Skulltaker vs. Abhorash - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-10, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
Skulltaker actually has been defeated, just the once, by everyone's favourite Man-God Sigmar Heldenhammer (hopefully that fight will be in God-King).

Well it says "In the legends of the Empire ", which could mean that its just stories or propaganda by the Sigmarite priests. Only Mr. Graham Mcneil can say for sure in his next Sigmar book

But still, as of now Skulltaker is quite the challenge for any warrior out there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-10, 05:34 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I get really confused over Skulltaker after reading "Blood for the Blood God"... where the Skulltaker is described a little differently to normal and where, although he isnt defeated, he doesn't actually manage to win (the book ends with an even 'irrelevant' battle).

But for the love of Khorne dont go out of your way to read it... it must be the worst black library book I've ever read (although I'm reading Brother's of the Snake currently and its rivalling it so far).

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim/Steve View Post
I get really confused over Skulltaker after reading "Blood for the Blood God"... where the Skulltaker is described a little differently to normal and where, although he isnt defeated, he doesn't actually manage to win (the book ends with an even 'irrelevant' battle).

But for the love of Khorne dont go out of your way to read it... it must be the worst black library book I've ever read (although I'm reading Brother's of the Snake currently and its rivalling it so far).

*Spoilers Ahead*

I must disagree with you there. IMO Blood for the blood god is one of the best BL books to-date.

I'm not sure wether the skulltaker there is the one that I'm talking about ( Codex version ), but in that book he is like the Chuck Norris of the WHF world. AKA total badass . And he Wins! His mission is a complete success by the end of the book...

Maybe the 2 Skulltakers aren't related, or maybe C.L.Werner showed us how the Codex version of Skulltaker was born ( Read the ending a bit more thoroughly please ).

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 01:10 PM
WFB Moderator

I dont think they are the same- for a start he isnt a daemon in the book...
But by 'win' I dont mean he isnt successful, I mean vs the book's main character where they just fight on even though they are equal, and there is nothing left to fight for/over.

That skulltaker beats everything everywhere is partially why I think its a bad book... its utterly predictable in practically everything that happens and the way he is going to write about it. Its not a bad story per say but I found it so very boring that I had to force myself to get to the end. It was my 2nd BL book that I read... and I'm so very glad it wasn't the first.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 10:01 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Blood for the Blood God is one of the worst, if not the worst, BL Fantasy books I've read. As Tim/Steve said it's so predictable and boring, it really makes me think twice about buying other books by C.L Werner (one of the reasons I haven't picked up his Skaven books, the other big reason is the books are about the Skaven).
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-10, 10:39 PM
WFB Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
Blood for the Blood God is one of the worst, if not the worst, BL Fantasy books I've read. As Tim/Steve said it's so predictable and boring, it really makes me think twice about buying other books by C.L Werner (one of the reasons I haven't picked up his Skaven books, the other big reason is the books are about the Skaven).
I read the Mathias Thulman omnibus before realising it was the same author. Some of those stories dragged a little in places but as a whole its an excellent series that I would certainly recommend... although my favorite writer is still Ben Counter: loved Hellforged and Daemon World is still my favorite book to date.

Anyway back on topic- BftBG's skulltaker is described as a man that has such hatred and bloodlust that Khorne imbues him with armour and powers to help him reclaim a land already promised to Khorne. This means he isnt really a daemon in this book... although he does manage a few cool 'daemonesk' things throughout the book (and certainly rides what I would describe as a daemon- little else could regenerate from a pool of blood).
Personally I think BftBG is an entirely seperate world and that putting it in the Warhammer range is iffy at best... but I think that it could be made to fit if we had another book telling us more of the Skulltaker's exploits and how he becomes the daemon of legend that we find in the army book.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-10, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Well, BFTBG is simply not meant to be a deep, complex storyline with many plot twists & extremely interesting believable characters, eg. Gaunts Ghosts & Daemon World etc. If you picked up the book thinking it's gonna be something deep and complex like Dan Abnett's works, then you're mistaken

Its a book about an ASS-KICKING champion of the ASS-KICKER GOD. Plain & simple.

Like the script of a Chuck Norris/Steven Segal movie being made into a book. What else can you expect from the Blood God ? Khorne leaves the complex plots & scheming to Tzeentch, who's minions got their ass kicked in the book anyways

Its nice to have a pure action book like this come out once in a while, after all the drama and plot twists of the other BL books. The only other book like this from BL that I've ever read was Mark Of Chaos, by Anthony Reynolds.

Edit : Well he does transform into a Daemon at the very end of the book. In the Epilogue. As a reward for freeing the the Greater Daemon, he is granted Daemonhood in the form of wat look like a Bloodletter.

OK Back on Topic :

Could the Skulltaker not have just teleported to Abhorash's location & challenged him to a duel ? He's always looking to fight the best warriors, so why not go and challenge the best there currently is ? He's a Daemon, not a mortal man, so travel is not an issue for him.

Last edited by Lord Mephiston; 10-05-10 at 04:36 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-10, 03:12 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Daemon's don't teleport. They're summoned, and require the bartering of a soul. As Vampires don't have a soul, they're the eternal enemy of the Chaos Gods - they are the only enemies who have the exact same goal and capability to do it (i.e the Necrons are Vampires in space, if you haven't realised).

Still, it's like who would win, Linzie Dawn Mackenzie or Louise Porter. I'd love to watch it, but there wouldn't be a point to it, and would only be put on "because lol".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode