I'm back - With a Vengeance - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-14, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

Default I'm back - With a Vengeance

It's been way too long since I posted here. Mainly because I've never gotten excited about the new edition of 40K. But I've missed it. So with the release of VENGEANCE I've got an excuse to come back and share the wonders of Warmachine instead.

I'm going to try and convert as many of the new Warjacks from Vengeance as possible. Mainly because I enjoy the hell out of converting and because heaven alone knows when PP will release the actual models.

Up first I've got Cygnar's Reliant. My 1st love and still primary faction. The Reliant adds a couple of new twists to Cygnar's armory. My favorite bit is the Pulse Hammer. On a Critical Hit it makes any model touched by a 4" AoE centered on the target Stationary unless they are immune to electricity. "So if ya ain't Cygnar, youse hosed!" I took an old metal Stormclad and added some bits and bobs from the plastic Avenger and Firefly kits to create the Stormbringer Cannon (12"/AoE3*/POW13) and Pulse Hammer.

Next on the list will either be Khador's Grolar (Some weird mix of Polar and Grizzly bear. Even bears can end up with beer goggles I guess.) or Cryx's Inflictor (poison + Reach + Shield Guard) depending on which parts arrive first.

Regardless, let me know what you think. Post your own conversions of the VENGEANCE jacks and suggestions for bits that you think will make for better conversions.

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-08-14, 08:28 AM

Wow, very nice. Good use of outside bits. I'd like to see the Grolar.

Warmachine/Hordes Battle Reports

Those smote by Mulg the Ancient: Stryker2, Constance Blaize, Nemo2, Amon, Karchev, Skarre1, Venethrax, Magnus1, Madrak1, Jarl, Kruger1, Kruger2, Grayle, Morghoul1, Mordikar, Rhyas, Thagrosh1, Lylth1, Arkadius, Barnabas, Rask
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-14, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Sanguinary Dan's Flag is: USA

I'm still working on the Grolar (gun and engines), but I did get the Inflictor finished.

"As a rule of thumb, the designers do not hide "easter eggs" in the rules. If clever reading is required to unlock some sort of hidden option, then it is most likely just a result of wishful thinking." Pete Haines
For the Emperor's sake people it's a TURRET! There is no such thing as a turrent.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Warmachine, Hordes & Other Privateer Press Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode