Which Warhammer Army Has the Most Interesting Fluff? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 02:17 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Despite the time frame of it's existence I'd say The Empire, due to how short their lives are, they do so much and so much has occurred compared to older races which have maybe one of two major events which pretty much dominate their fluff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 03:24 PM

Gromrir Silverblade's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundungu View Post
Gromrir, the Lizardmen actually affect a lot of races, and their meditation sees far more than other races see of them. They have moved dwarven mountains, repelled attacks from Skeaven and Deamons, and fought off human and dark elf raiders.

More than that, I love the idea of a race that was selected by the Old Ones to keep the world right, but is never 100% sure how to do it, and is always seeking out plaques for more bits of knowledge. Plus, the Lizardmen are good-guys who will fight other good guys if it is the Will of the Old Ones.
Sorry bro, didn't mean to antagonise, just my opinion. I think for me "Have" is the word for Lizardmen, they "have" done loads of awesome things, but not much recently. They are basically a race of mindless automotons who have stagnated and like the Dinosaurs haven't realised they are extinct. Although on the side of Order, I would never quote Lizardmen as the "good guys", more like the "only guys" as far as they are concerned.

It is said that the guttural sound of Dwarfs bellowing Grungni’s name is enough to make an Elf’s knees knock and a Goblin turn a sickly shade of yellow!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 03:39 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Actually in the newer fluff of the Vampires, Tomb Kings and Nagash it doesn't quite go that way.

Though I have to say if there is one thing I truly dislike about the Nehekharan fluff it is the fate of Alcadizzar. The greatest Priest King since Settra himself and one of the only people to have slain Nagash (and depending on the fluff source, he's the one that cost Nagash his hand) and ends up dying the most pathetic death ever, half-mad and brokenhearted over the fate of his beloved kingdom he died in a creek in the middle of nowhere. And of course no returning through undeath for him unlike all the other kings.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den

Last edited by Akatsuki13; 05-24-11 at 03:41 PM.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 03:43 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Where is that from? 7th Edition, or a sneak peak at Nagash 3? Nagash 2 came out after the army book, and most recent is, well, most recent.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 05-24-11 at 03:45 PM.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Aeterna's Flag is: USA

Thanks for giving me some background on the Vampire Counts. So far, through all that I've learned from your replies and researching myself, the Vampire Counts, the Dwarves, and the Ogres.

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 04:07 PM

Vaz: Which part? The Vampires joining then later abandoning Nagash? Nagash's Curses on them?

Most of my comments are from what I've read in the current Vampire Counts book, the new and old Tomb kings book (the newer one came out long after the second Nagash book) as well as a bit from the Liber Necris and the Nagash books.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 04:54 PM

Gromrir Silverblade's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 View Post
Actually in the newer fluff of the Vampires, Tomb Kings and Nagash it doesn't quite go that way.

Not quite dude, after reading the last Empire book it's a bit different.

It is said that the guttural sound of Dwarfs bellowing Grungni’s name is enough to make an Elf’s knees knock and a Goblin turn a sickly shade of yellow!
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 06:06 PM

Haven't read the Sigmar Trilogy yet. But yeah that was my bad on the Sigmar/Nagash War. It was just W'soran and his followers, the future Necrarchs that remained at Nagash's side.

Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 08:22 PM

Hammer49's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would say dwarfs/empire or skaven.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 08:39 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

It's a tie between Vampire Counts and Skaven IMO.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode