Does Warmachine mesh with Heretics? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 07:39 AM

blackmane001's Flag is: USA

Default Check out Hordes

Also for you guys feeling out War Machine, if your feeling exceptionally brave, look into Hordes. Another PP creation, same basic rules set, except your magic is powered differently than in WM. It is a more risk taking oriented game, you have to go all out with it no holding back! Check it out!

Fenris breeds heroes like a bar breeds drunks, Loud, Proud, And looking for a fight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-09-08, 08:56 AM

Wiccus's Flag is: USA

I love hordes and warmachine but have been really into 40k and fantasy lately. I have a huge Cryx force and a beginning Khador force for Warmachine. For Hordes I have a decent sized Trollbloods force and a decent Everblight army. I really want to work on and build my Everblight up but also want to get my Daemons done. Damn I have too many projects.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-12-08, 01:25 PM

<3 Hordes

I play Legion of Everblight, the models are fantastic and the game system is really fun too. Warmachine had problems with Infantrymachine and now they're trying to correct that with varying degrees of success, but Hordes doesn't seem to have that problem so far. The thing that kinda makes me sad though is that everyone I know who plays WM/Hordes without exception hates GW (except for my close friends who still like both) with a passion bordering on the dogmatic. Is it so wrong to like both?

EDIT: For those who were wondering what all this talk of "Infantrymachine" is about, it goes something like this: If I were to make an educated guess I would say that many of the people who were attracted to Warmachine were attracted by the idea of giant steam powered robots going at it. Warjacks are unquestionably some of the coolest models that Privateer has produced and they're incredibly strong. The only problem is, 9 times out of 10, they're just weaker than infantry. In its earlier years, PP made a lot of warcasters who were better off just keeping their Focus (or mana or whatever) on themselves and using it to fuel their spells or combat power, essentially becoming one-man armies. This was supported by infantry that were cheaper and generally better because of their better evasiveness and higher damage potential (if such a thing was possible), and the fact that warjacks just couldn't kill enough of the damn things! Later expansions didn't help, with the most notorious example being Bane Knights, a unit for Cryx that took a reasonably good unit from Prime, the Bane Thrall, and made it even better. Of course PP has started to release a lot more warjack-centric options and ways to make them viable in an army and like I said, they've had varying degrees of success.

The ideal would probably be to have an army that is a nice mix of warjacks, infantry and solos, at least that's what I imagine when I think of a Warmachine army. Of course when you're playing to win, aesthetics just aren't a factor.

Last edited by NiteRabbit; 12-12-08 at 01:33 PM.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-18-08, 06:39 PM

The models for this game are truley fantastic. You also can't really argue as for &#163;30 you can get a box set and play straight away once its glues together. Which is probably the only draw back to privateer press games. These will be the bane of your life to get together.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Warmachine, Hordes & Other Privateer Press Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode