Skeleton warriors, what to give and how to rank up - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Tactics Discuss the art of war in Warhammer Fantasy. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-13, 12:40 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Agreed. Unit champions are not worthwhile for the extra attack (or +1BS) but they allow you extra options when you have characters in the unit. Musicians are also something you need to think about whether you need or not: on a shooty unit they're worth it for swift reform to shoot at awkward targets but other then that I only really take them on tough units that don't do much damage (ie units that are likely to draw a lot).

On a big tarpit unit like skellies the musician is almost useless: you'll normally get beaten by a lot so musicians won't come into it... and if you do happen to draw a combat losing by 1 because you have no musician is insignificant.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 10:15 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
On a big tarpit unit like skellies the musician is almost useless: you'll normally get beaten by a lot so musicians won't come into it... and if you do happen to draw a combat losing by 1 because you have no musician is insignificant.
They could be handy if you think you'll be making and swift reforms which you cannot do unless you have a muso. Though, how often do skelies do swift reforms?

Also, on champions and using them to protect other characters - remember that champions are the first models brought back when raising. So you can theoretically get the enemy char stuck in a challenge every round while your blender character hacks away at the other troopers.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 06:03 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Every 'other' round... you can't raise the champ back in the enemy turn
But yes, I had actually forgotten about that and had been speaking more generally about command. For champs in an undead army its certainly a nice little boost, but I don't think it would make them an auto-choice if I ran an undead army.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I think I would only bother if I had a character i needed to keep out of a challenge or an enemy I wanted to keep in

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Another question, what would be the best way to rank up archers as I am making my movement trays. If I have a musician, I was thinking make the ranks as wide as possible (10 max) so then I don't have guys at the back out of range and then reform when enemies get too close into ranks of 5 like with the warriors. Then again with arrows of asaph I can just move closer anyway without any problems.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-13, 04:11 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

If your skill is up to it then making two 5-wide trays, one with a very thin rim on the left and one with a very narrow rim on the right, would let you swap between 5- and 10-wide.

Depending on what tools you have you can buy plastic or sheet metal that is thin enough to not create a real gap.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-13, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I was thinking of doing that with the modular trays and just not glue the rim on, so I can swap them around

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode