Magic Item Questions - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Default Magic Item Questions

Since coming back to Warhammer, I am a bit rusty on rules and such, so if the following question could be answered, I would be very grateful

My question is, can any Lord/Hero take Magic Items (as long as they don't own one of the same type). For example:

Kroq-Garr has a Magical Spear and some other items, and he wears Light Armour. In the Army Book, it does not say specificly if he can wear any other items, but is it possible? For example, can he go and wear a Tricksters Helm as well? Or perhaps a Magical Armour of some sort. Since he already has a Magical Weapon, he won't be able to use another one.

I ask this, because in the Army Book, it mentions, lets say on a Saurus Oldblood that they "Can wear items up to 100pts", meaning he can wear any magical items as long as they don't exceed stated rules or 100 points.

So the question is, can any Lord/Hero take any Magic Items they want? As it states an exact number for some Heroes/Lords (Like Slann or Oldblood) I was wondering if it is only those with "Take items up to 100pts" note that can take the Magical items, or is this note only mentioning a limit of "100pts" (in this case) for these Heroes/Lords.

Just wondered, cause I'd love to be able to theorycraft some more, but I can't without solving this problem. I'm sorry if this is worded badly or is confusing or noobish, but if I don't ask, I can't learn! So, any help would be nice

Last edited by Troublehalf; 08-15-10 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 04:02 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublehalf View Post
Kroq-Garr has a Magical Spear and some other items, and he wears Light Armour. In the Army Book, it does not say specificly if he can wear any other items, but is it possible? For example, can he go and wear a Tricksters Helm as well? Or perhaps a Magical Armour of some sort. Since he already has a Magical Weapon, he won't be able to use another one.
Since it's not in his options to take items from the Magic Items, then no, he's not allowed. He doesn't have a magic item allowance.

Quote:
I ask this, because in the Army Book, it mentions, lets say on a Saurus Oldblood that they "Can wear items up to 100pts", meaning he can wear any magical items as long as they don't exceed stated rules or 100 points.

So the question is, can any Lord/Hero take any Magic Items they want? As it states an exact number for some Heroes/Lords (Like Slann or Oldblood) I was wondering if it is only those with "Take items up to 100pts" note that can take the Magical items, or is this note only mentioning a limit of "100pts" (in this case) for these Heroes/Lords.
Items with a total value.

Quote:
Just wondered, cause I'd love to be able to theorycraft some more, but I can't without solving this problem. I'm sorry if this is worded badly or is confusing or noobish, but if I don't ask, I can't learn! So, any help would be nice
Don't worry. Usually, common sense and eyes help a lot when asking questions. When people can't be arsed to use them, they ask others who did ;).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 09:10 AM

Asmodeun's Flag is: Australia

On the second one, the magical items up to 100pts is still limited by the 'only one magic iten of a type' rule in the brb.

Blueberry coffee tastes as good as it sounds.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-10, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for that, it is what I thought, but since it has been a fair few years, I wondered if anything has changed in the Ed's I had missed. I'd rather people thought me as a noob (which i am since the new Ed anyways!) and I get a question answered. I didn't pay much attention to rules when I was younger, so needed to double check things.

Thanks again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode