Heroic killing blow? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Default Heroic killing blow?

As I have yet to get my hands on an army book, I was wondering if any of you could enlighten me...Is heroic killing blow something ALL models have? Because Im just curious, since my DE executioners have killing blow as standard,and most likely have some of their points cost attributed to it...it would sort of suck if everyone gets it now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 04:31 PM

Page 72 in the rule book gives killing blow as effective against Infantry, cavalry and war beasts. all others are too large to be affected. Of note is the fact that if you auto wound (i.e poison attack to hit on 6), the killing blow does not happen.

Heroic killing blow affects everything (except swarms).

According to this page, the model has to have the rule for it to get the special attack. So, no, everyone does not have killing blow.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 04:36 PM
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

After a quick scan through the new FAQ's I can only find two magic items that give heroic killing blow, a Dwarf one, and a Brettonian one and no other models that I know of. So no, it just seems to be a rare ability for now.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 05:22 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putch. View Post
As I have yet to get my hands on an army book, I was wondering if any of you could enlighten me...Is heroic killing blow something ALL models have? Because Im just curious, since my DE executioners have killing blow as standard,and most likely have some of their points cost attributed to it...it would sort of suck if everyone gets it now
LMAO... that would be hillarious if heroic killing blow was on everything. Bye bye steam tank, my gnoblar just rolled a 6 to wound you
No, HKB is incredibly rare- your exercutioners dont have it and you'll almost never see it (most common place is on skulltaker in challenges, although I dont know if the FAQ changed his rules so that he has HKB or just his version of it which is essentially the same). Killing blow on the rare units that have it is an awesome ability, and once you've used it in a few games you'll understand why HKB is so rare: KB means you can instantly kill enemy characters, ignrore the armour saves on heavy cavalry and generally laugh at most armoured enemies. HKB means that you can instantly kill anything in the game regardless of how big it is and how tough its meant to be (ooh a 1000pt dragon... dead... what's next?).

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

....ouchy.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-10, 06:07 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Suddenly i feel proud to be brettonian..

I think we will see the rule becoming more common in the newer army books, so those of you that got your army books recently... stares pointedly at dark elves vampire counts and high elves, you may well have to wait.

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-10, 12:27 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah, I would expect to see magic weapons for monstrous infantry characters start to gain the HKB rather then just KB. So it really wouldnt surprise me if ogres, WoC and beasts got 100pt HKB monstrous-infantry only magic weapons whenthey get new army books (nice loooonnngggg wait for those doombulls to get them though, if they ever do). Other then that I doubt we'll see much of this rule other then on special characters... although I still have draams of an ogre sized cannon for the new OK army book, and if thats firing a man-sized cannonball surely that would have to have HKB

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-15, 07:10 PM

Default Chaos Negates your weapons

hahahahahaha my chaos lord has chaos rune shield all of your magic weapons are now mundane... and heroic killing blow works on everything even swarms for some weird reason.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode