HE eagles + lord on eagle - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
EvilCanadian's Flag is: Canada

Default HE eagles + lord on eagle

So with the new book that came out the High Elves are allowed to take their rare choice of Eagles in a 1+ formation and are skirmishers when they do if I am not mistaken.

My question is if I put a lord/hero mounted on an eagle can he join the unit of eagles? Also can I make a unit (2-3)of characters of stictly lords/heroes mounted on eagles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 06:11 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

no and no... and for the same reason.

Characters with flying or on flying mounts can join units but nothing can join a unit of flyers without a special rule allowing them to do so (I think Tic Tac Toe is the only model with such a rule)... which is a bit silly when you have a character on the same mount as the unit you want to join. 2 characters both on eagles could both join the same non-flying unit and would stay together if the unit died but they can't join each other as that would be joining a flying unit.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 03:43 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I don't have my book on me, but I thought that if both units were flyers you could? Is there a page ref to back this up, so I can use it??

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 05:11 PM
WFB Moderator

P97- "unless otherwise stated, a character cannot join a unit of monsters (too much danger of being stood on), a unit of flyers (too many ill-disciplined wings buffeting the sky), a unit of chariots (too much danger of being run over), a unit of swarms (too much chance of being eaten) or a war machine (too much danger of being obliterated).

It then goes onto say that characters on monsters or chariots can never join units but doesn't say anything about flying characters or flying mounts, so they are allowed to join units but without a special rule to override the quoted rule above cannot join flying units.

This actually really annoys me because I have a themed skink army with many terradons and a character on terradon... who cannot join them (only Tic Tac Toe can and he's over 300pts and not worth more then 150). I would also run a WE noble on eagle if I could shove him in a unit of warhawks (which sounds like the perfect unit for how WE like to fight) but is sadly impossible.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
EvilCanadian's Flag is: Canada

So in the same regard if I put a character on a Tiranoc Chariot he may not join a unit of other chariots. In this case the rules state that the character replaces one of the crew but according to your reference it may not join other Tiranoc Chariots that are unit size of 1-3.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 05:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Unless it explicitly states otherwise.

A Character on a Chariot replaces a member of the crew. That Chariot is his mount. He is a Unit Size of 1 model. It states that Chariots may not join units. There is no exception to this rule.

So sadly, yes. If you want to play Chariots, Tomb Kings are the way to go. Which quite frankly blows ass, as that's the only trick they can pull; and there are too many counters to it; namely that they can't kill enough to take advantage of it more than once, or is easily redirected away from your armies most dangerous parts.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-13, 06:47 PM
WFB Moderator

Yup, characters on chariots is almost universally a bad idea. I used to do it when chariots were US4 and characters increased that to US5 (which meant they could disrupt ranks) so taking a US5 chariot to the flank was an almost certain loss but its not really worth thinking about anymore, and certainly not with any character you care about (general, BSB, highest lv mage etc).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode