors w/ MoK, FC, halberds, banner of swiftness - 368pts
Them plus the hero should make this a pretty solid second hammer, or first, dosen't matter, they will hit like a train.

5 warhounds
5 warhounds
Simple chaff and redirectors, mostly used to keep my raged warriors and juggers from being baited around the board.

Special
Gorebeast chariot w/ MoN - 140pts
Generally i have a rule to always run chariots in pairs. But i had a odd amount of leftover points and i needed something else on the table. they could act as fast support or enemy artillery hunters. If the points are better spent otherwise, let me know. i was thinking a couple of spawns could do aswell... thoughts?

Rare
Hellcannon
do i need to explain?

3 Skullcrushers w/ FC, gleaming pennant, enscrolled weapons - 269pts
I debated a good long while (and still sort of am) on whether to take a nurgle general on a steed in a unit of 9 knights, or these guys plus the khorne lord. Where i stand atm is these guys simply hit harder and i wanted a good solid hammer. I could easily justify the nurgle mounted unit instead, but it really comes down to a coin toss i think on the pros and cons. let me know your thoughts. the FC is just so i dont lose the unit to something like a stupid single combat resolution point that breaks them.

2491pts

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log

Last edited by Blood_Knight; 12-20-14 at 07:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 05:45 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

Over all not a bad list. Looks pretty solid and any changes would just be personal preference.

As for the gorebeast chariot, they are incredibly slow w/ M6 but hit like a fast moving freight train and can take loads of punishment w/ T6. It is possible that it will get left behind, even by the foot slogging warriors. I usually run a pair of regular chariots w/ the MoS. M8 (no barding now on the steeds!) keeps up w/ the warriors a bit better and the MoS to keep the chariot from fleeing from dogs that get wiped out or broken.

On the chaos knight vs crusher debate ... It'll be harder for the enemy to hit back vs the Nurgle knights and you have more bodies but the knights aren't going to hit like the crushers. Like you said, it's a bit of a coin toss.

For the BSB, yes, you can take a halberd. The rules used to be that BSBs could not take any extra mundane eq but that changed w/ this edition. Shields and different weapons are all thumbs up now. The only thing is if you take a magic banner you can't have any other magic items.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Blood_Knight's Flag is: USA

Quote:
On the chaos knight vs crusher debate ... It'll be harder for the enemy to hit back vs the Nurgle knights and you have more bodies but the knights aren't going to hit like the crushers. Like you said, it's a bit of a coin toss.
I had a long drawn out conversation with some friends at my LGS. it comes down to what i want them to do. In this case they are my hard hitting hammer. Yeah the knights are sturdier, but the crushers hit like a train, which is what i was looking for in this unit.

Quote:
As for the gorebeast chariot, they are "slow" w/ M6 but hit like a freight train and can take loads of punishment w/ T6. It is possible that it will get left behind, even by the foot slogging warriors. I usually run a pair of regular chariots w/ the MoS. M8 (no barding now on the steeds!) keeps up w/ the warriors a bit better and the MoS to keep the chariot from fleeing from dogs that get wiped out or broken.
This guy maybe be a bit slower, but it can do a few things for me. Either he will be a fire magnet, which go ahead at T6 with 5 wounds. fire away, thats less shots going into my units. Or he is ignored or not given proper attention at which case should be able to cleave through things. IF he dosent work out so well, then i will try a pair of spawn. Or if he does, ill find the points to get a second

Quote:
For the BSB, yes, you can take a halberd. The rules used to be that BSBs could not take any extra mundane eq but that changed w/ this edition. Shields and different weapons are all thumbs up now. The only thing is if you take a magic banner you can't have any other magic items.
Outstanding. That being said id give my hero the halberd and use the extra points plus what i have leftover to give vanguard to my hounds

People take time to comment. So reply in kind

My Khorne/Nurgle army project log

Last edited by Blood_Knight; 12-22-14 at 05:43 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 11:08 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

Yeah, those crushers are definitely going to let you get in and grind things down; especially w/ a Khornite Lord in the mix. Just watch out for Metal magic and war machines that ignore armor.

On the gorebeast - that's pretty much how I see it as well. I played against a WE player and it took him 4 turns of 20 shots a turn + 10 from stand and shoot to take mine out (had 2 TERRIBLE rolls for charges ). I think a gorebeast chariot is a great choice. Probably undercost by 10 or 20 points for what you get. If it does end up being too slow for you, don't go w/ the Spawn. They are way to easy to take out. I'd rather use a regular chariot and another unit of hounds.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-15, 07:25 PM

What about removing the Gorebeast Chariot and adding two crushers for a total of 5 crushers and the lord giving you two ranks? I think this might make it more of a hammer.

The other options that I could think of would be to either reduce the number of items on the Lord and/or on the sorcerer, or remove festus in order to add another Gorebeast chariot.

Anyway, those ideas come from the fact that 1 chariot is not normally sufficient as you pointed out yourself. But I like the feel of the army it appears strong.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode