High Elf Unit Review and Army-Wide Tactics - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Tactics Discuss the art of war in Warhammer Fantasy. Exceptional topics will be stickied.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-12, 11:25 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
One glaringly obvious use of PG that you could include:

X amount of PG (30+) w/
Champ w/ Amulet of Light.
Standard of Sorcery
Musician
Prince, Vambraces of defense, GW, Armour of Caledor and Other Tricker's Shard
Noble, BSB - Banner of the World Dragon, Shield and Dragon armour

The perfect body guard for Teclis.

Don't forget Caradryan.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-12, 11:39 AM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

The other tricksters shard probably isn't the greatest idea to put in that unit, sacred insense on the other hand would be useful
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-12, 02:33 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Why not?

Place the prince in between the BSB and Teclis.

That way, both benefit from being able to allocate their attacks against models rerolling Ward Saves, and neither have a Ward Save (apart from Nobles 2+ versus Flaming from Dragon Armour) that's affected by the Other Tricker's Shard.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-12, 06:24 PM

Atreyu's Flag is: USA

true, but a waste of actual points. You are spending 500+ points, a quarter or more of a 2k army, to do one magic missle @ S7. One snipe spell from the lore of death and having the lore of light for high elves is once again useless. Plus you have to huddle your magic users within 12" of each other. By turn 3 you have nothing to essentially launch that at. Every target that needs to be hit by it, can no longer be hit by it.

My Armies:
Tyranids-Hive Fleet Hydrus(0/0/0)
WoC-The Host of Alctheus(0/0/0)
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

DivineEdge's Flag is: USA

This may be out of sync with the current disscusions, but I am now going to post my opinions on our special character heroes - all two of them.

Caradryan - 9/10

For what is really a pittance of points you get the awesomeness that is the lord of the Phoenix guard. He is looked at as being survivable, but lacking any real killing power - a direct foil to Khorhil. Well I am here to tell you ( among other things) that that is not true. A few high WS and ASF strength 5 flaming attacks that do d3 wounds is actually really
good. It is made even better by the fact that the unit he should be joining - white lions, are great at taking out units that have regen and
multiple wounds.

Enough about his stats. The reason you take Caradryan is because of his amazing buffs. What I mean by that is he gives whatever unit he joins a 4+MR and he makes them virtually unchallengeable. The first one is nice, and the second one is not, unless you take teclis. He does D6 wounds, with no armour saves allowed. This stops chaos lords and
the like from riding up and challenging an expensive superpowerful mage (Teclis) to death. Put him, teclis, a large number of guard together and one more ingredient (either a bsb or Korhil) and you have an untouchable rock unit.

Korhil - 10/10

I like our white lions hero even more than our phoenix guard one. Korhil is amazing, and, by a strange turn of fate, does better with PG than WL. He gives stubborn, which is beautiful. He also has the hitting power of a truck, which is important, because he will add CR to an otherwise not as killy as other elven elites unit. He will stop your prize unit from running, and is a challenge monster to boot. A nice bonus - he is as cheap as chips. The downside to all this goodness is that you better hope his initial strikes kill everybody, because when he takes damage he takes it to the face. An amazing model with amazing rules and amazing fluff. Something that doesn't happen as often as it should.

I noticed some people throwing around some PG bunkers for Teclis earlier, so with everything it needs finally reviewed, here is mine.

Teclis 475
Caradryan 175
Korhil 140
37 PG 555
That comes to 1345 points, but when you figure it will own two phases of the game and be virtually impervious to damage then it becomes more reasonable. Adding a BSB is optional but recommended. Either run him survivable for rerolls or not so survivable and make yourself immune to magic or add d6 combat res.

This deathstar will own in CC. Sure it is just PG, but 30 of them swinging will hurt. Do not forget to add in the kills of your 2 heroes. Teclis will nuke units/armies with big spells, and ward saves all around will help if you actually roll on the dreaded miscast table. You have a 2+ ward against magic. You have ld 9 stubborn, and rerollable if you have a BSB handy. Korhil will own in any challenges you think you can win, and if you think you can't, then answer with the silent vassal of Asuryan and watch him make back over double his points, whether he wins or loses, and watch Teclis survive to cast another day.

I think that is it for our armybook. I will continue posting my ideas and thoughts, but I think this ends my review. Please keep posting though!

My tactics articles, if you need help making a new army, or beating one:

High Elves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=112437

Tyranids - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=118886

New Warriors of Chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...=1#post1336092

I have a new theory in life - for everything - from ethics to legal cases - it is called pre-emptive self defense.

Last edited by DivineEdge; 07-08-12 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Sorry it is choppy formatwise, but I didn't do this on my computer.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-08-12, 08:54 PM
Septok's Flag is: England

I want to give you so much rep right now. But I can't. Because you've already got some from me too recently. Bawl.

I genuinely laughed when you stated that we can make an invincible archmage. Because it's true. And other armies can eat it.

Maybe do something about how our units work in Storm of Magic? I rarely ever see it played or play it, but still (Vortex shard anyone?)...
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-12, 05:50 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

This was amazing. I've been looking to restart my WHFB army, and I have high elves... I haven't touched them since 8th edition made my Dragon Mages cry. I may try again after this.....

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-25-13, 06:37 PM

Just a note of how amazing reavers are
I flank charged a lance of grail knights to keep them from my spearmen, and over two rounds of fighting my 5 reavers killed 5 out of 7 grail knights :D saved my flank and won the battle
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-25-13, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

DivineEdge's Flag is: USA

Pretty lucky. Has that happened since?

My tactics articles, if you need help making a new army, or beating one:

High Elves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=112437

Tyranids - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=118886

New Warriors of Chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...=1#post1336092

I have a new theory in life - for everything - from ethics to legal cases - it is called pre-emptive self defense.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-25-13, 09:45 PM

Default Read atlast!

Finally read your articles atlast! Theyre ver helpfull indeed, given me a few tips for starting to play swifthammer! Feel a little less stupid for splashing out on a unit of hoenix guard today. Have so far assembled one completely and 4 without arms, and hate the whole nasty buisness. Has taken me a good two hours and im not shy of modelling. But yeah sonds like they play well and they were what my army was lacking! thanks for the help anyway

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Tactics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode