why does everyone love chaxax - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Tactics Discuss the art of war in Warhammer Fantasy. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Default why does everyone love chaxax

my question is simply why does everyone love chaxax so very much it's really annoying he is simply crap now he is really easy to deal with to just refuse the challenge frm him slap him in the face with a shed load of attacks and watch him go squish compared to gor-rok who is 120pts cheaper and means you count as defending an obstacle great-1 to hit my saurus sold and you have to re-roll to wound him that 120pts buys you a scar vet with shiny gubbins meaning another 4 s5 attack a turn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 09:05 PM

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Lets look at a scenario here, A unit of chaos warriors charges your temple guard, led by a chaos lord. Chakax will challenge, chaos lord must accept. Chakax will most likely beat that lord into the ground. Denying him the ability to maul your temple guard with him. Gor-rok will make them -1 to hit. Chaos warriors still hit them on 4's. chakax= win.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 09:15 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Declining challenges is not a good thing- you dont want to lose the higher Ld or possibly a BSB (if you decline its not your choice what gets relagated), especially when you are fighting the opponents top unit (and any unit with Khakax in is likely to be nudging up towords 1000pts).

For defence Khakax is far far better- if I send 3 cannonballs at your slaan every turn of a long game you want to have the look out sir re-roll because otherwise one unlucky roll (and a failed ward) could see your slaan blown to pieces... its not even that unlikely: something like 4-5% of shots that pass through your slaan will kill him outright.

On a personal note... I run an ogre tyrant that can take on pretty much any character in the game, but while Khakax scares me (he hasnt killed me yet, but its a worrying fight), Gor-Rok really doesnt. Khakax being in a unit means Im not sending anyone at that unit other then the most immense combat characters I can produce... I'm certainly not going in if all I have is a hero (even if he's pumped up for combat), but against Gor-Rok I know that a decent hero will take him down without too much trouble.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 11:59 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
Declining challenges is not a good thing- you dont want to lose the higher Ld or possibly a BSB (if you decline its not your choice what gets relagated), especially when you are fighting the opponents top unit (and any unit with Khakax in is likely to be nudging up towords 1000pts).
You don't actually lose the BSB bonus anymore. Or any bonus from the character, except for his LD. Refusing challenges isn't such a big deal, except for WoC and Bretonnians. The big thing about Chakax is his ability to simply stop enemy characters from even wanting to come near, as they would simply sit in the back, doing nothing. Temple guard are tough, and without a character doing a bit of damage, most units will have an extremely hard time making a dent.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 10:24 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Shocker, I haden't seen those changes. They've changing things round quite a lot for refusing challenges and not being in the front rank. Since it came as a shock to me I thought I would point out- champions get no detremental effects for refusing challenges- as the book says they are able to, but not expected to take on challenges... I guess mages in units with only a champ to protect them are now pretty safe. If you challenge them they'll decline and the mage has to move back, if you dont the champ will challenge and try to pull attacks off the mage... good to know really.

The biggest problem I see with Khakax is that while he is awesome the temple guard arent nearly as good as they used to be. No longer being able to get a 2+ save really hurts them.. so Im not too sure its worth having a big block of them, or a beefy character to protect them any more...

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
The biggest problem I see with Khakax is that while he is awesome the temple guard arent nearly as good as they used to be. No longer being able to get a 2+ save really hurts them.. so Im not too sure its worth having a big block of them, or a beefy character to protect them any more...
It's actually really bad, the Slann will take attacks off the second rank, and because they have halberds, they can't use their shields, so they only have a 4+/3+ save.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 06:01 PM
Jack96's Flag is: Ireland

Which is why you take lore of light and make them WS and I 10 with ASF and + 1 attack with banner of armour piercing hitting chaos knights on 3's re roll wound on 3's with a -3 modifier to there save and you'll have like 30 attacks
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

The thing is chaxax dies to pretty much any normal models now because of the number of attacks against him where as gor rok and his unit run right up to a unit and go slap we are harder to hit and i'm harder to kill
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 10:49 PM
Jack96's Flag is: Ireland

If you take gor rok you should take lore of life and make his unit T8 with 4+ regen
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack96 View Post
If you take gor rok you should take lore of life and make his unit T8 with 4+ regen
That's assuming you get Throne of Vines *and* those two spells. Most opponents I know will just dispel Throne of Vines, and with Slann-cheese it's pretty easy to get the others.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode