Chaos Mixed Marks 2.5k... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-11, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Takana77's Flag is: USA

Default Chaos Mixed Marks 2.5k...

Alrighty so the collective might of the forums put the kabash on khornite list so took that theme off the drawing board hehe.

Thinking about something like this with mixed list with different marks.

2,500 Points even

Lords: 340 Points (13.6%)
Sorcerer Lord - MoT, Talisman of Preservation, Infernal Puppet, Ironcurse Icon

Heroes: 200 Points (8.0%)
Exalted Hero - MoT, BSB, Talisman of Endurance, Sword of Might

Core: 1,200 Points (48.0%)
Warriors x38 - SB, Musician, Halberds
Marauders x40 - SB, Musician, Flails
Marauders x40 - SB, Musician, Flails
Warhounds x5
Warhounds x5

Special: 460 Points (18.4%)
Ogres x8 - SB, Musician, GW, Chaos Armour

Rare: 300 Points (12.0%)
Warshine - MoT
Warshine - MoT

So 3 big horde blocks and a hard-hitting anvil from the flank with the orges. Sorcerer has 4+/3++ and BSB has 3+/4++. I could swap the icon and puppet for blood of tzeentch and flaming banner, but felt the puppet was better. Kinda stuck on wanting to convert some OK ogres for this project and still debating MoK or MoN for them. Same with Marauders (MoK or MoN). The warshrines will be interesting for me to kitbash up. Actually thinking of working from scratch on those instead of converting chariots. Just worried that the warriors will cost a f*ck ton to get (would have to buy chosen because I don't think warrior box has halberds - just shields and hand weapons).

If I'm using warshrines in this list would be worth while to get some unit champs into the mix somehow for synergy benefits? Normally don't take them unless it's to protect a lone caster attached to the unit.

Oh well, tips suggestions advice C&C etc are always appreciated as usual.

Thanks,

Tak

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-11, 09:27 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takana77 View Post
I could swap the icon and puppet for blood of tzeentch and flaming banner, but felt the puppet was better.
Definitely keep the Puppet. Changing a miscast has made a huge difference in most of the games I have played.

Quote:
Just worried that the warriors will cost a f*ck ton to get (would have to buy chosen because I don't think warrior box has halberds - just shields and hand weapons).
The GW Halberd upgrade pack is probably cheaper.

Quote:
If I'm using warshrines in this list would be worth while to get some unit champs into the mix somehow for synergy benefits? Normally don't take them unless it's to protect a lone caster attached to the unit.
I used to do that; however, none of my unit champions ever managed to get into, let alone win, a challenge against a character or kill a monster. If you know you are going to be facing a list with plenty of large targets and characters it might be worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Warriors of Chaos Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode