curse of the horned rat - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Tactics Discuss the art of war in Warhammer Fantasy. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-10, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Default curse of the horned rat

hey guys i was just wondering if there was anything that could give a grey seer to allow him to cast curse of the horned rat with out throwing a double to cast??? i dont need point costs or anything i just need to know as i know i can make any enemy caster miscast on any roll of a double it is a spell that is encredibly easy to cast (i have WoC and the curseling) so yeah i just really want to know if i can suceed.

go gary and zalas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-10, 08:41 AM

Is this question an armylist?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-10, 02:42 PM

Torpored's Flag is: USA

Skaven don't get anything to effect an opponents miscast. Only thing you can do is stock up on stones to give yourself one monster roll that you will probably miscast on.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-10, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

ok thanks guys, um no this isnt an army list but i thought it was like in the 40k things however, this is a spell from WoC i am talking about it means the opponent cant use the leaders leadership and the enemy always miscasts on a double so i was wondering if there was a way to cast curse of the horned rat with out miscasting. that was my question.
sorry for any confusion

go gary and zalas
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-10, 10:49 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull-killyork View Post
ok thanks guys, um no this isnt an army list but i thought it was like in the 40k things however, this is a spell from WoC i am talking about it means the opponent cant use the leaders leadership and the enemy always miscasts on a double so i was wondering if there was a way to cast curse of the horned rat with out miscasting. that was my question.
sorry for any confusion
If it makes even double 6s miscasts, then no, the only way to get off the spell is irresistible force, and that needs a double 6, or rolling over 25, which requires at least 5 dice - and you will always get a double doing this (you need multiple 5's/6's). Using 6 or more dice to cast it also will guarantee a miscast. Or you can wait for the very very rare chance that he miscasts and rolls a 5/6 on the miscast table - at which point you can auto-cast your own spell.

So, in short, don't let him get that spell off, or wait till next turn. What WOC spell is it anyway? I haven't heard of anything like that before, but then I don't play against them much.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-10, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

well the spell is called pandemonium its a spell from thelore of tzeentch
and yay that is going to be soooo much fun to do

go gary and zalas
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 01:52 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Yeah, Pandemonium is a Tzeentch RiP spell that has a Ring of Hotek effect (u know, that hated DE item) and also prevents units from using their generals LD if I remember correctly.

Also, since it is a RiP spell, u can just dispel it in ur own turn (if u have nothing better to do) and cast it later. But it is really just "ha! Your miscast roll allows me to cast a spell!! Suck on THIS" kinda spell. But then again, a canny WoC player will just use Infernal puppet if this ever happens to him so you probably shouldn't count on getting it off.

It's really only a "OMFG ROLFCOPTER did that just happen?" spell to give players funny stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

yes i know it will be fun considering im thw WoC player here!!!!!!!!!!

go gary and zalas
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-10, 11:36 PM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

It is in fact, Impossible. 1+2+3+4+5+6= 21. Nowhere near
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-10, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

yay this is going to be mega fun, is there any stones or magic stuff he can have that means he could cast it????? and the chances of this happening is so small i think its some thing like 0.0000214334705075446 but i could be wrong

go gary and zalas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode