Chaotic Allies - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Angelus Censura's Flag is: USA

Default Chaotic Allies

In the old 40k Chaos codex, it mentioned that some armies loyal to say, Nurgle, would never ally themselves with Slaanesh, and Khorne wouldn't with Tzeentch, etc. Can the same be said in WFB? I am trying to plan out a WoC army, but if I do Khorne and Nurgle, and want to stick with the fluff, would this mean it would be dumb to take wizards as in 40k Khorne's followers hate psykers? Or maybe I'd just have Nurgle Wizards, and Khorne can handle the CC.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 01:44 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Wow... Have not read any of the recent rulebooks? Cause they've long since done away with that rule. Any and all Chaos armies can have as many units as they want regardless of which God they worship. You can have an entire army of warriors from each God without any problems.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 02:52 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Theres no rules stoping it now its all just personal preference on how you make your lists

some may consider it unfluffy (personally i do) but its your force so you can mix and match all you want

also you mixed up your rivalry Khorne hates slaanesh, and tzeentch hates nurgle

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 03:11 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki13 View Post
Wow... Have not read any of the recent rulebooks? Cause they've long since done away with that rule.
Whilst expressed somewhat rudely, this is essentially correct.

The Northern Tribes worship all of the Chaos Powers within a pantheon and receive blessings based on which of the Gods has noticed them at the moment, so they can carry gifts/items form more than one God; the only restriction is a single mark per unit.

Of course, this does not stop you choosing a fluff based restriction of your own if you wish.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Alright cool thanks guys - I just got into fantasy and I'm still waiting for Amazon.com to send me my damn army book haha. I knew that it was no longer a part of the rules, but I wasn't sure how it played into the fluff.

(I thought I may have mixed them up haha, gave my old 40k Chaos codex away to a friend)

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 08:32 PM

Anarkitty's Flag is: USA

It used to be that followers of opposed Gods in the same army had Animosity rules, similar to Orks and coule potentially attack each other instead of the enemy.
Now the pendulum has swung the other way, and it is very hard to make a single-god army that plays at all effectively.
Personally, I have decided to go with Slaanesh with a Tzeench auxillary, which fits with the fluff reasonably well. Khorne with Nurgle is fluffy as well, as they may not always get along, but they're not really opposed either.

Check out my Codex: Scions of Slaanesh (Grey Knights complete rewrite)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?p=959181

And my Necromunda Escher gang project log (with lots of pictures)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/....php?p=1007914

In our embrace of the pleasures of the flesh we feel the embrace of the Dark Prince
She asks nothing of us but to enjoy life, and in doing so we bring glory to Him
Give up your petty faiths and morals and join us in the bosom of the Goddess of Pleasure
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-11, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Awesome, thanks man - I definitely want to go with Nurgle and Khorne, I think they will make an effective army, and have cool modelling options. I always hate to goes against fluff, even if it forces me to make a complete shite army that just looks cool haha. In 40k, fluff would always determine the army I'd play, so now that I'm starting fantasy, I want to follow the fluff as much as possible. Though I may have to throw in a Tzeentch sorcerer, just because I here they are beastly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode