how far north are Empire outposts? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-11, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

vulcan539's Flag is: New Zealand

Default how far north are Empire outposts?

Well how far north are they?, and what type of troops would be garrisoned there?

"The Emperor destroyed my world in a sea of flame, and yet he expects me to serve his puppets? I will not serve in his name, I will survive so he can not have the satisfaction of my death!"
Donn Warwaster Regulator to the Inqustion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-11, 07:29 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

to the second part i'm not to sure... but to the first, i believe i've read that outposts within the Chaos Wastes have been constructed before, but have been overrun throughout the ages.

Someone with more Fantasy fluff knowledge could be a better answer though.

CP

The Founding Fields

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 02-17-11 at 07:33 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-11, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

vulcan539's Flag is: New Zealand

Thank-you CP

"The Emperor destroyed my world in a sea of flame, and yet he expects me to serve his puppets? I will not serve in his name, I will survive so he can not have the satisfaction of my death!"
Donn Warwaster Regulator to the Inqustion.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-11, 11:37 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Furthest Official northern outpost is the Kislev Ambassadorial Residence/Embassy, which is guarded by a detachment of state troops - armed with Halberds, although it's likely that spears, swords, shields, and ranged weaponry (although less so, as they'd require skilled users with practise to use efficiently, and the cold wet air would do little for its effectiveness) was available for defence.

In addition, during the time of the former Ambassador by Imperial Decree to the Ice Queen Katarina of Kislev, Kaspar van Velten, who was killed defending Urzebya from marauding Chaos Hordes in the spring driving precluding the Storm of Chaos in IC2522, he was supported by 16 Knights Panther, including a member of its Inner Circle, Kurt Bremen.

During that time, he was supported by Sasha Kajetan, a Droyashka of the Gryphon Legion (although he was killed halting a plot by Chaos Cultists to destroy the alliance prior to the battle, and mostly unwillingly, as Kaspar wanted him killed for the crimes committed in his psychosis), and Pavel (something), a commander of a troop (Rota) of Winged Lancers (who was killed alongside Kaspar fighting the Chaos Lord, although Bremen of the Knights Panther killed the Warlord).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-11, 12:59 AM

In Sword of Justice Schwarzhelm mentions having fought in Norsca, which suggest either Imperial raids into Norsca or some type of fortresses there to either draw norse attention away from the Empire itself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode