New to Fantasy, hoping to do Dwarfs - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Tactics Discuss the art of war in Warhammer Fantasy. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-09, 03:27 PM

karlhunt's Flag is: USA

The rules for a normal BSB are listed in the main rule book, as such I don't think I'm supposed to list them here as it may constitute a copy right infringement issue.

That said, the information you seek lies on pages 82-83 of the WFB Rule Book.

Page 38 also mentions one of the benefits you gain regarding combat resulution.

C'mon, Click my Daemon. You know you want to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 12:06 PM

Just FYI... you can qoute the BRB with it's exact wording and credit the source with the information and there's not a darn thing anyone can do about it...

It's not copywrite infringement if you site your source...

I would, but I'm at work and don't have the book in front of me.

To answer the question though, it adds +1 to combat resolution.

(*Is really confused why there's a "rules questions" forum when people are afraid to answers rules questions to.. it blows my mind how scared people are of GW threatening to sue these days... takes all the fun out of the hobby*)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 12:24 PM

karlhunt's Flag is: USA

Cool

In that case (per the BRB) the BSB grants a +1 to combat resolution and allows friendly units within 12" to reroll failed break tests. When coupled with stubborn troops it makes them virtually unbreakable!

C'mon, Click my Daemon. You know you want to.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-09, 01:37 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sure, unfortunately panic and psychology tests arent break tests- this means you only get the re-roll when losing a combat. If you lost by enough the reroll is very rarely going to help anyway (though its nice to have a reroll on Ld 8-10 guys since they might get unlucky and fail).

If it was a re-roll on all Ld based tests I would take one in everygame.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-09, 02:38 AM

One of the unique uses of an Anvil of Doom is that its one of the only ways that an army of dwarfs can actually try to charge other armies. By using rune of oath and honor, allows dwarf units to move in the shooting phase, dwarfs can quickly close with the enemy and try to get their big blocks of infantry into cc on their terms.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-09, 03:14 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

dont bother with weapon runes on your anvil, and armour runes are nearly as bad (every character should have the rune of stone though). look at runes that help dispell enemy magic, because an opponent faced with an anvil will usaly go very magic heavy to beat it, or no magic at all to reduce its effectivness. nothing you can do about the second one other than have a lord ready to swap places with.

for the ultimate in flank refusal, have 20 ironbreakers, thane with oathstone and an organ gun, deploy in terrrain on the one flank, have the other flank anchored by the board edge with the rest of your amy in between. nothing will get past.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode