Quality control - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Default Quality control

So I bought the 2 player starter battle box for me and my son. Pictures i've seen of the Warmachine mini's have always looked good to me. Now, when I opened the box to put some work into my new shiney's, I was REALLY surprised. Every single model has an absurd amount of mold lines and large chunks of extra material stuck to them.
Well, what I'm getting at is this: Is this the model standard for the company? The boxes that you can buy (not the starter) like this? I don't mind some putting in some work to make them all look good, but I was highly disapointed in how much extra flash/mould lines were on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 06:31 AM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

I had a similar experience with the Hordes 2 player starter set but found although there was more flashing and mold lines they were in more conveniant places and much easier to remove thqn any other system I have previously played. As for the rest of the range its not as bad as the starter although most of my purchases now are metal
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 04:06 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

I got the battle box, and cleaning the flash took a while (the hard plastic makes it a bit more annoying to clean), but I got no big chunky bits outside of a couple of nodes in places that wouldn't be seen (so I could chop them off without worrying to much about what was underneath). If it's really bad, consider dropping them a line at their replacement parts portal (http://privateerpress.com/support/customers), they're usually pretty good about solving problems.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

Its nothing bad enough that I'd want to get them to replace anything, mostly because I can clean it all up/fill holes. It's more that I'm highly disappointed in the quality. The hard plastic does make it a bit rougher, but my Dremel likes the challenge.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Warmachine, Hordes & Other Privateer Press Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode