2.5k Tzeentch/Khorne mixed - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Takana77's Flag is: USA

Default 2.5k Tzeentch/Khorne mixed

Just toying around with ideas atm in AB and giving WoC a look over again. Last summer was thinking about really building an army list around a block of khorne ogres (wanted to convert them from some ironguts). I know fullboard khorne gets roflstomped but it looks like its fun to play though will all that killiness.

2,500 Points WoC (even)

Lords: 410 Points (16.4%)
Sorcerer Lord- MoT, Lvl 4, Infernal Puppet, Spell Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Disc of Tzeentch

Heroes: 250 Points (10.0%)
Exalted Hero - MoT, BSB, Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Sword of Might, Daemonic Steed

Core: 960 Points (38.4%)
Marauders x40 - MoK, FC, Flails
Marauders x40 - MoK, FC, Flails
Marauder Horsemen x10 - MoK, FC, LA, Flails, Throwing Spears
Marauder Horsemen x10 - MoK, FC, LA, Flails, Throwing Spears

Special: 580 Points (23.2%)
Chaos Ogres x10 - MoK, FC, GW, CA

Rare: 300 Points (12.0%)
Chaos Warshrine - MoT
Chaos Warshrine - MoT

So it's basically like an ogrestar for the sorcerer on disc and bsb on daem. steed as the block of ogres gets bookended by the shrines and the marauders to the outside. Horsemen do their thing while the shrines hopefully give buff evilness to the blocks and champs (yes I did take champs).

Feels weird without a blasted banner or ironcurse icon in there somewhere but it's supposed to be a lil' different.

It's like the absolute polar opposite of dwarves hehe. Everything just presses forward (ride 'til we find them, kill them all).

Oh well, C&C, suggestions, advice, etc are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Tak

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 02:18 PM
olderplayer's Flag is: USA

I like the idea in general. I think chaos ogres are under-rated when compared with ironguts when equipped with MoK (don't panic or fail terror caused fear checks), great weapons, and chaos armour (the extra +1 armour save is really worthwhile on a 3 wound model). However, with two warshrines, you should have favour of the gods on a character. Additionally, the lord and BSB will not get any sort of look out sir if attached to or run with the ogres but might benefit from look out sir by being near or in a unit of marauder horsemen.

While flails on the marauders was a natural choice in 7th edition, the tendency of steadfast units to stick around means that one is typically better off with great weapons for the continued hitting power and accepting the ASL penalty. A friend has been running 60 model units of marauders and found that they are much more survivable and able to kill.

While I love fast cav with shooting, I find the short range of marauder horsemen and their lack of protection means that the unit often does not pay for itsefl. I might cut to one unit of 10 and add some cheap warhounds to screen the ogres and some more infantry.

Also, the level 4 would likely benefit from third eye in stealing the enemy spells from certain lores.

Realize that your units all tend to have modest leadership, so maintaining leadership coverage from the general and the BSB is an issue. The MoK ogres can be baited out into failed charges if not screened and guided properly.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Takana77's Flag is: USA

Hmm I was thinking that since the BSB and lord on disc were large and in a block of ogres (large), they'd get the lookout sir rule, but guess not. I know Ldr8 is not the best but having that and the bsb in the block would help mitigate with being pulled away?

Oh well, shuffled things around then and took out the horseman altogether.

2,500 Points - Warriors of Chaos (2,499 Points)

Lords: 435 Points (17.40%)
Sorcerer Lord - MoT, Lvl 4, Infernal Puppet, Biting Blade, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch

Heroes: 220 Points (8.80%)
Exalted Hero - MoT, BSB, Shield, Warrior Bane, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance, Favour of the Gods, Steam of Corruption

Core: 1,054 Points (42.16%) +60 Points
Warriors x29 - MoT, FC, Halberds, Blasted Banner
Marauders x40 - MoK, FC, GW
Warhounds x5
Warhounds x5

Special: 430 Points (17.20%)
Ogres x7 - MoK, FC, GW

Rare: 300 Points (12.00%)
Warshrine - MoT
Warshrine - MoT

Now I'm wondering with this list if I should bother putting the lord with the ogres and just have him zip around solo creating and leaving mass destruction and havoc and chaos where ever he goes?

Guess can take away steam and a pack of dogs to fill the ogres up to 8 strong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, so while typing up the list above, thought about this. IDK maybe i'm crazy stupid, but looks interesting hehe.

2,500 Points - Warriors of Chaos (2,499 Points)

Lords: 435 Points (17.40%)
Sorcerer Lord - MoT, Lvl 4, Infernal Puppet, Biting Blade, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch

Heroes: 240 Points (9.60%)
Exalted Hero - MoT, BSB, Shield, Warrior Bane, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance, Favour of the Gods, Steam of Corruption, Disc of Tzeentch

Core: 784 Points (31.36%) +60 Points
Marauder Horsemen x14 - MoK, FC, Spears, Throwing Spears, Shields
Warhounds x5
Warhounds x5

Special: 680 Points (27.20%)
Ogres x12 - MoK, FC, GW

Rare: 300 Points (12.00%)
Warshrine - MoT
Warshrine - MoT

2x disc floating (1+/3++ and 1+/4++ looks alright to me hehe) and zipping around after the ogres find something to get personal with. Thinking I'd put ogres in center, flanked by the shrines, then discs, then foot marauders (discs next to the marauders for the Lookout Sir but still close enough to ogres for general and bsb rules). dogs up front and horses on one far side and do w/e they can.

I could drop the steam on the bsb for another horsemen but thinking the breathweapon will be very handy.

Oh well, C&C, thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc. are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Tak

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode