Eltharion The Grim Armour Save - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Eltharion The Grim Armour Save

Rule query - I think this is a case of poorly written rules and RAW vs RAI

Eltharion the Grim has standard heavy armour (5+) and the Helm of Yvresse (Magic Armour) +1 save and a ward

Based on RAW he can't use the heavy armour as you can't benefit from both magical and mundane armour so his save is only a 6+ rather than a 4+ which seems stupid

All of this could be fixed if the helm was an enchanted item rather than armour

Am I reading this right or am I missing an FAQ for the main rule book? Is this just a really silly mistake on GW part?

Last edited by Barnster; 05-09-13 at 08:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 08:52 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

A Helm should say it can combine with magic armour (look at the various Helms within the BRB). If it doesn't, that's an oversight. Mounted on his Griffon, he has a 3+ Armour and a Ward. Or should do.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:02 PM

I have always asumed things witch say add 1 to armour save can combine with other armour even if it is magic armour,seemes sensible to me.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 09:07 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

If you couldn't combine magic and mundane armor, all the helms in the book are useless. What makes you think you can't combine magic and mundane armor??
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

I think its a left over from previous ed confusion - re reading the rules several times

Previous Eds said cannot combine normal and magical armour (unless specifically stated). This ed says you can't combine normal and magical suits of armour. So I'm guessing a helm is not a suit

Doh Brain freeze moment

Ah well I guess time to go back to loving Eltharion, shame he's just too pricey for a small list, I think he's currently my favourite HE special character
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 11:44 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

What do you mean by "Special Character"? His fluff? If so, you can take a Noble on a Griffon as a Hero. (Incidentally, the Island of Blood box is a legal 1K pt list now; Archmage, Noble on Griffon, Seaguard and Reavers, and Swordmasters.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Special Character as in Named hero

He is one of the most versatile Lords in the game, he is also very well priced for his abilities. Sure Teclis will be a better mage and Tyrion a better fighter but he's great value for a small game and a great compromise between might and magic. The second most versatile is likely the Lore master, but hes limited by always needing to be on foot

IMO rather than sword masters the only "elite" infantry HE need is Phoenix guard. With Martial Prowess a minimum 20 strong block of PG (Ideally with mage) will dish out a lot of pain, all the time with a (hopefully) 3++ being nigh on immune from most threats

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode