Wings in the Way - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
jeep3rs's Flag is: Canada

Default Wings in the Way

I have a feeling I know how it works, but to be sure, is it okay to remove models from their flying bases to allow them to get into contact with the enemy, so long as everything works out with the bases?

The example I am thinking of is if my Griffon Mounted High Elf Prince, Frostfire Phoenix, and Flamespyre Phoenix were to all charge the same unit. The wings of the models would interfere with this, but the models can easily be pulled off to leave just the bases on the table.

So is this allowed?

And more importantly, would people likely find this sort of thing cheesy and/or unfair?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 11:09 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

BRB, p20 "Unexpected Problems" indicates that if - despite having enough movement distance to complete a charge - a unit will not fit due to the presence of other units, it is best to treat it as a failed charge. So, on a strict interpretation, you move the chargers one at a time in any order with any that cannot fit due to previous units failing.

However, all BRB rules are subject to the overarching rule that you should have fun rather than just obey the rules, the the sidebar say best thing to do not what you must do, so I suggest discussing it with your opponent before the game to reach an agreement.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 11:38 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

My take is that the Unexpected Problems only apply to the base of the charger being obstructed by the base of another unit, or tree or whatever.

All of the charge rules talk about base to base contact and there isn't any clear indication that I can see of what to do about parts of the model obstructing things.

Given the nature of flyers to be at differing altitudes and that it is generally only those on flying bases that actually overhang the base I'd say that taking them off the base to fit in is the way to go.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 12:54 PM
OgreChubbs's Flag is: Canada

Turn them sideways so wings are aimed in

Heresy is dead unless you pay to get a response
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 06:02 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

My gaming group has always turned the wings/model so that the bases line up properly. The base is the model's "footprint" the actual figure is decoration. Technically, you could play Warhammer with just bases of the right size.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode