Which Warhammer Army Has the Most Interesting Fluff? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 01:04 AM

It's all pretty good to be fair. Very well put together and readable.

Nothing to dodgy like in 40k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-26-11, 01:29 AM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Probably because WFB doesn't have Matt Ward trying to push the boundries of what is believable and what is on the level of crazy Mary Sueish fanmade fluff.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-30-11, 05:07 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

To be honest i think Vampire Counts have the best fluff so far =/ they affect every other race in one way or another!

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-30-11, 05:28 AM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

The VC affect every race? I don't think so. It's really only the Empire, Bretonnia, the Tomb Kings and the less talked about human nations that generally affect by their actions.

If there's one race who's actions have affect all the other races, it would be the Lizardmen. It's just that their actions largely unnoticed by the others. They helped the High Elves cast the massive spell that ended the First Chaos Incursion, they caused the huge earthquake that brought about the decline of the Dwarfs, while Magnus the Pious defended the Empire during the Great War of Chaos, the Slann bolstered the weakening Great Warding which lessened the influence of Chaos and helping the Empire win the war.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 03:38 AM

I'd have to say Tomb Kings. They're shown to be pragmatic, not relentlessly killing the livign but allowing them to live side by side with them in some cases as long as they swear fealty, but still royally screwing over anyone who so much as looks at them.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-11, 05:45 AM

Angelis Mortis's Flag is: United Kingdom

All of them have pretty good fluff and each races events overlap.
Fantasy is better fluff all round IMHO which is why I changed from 40k to WFB

He who sheds blood with me today shall be my brother eternal
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 08:30 AM

Glory to the Dark Gods!!!

Chaos for me, in particularly the warriors of Chaos though the interaction between them, the beastmen and daemons is pretty interesting IMHO. I love how despite the power they have attained, they must still always fight for the favour of their Gods, challenging all, even other Chaos to prove their might. They also have a strange code of honour, not all good and noble like the empire or HE but fighting fair to prove their strength without deception or betrayal (except devotees of Tzeentch).

Also, their influence affects all other races, from corrupting the empire to Chaos energy creating the Skaven to being the entire reason for the creation of the lizardmen. They are strong enough to take on any and every other army and win due to the allure of Chaos leading to betrayal etc and the power given to them by the Gods of Chaos.

The different personalities of Chaos characters following different Gods are interesting as well. Khorne trying to prove their strength and glorify their God on the battlefield. Tzeentch trying to attain all knowledge and increase their power. Nurgle trying to show the whole world the futility of resisting Nurgle's foul embrace, revelling in all diseases and pestilence. Slaanesh trying to receive ever greater depraved pleasures, always wanting more and more as they receive their grandest dreams. And regular undivided guys like Wulfrik, cursed to challenge the greatest warriors the world has to offer to prove that he is the ultimate fighter. All trying to attain the ultimate goal of immortality and daemonhood.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 08:54 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

For me it has to be the empire - the eternal struggle just to survive! Being attacked from all directions by inhuman monsters, being attacked within by chaos cultist's and beastmen. Political tension with Neighbouring human lands (Bretonnia).

Plus all the rich diversity within the empire! You have all the seperate states which have their own "style" as it were. You have the religious cults of Sigmar, Ulric, Shallaya, Myrmidia etc and within these they have their own knightly orders.

You got the engineers college and the college of magic - the empire is influenced by the other races too. Dwarves and Elves are a common site in the major cities of the empire doing trade or whatever the pointy ears do!

The empire truly is a blessed land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 11:57 AM

Chaos and Dark Elves. There's just something appealing to me about the forces of evil.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 01:08 PM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

For me it has to be The Empire, I recently moved to them from collecting Skaven and well they're affected by almost all of the other races.

They are besidged on all sides by almost everybody, orcs and goblins from the mountainous regions, multitudes of skaven lairs under their main cities, vampire counts and necromancers have castles (Blood Keep) and lands within their boundaries.

Beastmen occupy the wild places within the empire especially in the vastly wooded tracts of land that cover most of the empire.

Dwarfs were once the proud allies of the empire and many nobles still wear full plate armour (made by the dwarfs) and the elector counts weild runefangs (12 gifts for the original 12 tribal leaders of the empire)

High Elves (Teclis) founded the college of magic that all battle wizards are given training.

The Empire is boarderd by the border princes (home to bandits, ghoul kings etc) which leads way to Nagash's lands, more skaven strongholds, orc and goblin lands, tomb kings, ogre kingdoms, skink lizardmen colonies etc.

Also shares a border with Bretonnia

Then there is the crusades, pilgrimages etc a lot of history for a short lived race

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode