OnG magic items - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Rules Discussion Post any Warhammer Fantasy rules queries here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Mr. Black Orc's Flag is: Sweden

Icon OnG magic items

This is a question that has bothered me for ages. It's mainly because my HE and skaven rivals use their magic items from 7th ed while OnG only have like seven now in the new edition.

Can OnG heroes use the magic items from the 7th ed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 11:20 AM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Do you mean using items from the Rule Book?

O&G characters can use magic items from the 8th BRB.

If your opponents are using items from the 7th Edition BRB then fairness states either they stop or you are permitted to use them also.

If you mean that there are more items in the HE and Skaven Books because they were released before 8th Edition then there are: however, each player must use the current Army Book so you cannot - without their agreement - use the previous O&G Book instead. Their Books will probably have fewer items when they are updated.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

It was about the case with the army books items. Either way ty for updating me, it doesn't really matter as I think most of the items in the old OnG book exist as new common magic items. Can't wait 'til I see their faces when those new books comes out!
"-What happened to our magic items?"

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-13, 04:11 PM

If you're opponents are using 7th edition armies, then imo, for friendly games, it's perfectly reasonable to use the 7th edition OnG items. Simply because otherwise your opponents are getting a huge advantage from their magic items.

And with High Elves and Skaven, your opponents already have a huge advantage since those are two of the cheesiest 7th edition books already with the absurdly powerful Skaven magic and High Elves having access to the horribly over-powered Life Magic lore.

Don't even get me started on the Speed of Asuryan re-roll to hits and the crazily under-costed Hell Pit Abomination.

You're playing two of the best 7th edition armies with the worst 8th edition army, your opponents should be glad you're even willing to play them.

Last edited by Korgoth_of_Barbaria; 02-21-13 at 04:13 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-13, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Haven't actually seen your post until today Korgoth, sry about that. Anyway, you're pretty accurate about them being overpowered. I'm only having a hard time beating the Skaven though. Advice would be appreciated for me (especially me) and other OnG players around the globe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Rules Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode