Warhammer in the year 3000 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-15-09, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
bobss's Flag is: England

Default Warhammer in the year 3000

Read a similar thread for 40k, about were the races would be in 10,000 years, which ones would of crumbled, which would of advanced etc, and thought about one for the Fantasy world, 1000 years ahead of the current time, so thats... 350...5?

Any ideas guys? it`d be interesting to see what you think will happen, I see more activity from the Tomb Kings, more Skaven Attacks, technological developments by the Empire, civil war, and the eventual destruction of Bretonnia and an invasion of Naggaroth by the combined forces of High elves and the Imperial fleet....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-16-09, 02:50 AM

Dragearen's Flag is: USA

Lizzies would probably start using steam/etc. technology(since their technology is... primitive compared to armies such as Empire and Dwarves), as their technology is very very slow in progressing(they're so old, come on. They're immortal pretty much[AFAIK, they can't die of age]). Beastmen would probably be similar.

Empire would most likely be the most technologically advanced, and possibly Skaven as well. Using modernish/futuristicish(such an AWESOME word!) technology.

Skaven would likely be mutated beyond recognition of rats, as I imagine radiation and mutations would carry on through the generations and getting even worse.

Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings(to a lesser degree) would likely follow along with the technology of other armies, having a mix of what they have, with Tomb Kings being slightly less advanced than Vampire Counts.

That's all I can think of.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-09, 06:57 PM

Muffinman's Flag is: Canada

I really don't the Lizzies won't advance to much technological wise because I don't see them as a technological race. Though I'm guessing as the years went by the Temple Cities would start producing spawnings more often and that there would be more spawnings blessed by certain Old Ones seeing as the Lizards must complete the Great Plan of the Old Ones!!!
But other than that I wouldn't expect to see to much of a tecnology jump considering it's the year 2552 according to the armybooks I have and seeing how far the races have progressed so far I really don't expect to mjush of a jump considering for the most their tech has stayed pretty much the same throughout warhammer history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboytervigon View Post
Go cheese his words are Gouda.
5th Edition Blood Angels: 20/6/16

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-09, 07:18 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Merpeople would be a new race.

And your Great Great Great Grand-daughter? She's pretty fine.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-09, 10:24 PM

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

Chaos would've conquered everything a long time ago.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-10, 12:04 AM

theyoutuber's Flag is: Canada

idk man it would be wierd
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-10, 11:57 PM
Jack96's Flag is: Ireland

Cathay would probably destroy the orcs and gobbos separating them from the empire and making an alliance and I'd say they'd be pretty damn advanced maybe more so than the dwarves. They might even have 100's of dragons now that'd be ridiculous
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 12:29 PM

Drax's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Merpeople would be a new race.

And your Great Great Great Grand-daughter? She's pretty fine.

shame on you for this reference, shame on me for understanding it!

i think in the main things won't have moved on that much - it is essentially due to so many different warring races that each army is as 'unadvanced' as they are currently - basically each race keeps another in check.

certain elements will advance, but that is unlikely to affect the race as a whole.

just my take
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 01:00 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Haha, I thought it was a new thread, and was about to do the same again until I saw I'd already done it =D

Personally, I'd love to see Cathay come to the fore. Less 3 Kingdoms Era, that's over done. No - I'd prefer to look more at the time period similar to what the Empire, Breton and Tilean factions are - the 12th-14th Centuries.

Have a look at some of the factions in China at the time - Tibet was powerful, then, with units such as the R'takhrab Pai'dpungpa, (Armoured Horse Cavalry to you and me), the Song Dynasty Bei Wei Cavalry and ZhanMaDao Infantry. Followed up by Jurchen Jin Tiefutu (Iron Pagoda's/Buddhas, which wore Two Layers of armour, giving all units a run for their money). Combine that with the Qara Khitan (Mangudai?) mercenaries, they would be quite effective.

Along with a few more fantastical additions, they could make a grand new army. Dragons, Terracotta Warriors, etc.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-10, 11:01 PM
Jack96's Flag is: Ireland

They would have lots of different types of dragons and just pone everything

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode