Fast Khorne 1K - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-13, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Default Fast Khorne 1K

This is a small list a friend put together for me so i could see if i could make a nice list, before commiting to buying the book. Im happy with it, although im thinking of perhaps adding a sorcerer and a pair of spawn (i would use spare gore beasts for these) to knock it up to 1200? List comes in at 1006, so i think adding a few bits would be a better option than removing some.

exalted hero = 197
talisman of endurance
chalice of chaos
soul feeder
chaos steed
shield
mark of khorne
halberd

chaos chariot = 120
mark of khorne

chaos chariot = 120
mark of khorne

5 marauder horse men = 90
mark of khorne
throwing axes

5 chaos nights = 245
mark of khorne
banner
musician
ensorcelled weapons

3 skull crushers = 234
ensorcelled weapons

Last edited by Charandris; 02-21-13 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-13, 01:27 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Looks quite thematic.

I would arm the horsemen with flails rather than throwing axes. It will get more kills on average (and fits the frothing charge theme better than a weapon for cowards who avoid melee).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-13, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Default Cheers Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
Looks quite thematic.

I would arm the horsemen with flails rather than throwing axes. It will get more kills on average (and fits the frothing charge theme better than a weapon for cowards who avoid melee).
Cheers Dave! Ok same thing was suggested on my small list too. Are flails the same cost as axes? Sorry, i dont yet have the book have been using a friends for refference! And yeah the theme is very much frothy mad men thirsty for blood charging head long into whatever is in the way!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-13, 02:34 PM

DivineEdge's Flag is: USA

I can't get into exact points costs on the forum, but yeah, flailscost the same as throwing axes.

Also, I am not a big fan of the chalice of chaos. The one you want to roll in daemon prince, and to get the maximum use out of that you should use it turn one. But there is a 2/3 chance you will roll a 1-turn benefit only relevant if you are in combat and you will have wasted it then. But if you use it turn 2 3 or 4 to get the chance of the minor combat benefit, then you missed 3 turns of being a daemon prince. Plus, for every 6 you roll, you will roll a 1.

A 5+ ward probably will not be too helpful on the hero either. A dawnstone would let him reroll that nice armour save. And the helm of many eyes you give him ASF and a 1+ rerollable in combat - but make him stupid. Having said that, your current build is still killy killy.

Also, for minor changes, maybe drop the banner on the knights, give the horsemen a musician and lose the shield on the hero if you go with the above build for him.

My tactics articles, if you need help making a new army, or beating one:

High Elves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=112437

Tyranids - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=118886

New Warriors of Chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...=1#post1336092

I have a new theory in life - for everything - from ethics to legal cases - it is called pre-emptive self defense.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-13, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Cheers yeah i have the points for everything on my list noted down, good to know i can straight swap out my axes for flails though! Once i get the book ill rebuild my Champ as you have described for me above and if points are askew i can tweak bits here and there. Thanks for your help again! Cant wait to get this army done and painted and playing!! :D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode