A question about generals - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-14, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Default A question about generals

I'm still new to the game and I have a question about generals

my Skaven army book says that if my army is less then a 2000 point army I can't have a hero, but the warhammer rulebook says I can pick any hero or lord to be my general. if I have a 1000 or 1500 point army am I allowed to have a Grey Seer or Queek Headtaker(lord models I own) as my general without breaking the army makeup rules? there isn't really a clear answer I've found in either book.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-14, 09:50 PM

KarnalBloodfist's Flag is: USA

Are you using the most recent book?

AFAIK you can most certainly use a hero lvl character as your general in a game provided he has the highest Ld among all characters. But I haven't seen the inside of a Skaven book for quite some time so there might be some odd rule in there. Remember, the army book always takes precedence.

In a 1000 or 1500 game, you are only limited by the max points for whatever slot your picking the character from. There is 25% max lords and 25% max heroes for any given game unless your are playing some special scenario. So, in 1000pts you can have a lord (or lords) worth up to 250pts and in 1500pts you can have a lord (or lords) worth up to 375pts. The same goes for the hero slot. If you are using the actual rules for Queek you'd have to see what his points value is. If it is over 250pts, then you cannot use him in a 1000pt game. If he is over 375pts you cannot use him in a 1500pt game either.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-14, 09:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

IIRC, the 7th edition Skaven book still had a force organisation chart rather than percentages. These were superceded in 8th edition by the percentage chart within the 8th edition rulebook.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-14, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

From what i'm reading in the skaven book, it says the general has to be a character so a hero or a lord, but it says that you can have a maximum of 3 characters if your army point value is less then 200, and a max of 0 lord and 3 heroes, 2000+ 4 total with 1 lord and 4 heroes and so forth and so on going up. It doens' say whether or not i can pick a lord as general or not, so I'm assuming that means I cannot. which means that my grey seer and queek headtaker are essentially useless until I get to at least 2000, I just went out and picked up a doomwheel so once I have everything built and ready i'll hae 1961 points roughly, so that works for 2000 point armies, but without that I can only field like 1200 or so with what I have built, which is crappy considering all I have.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

ok so, good news, after diving further to find the right answer, I am allowed to use a lord as a general as long as hes not more then 25% of my points.

While the skaven book does say that you can't technically, the erata says to ignore the army list page of the skaven book and use the rules in the rulebook, and erata trump army book so I am good to go now. I appreciate everyones helps in this
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 03:25 PM
Vaz

Correct, ypu can use a Lord as a general, but not because it costs less than 25%. The Force Organization chart requires you to choose 1 character and it is either 2 or 3 units. I cannot remember if the character is included. Of those units, a minimum of 25% of your points must be spent on units from the core section - other units and characters have individual points limits - you have no limitations on the number taken, except on specials and rares which have a set limit on the number of times you may take multiples of a unit.

You may take a number of heroes (up to a maximum of 25% of your points limit) and a number of Lords (again, up to 25% of your points limit). Out of this list of characters, that with the highest leadership becomes general - the Battle Standard Bearer is discounted from this list. If you have multiple characters with the highest leadership value, you may choose.

This is spelled out in the BRB IIRC, and yes the Errata is there to clarify the differences between 7th edition army books and 8th edition rules, among other things, so takes precedence.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

well the issue was I have most recent skaven book, and i bought island of blood, the skaven book says that you cant have a lord if you army point value is less then 2000(ie 1500 or 1000 point battles) thats where the confusion was for me, but the errata fixed that
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 04:03 PM
Vaz

Yeah, it is always best to look at the errata first.

Quote:
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

I did look at the errata but it was hard to pinpoint something like that with the way its organized
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-14, 04:56 PM
Vaz

Without coming acrossa s too much of a dick, that's why you read it XD.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode