Is this possible? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-10, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

shas'o Thraka's Flag is: England

Default Is this possible?

When a Phoenix king is crowned, he must spend a year with the Everqueen, to make a daughter to be the heir, and then allowed other consorts. Now, what would happen if after this, the King died.

Would the Everqueen have to have another daughter? Because there has (so far) never been a time in High Elf history when a Phoenix king has not had a daughter, but could that be the case?

Cheers,
Shas'o

Click now....and you may join the greater good!

8th Edition Lizardmen:
Wins-Draws-Loses: 4-0-1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-10, 07:53 AM

Gromrir Silverblade's Flag is: United Kingdom

Perhaps Elves can just choose a) the sex of their baby and b) to actually have a baby

It is said that the guttural sound of Dwarfs bellowing Grungni’s name is enough to make an Elf’s knees knock and a Goblin turn a sickly shade of yellow!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 01:59 PM

BrotherArcadius's Flag is: USA

Well, according to the fluff from Malekith's Legend book, when Aenarion died the Elves got together and voted on the next phoenix king, which would mean that the title is never hereditary. I've never heard of a Phoenix queen either... What these daughters do is probably fill a religious role with the Ever Queen.

"Cowards Die in Shame"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 04:07 PM

Kulzanar's Flag is: Belgium

I've never read the Malekith legend book but I was a DE player and the reason they choose a phoenix king instead of name Malekith as a succesor was because the other princes did not trust Morathi. They thought she had had a bad influence on Malekith as she taught him politics and magic while his father taught him the art of war. So poor Malekith didn't got to be king all because of his mother.

About the everyqueen, I think should the Phoenix King die the daughter of the previous one is still the next in line for the position of everqueen. So the unlucky elf doesn't go get to get funky with the everqueen. I've also heard rumours that elves don't reproduce like humans and/or can indeed choose the sex of their baby. Elf children is something there's not much known about, the only time I actually read something about elf children was in a Malus Darkblade book when he was escaping over roofs and balconies that two children stared at him.

The whole daughter thing does remind me of the Bretonnian damsels a bit. When a girl of a nobleman has the gift soon after a Damsel arrives, sometimes accompanied by a grail knight and the child is taken away to the lady of the lake for her training.

The Guardsman is just like you, from any city in the mighty Imperium he goes and fights a war he does not fully understand. Unlike many in this galaxy he is not genetically altered clad in powered armor or inhumanly fast. he wears only his vest helmet and holds his lasrifle. He is a guardsman and HE WILL HOLD THE LINE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode