Sigmar - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 02:07 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

True, but I was just explaining why Vampire's are affected by Sigmar's icons. Oh, and in plenty of fluff sources, vampire have been shown to have a weakness against the blessed items of other Gods, and in some cases the Chaos Gods. Though none of them seem to be as strong as Sigmar. Of course, that could actually be more to do with the fact that Sigmar is the major God of the Empire and featured far more than the others. Certainly, I've met plenty of people that thought that Sigmar was the only God of the Empire.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 05:26 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Strange that they're weak against Chaos, as Nagash created the Vampire's to be the Soulless weapons and commanders of his armies with which he'd destroy Chaos (so he's actually a hero - and that's why I love this bad boy).

I haven't yet read about how Taal or Ulric are threatening to Vampires - although an obviously powerful Vampire, Vlad killed the Grand Master of the White Wolves, yet his armour would likely have been completely dedicated to his god etc, then again, there aren't that many books dictating the followers of Ulric (I'm still trying to find that book about the Teutonic Guard; and Vorn Thugenheim, it seemed like quality).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 06:12 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Their weakness isn't as strong as their weakness to Sigmar and other deities, but it is likely spawned by the Chaos Gods dislike of vampires. Khorne hates them because they take the blood that is rightfully his, Tzeentch hates them because they are physically static, unchanging individuals, and Nurgle hates them because he can't give them his gifts. Slaanesh dislikes them the least as their are those vampires that live in excess but they tend to stay at the same level rather than sliding down further. There is a good example of Chaos and vampires in a short story from the author of the Vampire Wars trilogy, where Vlad and the newly turned Isabella visit a Sylvainian baron that has refused to accept Vlad as the new Count. Vlad fights and kills the baron and begins to drink his blood, only to have a bad reaction to it. It's then revealed that the baron secretly turned to Khorne, tainting the man's blood.

And yes, Vlad did kill the White Wolves Grand Master but you're forgetting that his final battle was against the Grand Theogonist of Sigmar and that he was winning when the man tackled Vlad and plunged them both over the battlements. And as potentially blessed as the Wolf's armor was, it would pale in comparison to the Grand Theogonist's. Yet it didn't seem to affect him while at the same time, Vlad's children have been shown to have negative reactions to specially blessed or holy items and consecrated ground.

As to the other Gods of the Empire, as I pointed out, most there isn't a lot on as they are featured far less in the fluff then Sigmar. However, the 2nd Edition of the WFRP, there is a book solely on the vampires and vampire hunters, where Morr features quite prominently. So I would say that Sigmar and Morr are the Gods most vampires fear.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode