Chaos Gods - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-10, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Moxsis's Flag is: USA

Default Chaos Gods

I am working on a WoC army, and my question is. I know I can feild units with differnt marks, but does this make sence fluff wise? I thought that the gods hated each other.

I'm in your Golden Throne, sitting on your Emperor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-10, 10:14 PM

Yilmar's Flag is: Netherlands

Try reading the story on Archaon.

Once in a while the gods put aside their animosities against each other and rally their forces behind a certain promising champion of Chaos.
This champion of Chaos is then ordered by the gods to wreak havoc on the civilised lands in the south granting himself numerous gifts and powers.
When the champion is defeated and the incursion dissipates the gods and their respective armies go back to killing each other again untill another champion arises.

Yep that's Chaos in a nutshell

<- Smithers or Mr Burns, who you like best? ->
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-10, 09:15 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

In the current WoC army book you can mix and match marks and even magic items to your hearts content (you can get some nasty hero combos like that)

But this is new to the current WoC book in previous incarnations you were limited by the mark of your general.

Technically the gods do hate each over and only work together to get stuff done. The new changes caused some ripples when they came in to fluff gamers. You can still field mono-diety armies if you want, the changes were brought in to make chaos more playable, 1 god lists were very limiting in previous lists

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-11, 01:26 AM

Anarkitty's Flag is: USA

In general, Khorne and Slaanesh hate each other, and Nurgle and Tzeench hate each other. Other combinations can tolerate each other.
If there is agood enough reason they will fight along side even warriors of their hated rivals, but they don't like it.
In older versions, warriors of opposed gods had to take animosity tests to not attack each other.
I've always considered it acceptably fluffy to include up to two gods. Slaanesh and Tzeench, Khorne and Nurgle, Slaanesh and Nurgle, or Khorne and Tzeench. I put fluffiness and interestingness above battlefield effectiveness though.

Check out my Codex: Scions of Slaanesh (Grey Knights complete rewrite)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?p=959181

And my Necromunda Escher gang project log (with lots of pictures)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/....php?p=1007914

In our embrace of the pleasures of the flesh we feel the embrace of the Dark Prince
She asks nothing of us but to enjoy life, and in doing so we bring glory to Him
Give up your petty faiths and morals and join us in the bosom of the Goddess of Pleasure

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode