Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

A human as a god

6K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  Vaz 
#1 ·
Everybody who playes Warhammer Fantasy Battles know Sigmar is the patrongod of the Empire, but here's my theory he is also a god of the Lizardmen called Sotek.

Sotek and Sigmar both got the twintailed comet as their symbol, they both are fighting chaos(Sigmar against all chaos, Sotek against skaven). So it is pretty obvious that Sigmar is Sotek.
I want to know what you think of this theory. Is it complete rubbish or is it true?

#36 ·
It says in the wood elf army book that they look after by a elf!

Go the elves

#38 ·
hmm there is a small link but for those of you who have read the empire armybook it says that 'luther huss presented a young man named Valten to Karl Franz and proclaimed him Sigmar reborn' (p.24 , the champion of sigmar, last paragraph)

it then says that he beat archon (WOO GO VALTEN!) and was then killed by an assasin but his body mysteriously dissapeared just like sigmar dissapeared to the east

hope this helps

#40 ·
is that an official magic lore?

#42 ·
Lol, wouldnt every race like to portray their god powerful and righteous? theres a possibility but how does it link? to the empire, everything apart from dwarves and elves are evil so how could sigmar be the god of the lizardmen aswell?

#43 ·
Each race believes that their god/group of gods are the only ones.

Sigmar and the Old Gods are the largest example - Sigmar is now the principle Religion of the Empire.

The Empire is representative of Britain, or Albion as it was called, although the Geographical Situation of The Empire is akin to Germany. Simgar is Jesus Christ. He was a human, then disappeared after all his Miracles, and became a God. Although his Father was not God, the Application is still there.

The Old Gods (coming from the Danish Raiders and Saxon's) were from long before the coming of Sigmar. Each one was worshipped for their strength and aid, and although some worshipped them for being better at one thing (I.e. The Teutogen Tribe worshipped Ulric, the God of Strength, War and Winter above all others), they were each prayed to, and none was seen as being a different religion. It was a Group of Collected Gods, as you will, who worked for their people.

Then came Sigmar. He was one for the people, and did stuff that they would follow. When his tales spread, he was believed more, because he was a physical representation. He was a revelation, but because he was a Physical representation, people believed he would come to aid them whenever they called. Obviously, he didn't, but the belief stuck, and instead of sharpening axes and loosening up, the Empire became more dependant on the belief of Sigmar. It's the one reason as to why the Forces of the Pre-united Empire were so strong. They had the belief of the Old Gods, had to constantly fight against each other, and their enemies, and had a God Amongst Man to lead them. However, when he left, they no longer had internal strife, and became weak.

No God is evil. They are evil from your own interpretation of it.

Are Chaos Evil? Their name implies it, but then again, what do they want? To Control the land, and warp it into their own vision. However, because they aren't human, they're instantly bad.

The Empire - witch hunts, and kills babies even slightly mutated, such as an extra finger (obviously gets worse, but any stigma is eradicated)... Surely that's evil? If you're a mother who's given birth to a child with 6 fingers, and then a Witch Hunter comes out of nowhere, and just kills your child (in horrific ways - throwing the child to dogs, burning it, beheading, one story even had the attempted hanging of a child, or it could have been fluff, written by a fan, but otherwise, it's the same thing), you're going to think they're evil.

Basically, everyone is out for themselves. Dwarves are corrupted as well - Chaos Dwarfs, and Dark Elves are Slaanesh/Khornate Worshipping High Elves.

The Least Evil Races, in a sense are Dwarfs, Chaos (not Daemons, they have innate Malice to everything,for the sake of it, although they are representatives of their gods will, they don't have the vision, jsut the vision to complete a task then they are of no use), Wood Elves, Lizardmen and Bretonnians.

#44 ·
The Least Evil Races, in a sense are Dwarfs, Chaos (not Daemons, they have innate Malice to everything,for the sake of it, although they are representatives of their gods will, they don't have the vision, jsut the vision to complete a task then they are of no use), Wood Elves, Lizardmen and Bretonnians.
"The only difference between a hero and a villen is where you're standing" -unknown wise guy-

sure some of the races are bad, but there 'evil' is so that they can survive. Look at the empire, its almost been crushed so many times by an internal rising of mutants. There is only so far you can go before kindness has to take second place to survival.

And look at your 'good' races u've listed vas, Wood Elves shoot anyone who enters their home, even if its for a cup of tea and biskets (damn these english, there converting me NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Dwarves take revenge for grudges no matter what, even against the offendents grand-children who wernt even alive at the time of the misdeed. Lizardmen slaughter anyone that comes to their home (using the above example, even for tea and biskets). And Bretonians will pretty much quest against anything that makes them think they can get closer to a cup (wonder if there is tea in it??).

In conclusion:
TEA AND BISKETS ARE EVIL!!!! DAMN THE BRITTISH

#45 ·
Yes, but neither do they just do stuff for Crack. Dwarves want to end their days in peace, untroubled, but neither do they trouble others.

Wood Elves? I'd shoot anyone I hadn't invited into my home. Lizardmen? They're fighting one race for the sake of it, because some leader said so, but that one race did some bad shit to them. Still, if someone gets in your way, they'll kill them. After all, if you're mortal enemy is in front of you, you shoot them. But you can't do much about it if someone you don't know or care about steps in front of it, other than reload, and fire again.

Bretonnians? They'll kill what tries to kill them, basically. The Sultans of Jafar and Araby insult the lady of the Lake, and kill the Breton questers. So then they go on a Crusade to kill them. Good riddance.

Chaos? The gods have said this land is ours. I'm coming for it, ready or not. It's like a cross between Israel and 'What time is it Mister Wolf?'.

And Tea and Biscuits? Bisket reminds me of Brisket. Which is good in a stew. Oh yeah... we love Brits love making Stew with Tea for water and biscuits to dunk in. Or even a Biscuit Brisket sandwich? Can't beat it. With a cup of tea. Oh baby...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.