1k Warriors of Chaos - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-12, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

melsaphim's Flag is: England

Default 1k Warriors of Chaos

Having taken a rather long break from warhammer i have decided to return to fantasy with the start of a new army. The army in question being Warriors of Chaos after much thought. It was between TK and WoC but WoC won simply because of the lower price to build a force due to the high points value of the units. But before i bore you all away here is my list as it stands

Exalted Hero w/ MoK - 125pts

Sorceror w/ Lvl 2 -120pts

15 Warriors w/ Additional Weps, Command and Mok - 300pts

15 warriors w/ shields and command - 270pts

Total - 825pts

This however only comes to 825 points, and here-in lies my problem, i don't know what else to do....

Do i pump up my chars? speaking of characters what lore do i use, i like the look of Slaanesh and my force may wall be seeing some storm of magic combat and Slaanesh seems cool there.

Do i take a mark for the second unit of warriors, probably going to be hiding my sorceror?

Do i get some nice heavy hitting units?

This is why i am here posting my list based woes, for you all have more experience than me no doubt in list making and so i ask for your help

Also i don't own any of these models yet so feel free to make as many changes as you wish

Cheers
Liam

"Shadows cannot hide you, for you are hunted by angels"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-12, 04:37 PM

Szkielet's Flag is: Spain

It looks pretty sweet, still needs a litle more flesh on them bones as you've only got 2 units (though they can carve through anything ) I personnally would say make your second unit MON and your sorcerer MON too, would give god synergy with them being Shield and make them your anvil unit and your WOC with MOK your hammer unit, all I wold add is some hounds to screen your expensive warriors, till should give you some spare points for another unit marauder horse? that should give you 1k easy.

Hope that helps.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-12, 04:43 PM

I'd say that the combat character is a bit of a waste at this low a point-level, especially if you're not going to give him anything more than a mark. I'd look at buffing the Warriors units, perhaps, but also consider WM hunters. It's too bad at this points level you can't really get in all you want to get in.

Also, for the AHW warriors, I'd suggest changing them to halberds. The +1 attacks from AHW isn't very good for offsetting the use of a shield, but halberd MOK warriors can eat through stuff pretty handily. S5 will be useful in case there's anybody that does something like throw a fecking Hydra on the table at 1K.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-12, 07:39 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

I agree w/ Jackal about the combat char - he's a bit of a *meh* choice in the army. He can do OK while in w/ the MoK warriors but he's easy pickings w/ only a 4+ armor save and only T4. At 1K, you pretty much are stuck w/ a single hero lvl character. You either go combat oriented or you go magic oriented. A kitted out exalted for combat is generally as good as most other armies' lords. As is, you're only 5pts from your max allotment for heroes. If you really want to keep what you have, you'll have to use an undivided sorcerer. In which case you get either LoDeath or LoFire - both of which can be helpful in small games. Death to snipe characters or fire to soften up the enemy before your warriors smash into them. Fire is nice because you can have a poor roll on PD generation and dump all of it into one of the 3 versions of fireball. If you want to mark the other unit for a sorc bunker, maybe MoT for a little extra staying power w/ the ward save.

You for sure need some cheap drops so a box of warhounds will give you 2x5 hounds and you'll still have some points left over. Some marauder cav wouldn't hurt either if you can finagle the list to fit them in.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for all your pointers guys, i have had another look through the book with your thoughts in mind and have come up with another list;

Exalted Hero w/ MoK, Collar of Khorne and Sword of Might = 170pts

I wanted to keep my combat hero choice but took your advice on tooling him up more to make him more worthwhile. The collar of Khorne is for magic defense for him and his unit as a lot of my opponents like to throw spells around. The Sword of Might was chosen to make him more potent in combat although i did consider the dragon helm for extra protection in the form of a 1 higher armour save.

20 Warriors of Chaos w/ MoK, Halberds and Full Command = 380pts

I increased the size of the unit by 5 and gave them the Halberds instead of AHW as the MoK will give them an extra attack regardless. This unit till have the Exalted Hero join them.

15 Warriors of Chaos w/ Shields and full Command = 270pts

10 Marauder Horsemen w/ Full Command, MoS and Throwing Javelins =180pts

This is my only real new addition to the list. I gave them the MoS to stop them running away when i need them most. Hopefully this unit will be able to harry enemy forces whilst my big units chew through them.

Total = 1000pts

Thank you in advance for any more C&C on this list as i'm trying to best to make a decent playable list before i go spending money on the force.

Liam

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 09:54 AM

Lord Rahl's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think your problem lies with the fact that you are trying to take WoC in such low points game.

Consider taking a marauder with flails, army. They are alot cheaper and will get you more numbers on the field. The killing output should also match up to other army elites. Also if you do take his route I would advise a sorcerer for much needed magical support.

All mon-keigh must die
We who are about to die, Salute you!

http://www.facebook.com/prettypreciousjewellery
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-12, 02:13 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

As far as the 2nd list goes: split the horse into 2 units of 5. I generally do 5 w/ MoS, flails, musician. 2 units as such wold put you at 1002. I don't know how your group is on overages.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
I think your problem lies with the fact that you are trying to take WoC in such low points game.
The reason i am trying to make an army mainly of WoC is funds, I don't have a large amount to spend on this army and i want an army that looks good while also being comparatively cheap. I much prefer the look of the WoC's and making a 1000pt force out of them will be cheaper than if i wanted to make a force consisting of primarily cheaper units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarnalBloodfist View Post
As far as the 2nd list goes: split the horse into 2 units of 5. I generally do 5 w/ MoS, flails, musician. 2 units as such wold put you at 1002. I don't know how your group is on overages.
I might split the horse unit into 2x5, the group i will be playing in are not super strict about a few points over, and if one decides they are i'm sure i can drop something somewhere to make it right.

Thanks again
liam

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode