Who is the best wizard - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

LordofEndTimes999's Flag is: USA

Default Who is the best wizard

Who's is the best wizard or magical creature out of all the races. Whether particular class or specific individual

Plague Despoilers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 07:03 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well its gotta be between Teclis, Kairos and Kroak... personally I would say Kroak for killing tens of thousands of daemons at a time, standing alone aginst 8 bloodthirsters (something like that) and then exploding in a final piece of defiance... and still not being dead and gone. Very impressive.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 07:12 AM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

Game wise Teclis may be up there, but fluffwise I'd have to say he wouldn't be a major contender to Kairos or Kroak. Nagash would be up there as well, he basically obliterated an entire nation with one spell...

Teclic would be the most powerful 'living' Wizard though, as the other three are all effectively all spirits.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

what about Seerlord Kritislik or grey seer thanqoul he might not have the most power but i think one of the most determined

Plague Despoilers
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 05:28 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Teclis did nigh on win the battle of funival plain, he just doesn't like using magic in the same way as a LoC, unless its a desperate situation. He also founded the imperial colleges of magic. he get my vote.

Thanquol couldn't go toe to toe with alot of the powerful mages, hes just dubious and sneeky
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

yeah i figured just a curious thought that popped in my head. But Nagash and Kroak get my vote both being able to cast one spell that would cause huge earthquakes or able to take out. whole nations. but a lord of change would be pretty high up there too

Plague Despoilers
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 06:18 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Caledor Dragontamer. Forged the ''pact'' between Elves and Dragons, gifting the Elven Race with arguably the most fearsome tools of slaughter, of all time. Also teaching the Elves the way to use magic offensively, and defying Aenarion to conjure and cement the Vortex upon the Isle of the Dead, trapping -or drawing in- massive quantities of raw magic and preventing the Ruinous Powers free will over the mortal plane. In essense, this guy ''saved the world'' despite the horrendous cliche.

He`s not -technically- dead; but my vote for a still-living wizard would be Morathi. She created the Lore of Dark Magic, and has perfected it from her several-thousand year banishment from Ulthuan. Even Malekith is regarded as he inferior in terms of the magical art and I`m sure she would be able to slay Teclis in a sorcerous duel.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 09:24 PM

Muffinman's Flag is: Canada

For a living wizard I would probably have to go with Teclis. Now if you were to argue about all, even dead/spirits, my vote would go to lord Kroak. He was the first Slaan ever spawned, he tought the High Elves Magic, basically killed a whole daemon army with one spell, went toe to toe with 7(?) Bloodthristers and then refused to die even when his body had been ripped apart! That's pretty amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboytervigon View Post
Go cheese his words are Gouda.
5th Edition Blood Angels: 20/6/16
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-10, 10:13 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Most powerful living wizard? Got to be Lord Mazdamundi, he's the most powerful living Slaan- he essentially destroyed the Dwarf Empire by causing numerous massive earth quakes in the Worlds Edge Mountains, what makes it even more impressive is that that was just a byproduct of his geomancy not the aim.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-10, 12:31 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

The fey enchantress... none of us know she's doing, but she has a whole nation under her thumb and a couple of hundred young wizards kept god knows where.....

I dont think she has really been called on to let loose so I'm going to keep with Brettonian loyalty

Taking my head out of the clouds, gotta be a slann, they are beyond compare in terms of magic. Thus i agree with baron

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode