What is the Current State of the Warhammer World - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-11, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Default What is the Current State of the Warhammer World

The topic states it all, what is the current state of the Warhammer World?

I'm trying to get into the fantasy fluff, but I'm unsure where to start. The Rulebook and the Choas codex makes it seem like Storm of Chaos never happen (or hasn't happened yet) so where do we stand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-11, 06:26 PM

CaptainLoken's Flag is: Wales

well from the Gotrek and Felix third omnibus that i just started reading the state of the old world is not good.

Would highly recommend this series as it give some good back ground reading along with newer stuff.

We are charged with the reunification of mankind, throughout the stars, in the name of the Emperor. We seek to establish compliance amongst all the fragmentary and disparate strands. Most greet us like the lost brothers we are. You resisted.’
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-11, 05:32 AM

Tezdal's Flag is: USA

Well the armybooks have backtracked pre-SOC, similar to 40k they did the same with pre-13th black crusade.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 09:17 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not good.

Too obvious wasn'y it?

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 11:32 AM

BrotherArcadius's Flag is: USA

've read everything from Malus Darkblade's to Gotrek&Felix, which is OLD might I add, with the last G&F omnibus having come out circa 2009, and I found a comic from Malus Darkblade in my old copy of Chaos Gate. Currently the WH Empire is in the same state as the 40k's Imperium, weak but standing. As both factions are pretty much the centralist factions for their respective universes, I'd say they'll be around for along time.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 12:20 AM

I thought the Empire was pretty much never stronger?
I mean, they've got their greatest ever Emperor since Magnus, they found Sigmar reincarnate, and they beat the Storm of Chaos. Two of my friends disagree, saying that it's crumbling and that Volganof is a fraction of what's coming to the rest of the Empire. Maybe, but not for centuries. Now, if the Imperial court was based in Volganof at that time, then we'd all be fucked.
But yeah, it ain't going well. The Dwarves are probably going to die soon, and everyone else is bearing down on the Empire which is pretty much the protagonist force that holds the balance of the Warhammer World in their hands. Luckily, Boris Goldgather (curse his name) is gone and if he were the Emperor at this point then yeah, then we're really fucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
This is a warhammer forum. Everything is a military operation.

I have spent the last 25 minutes doing reconnaissance on my kitchen for operation: Cup of tea.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 04:03 AM

From what I've gathered reading several Codexes (Empire, Chaos, Dwarves, Wood Elves and Lizardmen) is that there are several catalysts waiting to happen, but as it stand pretty much every army/faction is on roughly equal footing in the universe. The Orcs and Goblins come and go, Chaos and the Northmen are fighting to find some sort of universal ruler to invade the Empire, which is wobbly and weak-kneed, but still swinging. The Lizardmen are biding their time waiting for the Ley Lines to realign and start swarming the shit out of the Old World, and the Wood Elves are to busy crying on leaves to give a damn, instead attempting to play potential enemies/allies off each other in the hopes that one will destroy the other and allow them to either remain off the beaten path or in a position to take power. The Dwarves have an honored and tenious alliance with the Empire, which helps to stabilize the Empire's standing, but they themselves are being routed from their homes by the Orcs and Goblins. So...its a very delicate house of cards thats waiting to come crumbling down, but the only thing keeping it standing is the fact that all these events happening basically cancel each other out. The authors did this so that you can sort of fit in storied games that could potentially tip the scales in a certain direction, however, someone somewhere else is fighting a battle that may neutralizes yours. Either way, its a very rich universe, story wise.

Big Boss BrainBasha's Trophy list:

Tycho's Helmet
Commander Lysander's Lance
3 Commisar's hats
A Vendetta Wing x 2
3 Tau Shas'O heads
Chaplain Grimaldus' Crozius
Warboss Skullmuncha's Iron Gob

And the list is growing...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode