Question time! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Default Question time!

I haven't noticed such a thread, so I thought of making one.
If you have any general question about WarmaHordes, this is the place to post it.

And here are mine:
1. Where can I find (and can I at all?) infos regarding new PP models? Such as it's stats, point cost etc.?
2. What does it mean that sth. (for example Warbeast) boxes sth. else? Does it mean to kill sth., or just taking one damage (I guess not), or what?

Help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 12:30 PM

Alsojames's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcBombadil View Post
I haven't noticed such a thread, so I thought of making one.
If you have any general question about WarmaHordes, this is the place to post it.

And here are mine:
1. Where can I find (and can I at all?) infos regarding new PP models? Such as it's stats, point cost etc.?
Point costs and stats are explicitly stated anywhere (they expect you to buy the books/cards), but Battle College is excellent for telling you the strengths and weaknesses of every unit out there, bar some unreleased ones.

Quote:
2. What does it mean that sth. (for example Warbeast) boxes sth. else? Does it mean to kill sth., or just taking one damage (I guess not), or what?
Boxed = Killed.

Necrons W3 T0 L1

Death Korps W1 T0 L1

Dark Elves W0 T0 L0
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 03:23 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

1) As mentioned, battle college will give you a good run-down of the models, but not give you explicit stats. Explicit stats can be gotten through War-room (PPs digital app), most (but not all) new models are spoiled through the PP magazine called "No Quater", or through the Privateer Press Insider blog on PPs website (the last few have had a number of spoilers about upcoming Convergence of Cyriss models, but don't give full stats), and as soon as a book/spoiler is released, the info can be found on various forums around. I can let you know a few places if you're looking for full spoiled stats of upcoming things.

2) When a model takes enough damage to kill it, it is first disabled, then boxed, then destroyed. It seems overly complicated, but the reason for it is to give a certain order to various effects that happen when a model suffers it's last wound. For instance, tough rolls happen at disabled, while soul collection happens at destroyed, and "snacking" happens on boxed, and when there can be several effects taking place, you have to know what sequence they go in. More info here: http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/...+and+Destroyed

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys very much! (Though I haven't check those sites yet - I'll do it ASAP for sure)
@maddermax - I'm listening:D But for real, as for now I'm interested in finding info on those Skorne dogs, because I don't know if they are any good.
Again -thanks a lot, for your help guys.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 10:55 AM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
I'm listening:D But for real, as for now I'm interested in finding info on those Skorne dogs, because I don't know if they are any good.
Gargantuans book will answer that for you.

On general they are a 2 pts model, dont expect too much, but they are indeed a beast instead of a 2 pts solo, so they have merits

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-13, 03:38 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Thank you guys very much! (Though I haven't check those sites yet - I'll do it ASAP for sure)
@maddermax - I'm listening:D But for real, as for now I'm interested in finding info on those Skorne dogs, because I don't know if they are any good.
Again -thanks a lot, for your help guys.
http://shogunsgamingoutpost.blogspot...-spoilers.html

about 2/3rds of the way down. Flank is +2 to attack rolls, and +d6 damage, and the animus is "self" only (means that only the Warlock or the beast can use it), and stop all Tough rolls, and removes from play anything boxed by the attack.

The animus is quite good against certain casters who like to bring things back to life (Removed from Play stops that) and tough troops, and the hounds actually hit quite hard when flanking and being enraged by beast handlers.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-13, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I finally have every thing I needed:D
Cheers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > Warmachine, Hordes & Other Privateer Press Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode