Which Order? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Which Order?

Disclaimer: Warning there may be some information regarding the book Reiksguard and Sword of Justice in this post, do not read further if you're worried about possible spoilers.

I was wondering, what do you think is the best order to include within a Averland army? I was considering the Knights of the Blazing Sun seriously as I've read that they have a strong influence within the area since it's so far south.

However after reading two books recently, both have included a lot of Reiksguard so now I'm unsure as to which way to go, especially since you can now include the likes of Ludwig Schwarzhelm and Kurt Helborg in armies and who also appear in either book as well as the fact Ludwig who is an Averland, dislike the Reikguards

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 10-29-10 at 08:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-10, 12:19 PM

Personally I think that KotBS would fit perfectly, geographically and colour-wise.The Reikguard would work aswell I think, infact the Reikguard would fit any province imo. I read that book, can't wait for the sequel!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 02:03 PM

BrotherArcadius's Flag is: USA

The Reikland guard are the knighthood directly responsible for the defence of Reikdorf, and are generally attached the High Marshall.

"Cowards Die in Shame"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 02:59 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Blazing Sun would fit the Yellow and Black and Averland. However, they're based in Talabecland, and have more to do with the South and East in Estalia, and their propensity for Myrmidia.

However, the Order of the Black Bear have a Fortress in Averland - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...e=true&start=3

The Knights of Sigmars blood is lead by Hans Leitdorf, brother to the Elector Count of Averland.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 03:16 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Knights of the Blazing Sun's Main Temple/Chapter House is in Talabheim- that's not to say they don't have a presence in Averland, just thought I'd best point it out.

There is a Knightly Order that takes the symbol of Blackfire Pass as it's iconography (Blackfire Pass being in Averland)- the Knights of Sigmar's Blood.
In fact their Grand Master is a close relative to the Count of Averland (or was at least).

They've got a colour scheme that's very similar to the Reiksguard.

Silver Armour. White Lances with Black Flames, Red Shields with a laurel wreathed skull over a golden warhammer as symbol, and red edging to the War Horse's silver barding.

Edit: blood ninja-ery Vaz
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 03:20 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

In your threads ninjaring ur posts 17 minutes previously.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-11, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm thinking of going with Knight's of the Broken Sword, an order made up of Solland Noblemen that moved to Averland after it's destruction.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode