What do Chaos Warriors do in their spare time? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-09, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

keytag33's Flag is: Canada

Default What do Chaos Warriors do in their spare time?

I was thumbing through my WOC book the other day and a couple of questions came to me.

What do Chaos warriors do when they aren't in battle? According to the Army Book, Chaos Warriors don't eat or sleep, so do they just wander around looking for a fight?

Do they have settlements or are they more a loose nomadic group or tribe?

Would Chaos Knights and Warriors co-exist in the same "tribe" or would the form their own groups and just join up for battles?

Or am I just trying to add to much form and structure to an inherently chaotic force?

Virtutis gloria merces

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair. - Douglas Adams

It's a knife for gods sake, what you been useing to keep your fork company all these years, sharp side, blunt side, what you want a lesson? - Bullet Tooth Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-09, 05:31 PM

Zorenthewise's Flag is: USA

The form/structure of your Chaos band is up to you. It can be tribes that just got together for some fun or it could be an empire of sorts, ruled over by a single powerful champion.

As for what they do in their free time, I imagine their free time shifts based on their role/ the god they serve. For instance, I imagine followers of Slaanesh do very different things to each other than the followers of Khorne do!

"Did you just deploy your guardsmen in ranks?" - Quote from my last battle

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-09, 06:43 PM

Jolly Puggles's Flag is: England

I've never really thought about it myself...

Play chess?
Go hunting?
oo oo oo...maybe they have big feasts in great big mead halls like they do in The Vikings with Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas...that's what I'd do if I was a Chaos Warrior. Drinking, raucous songs, more drinking, chucking axes at womens braids, even more drinking, the occasional fight...sounds like fun to me.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-09, 08:37 PM

heheehehe I have this vision of them all doing the macarena.....
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-09, 09:23 PM

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

Hmmm
I guess when they're not fighting, they are marching.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-09, 05:48 AM

I bet followers of Slaanesh know how to have a fun time
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-09, 06:04 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

One would believe that what a chaos warrior/knight does in his off time is dependent on their alignment.

Khorn: much like blood dragons probably wastes all their time searching for a bigger/more impressive way to prove they kick ass to Khorn, say by fist fighting a ogre, and winning. (Main contributor to khornate fatalities)

Tzeentch: probably seek out further understanding of the winds of magic or any knowledge that could be of advantage, their also the most likely to engage in actual games primarily as a means to perfect their minds or martial abilities to better execute their plans, or they spend all their off time making up extremely convoluted plan that may take years to come into effect.

Nurgle: I imagine they spend alot of time just wandering around spreading disease, and ruin as they seem to get a jovial pleasure from it. I also imagine they seek out and destroy images or icons of hope as they would offend them.

Slaanesh: Easiest one to imagine of all four, they probably go about seeking any form of beauty (Even repulsive ones) or sensations that are novel or intense, and since most can't leave their armor in their latter lives I imagine this often takes the form of drugs or magically induced states/sensations. Possibly linked to why so many willingly take on female traits to better experience every perverse sensation possible.

Undivided: Probably the most varied, but I imagine it often breaks down to A)Piracy B)Trying to gain more power/prestige/followers. C)Some insane personal goal like revenge.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-05-09, 01:03 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Golf, yachting, crochet,opera, tennis,gardening......
Sorry saw this thread and i have to start one up for 40k. Great idea. Rep to the op.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-06-09, 02:24 AM

Nipolian's Flag is: USA

"I bet followers of Slaanesh know how to have a fun time" MontytheMighty
I thought warriors of chaos couldnt take of their armor because it was welded on to them- There goes a decent Relationship!!
How would that work any way?
"hi sweety i am home from causing havic and distuction on the Empire. I had a great day at work I kill 8 people and was given a gift from the gods. How was yours?"
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-07-09, 12:21 AM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Puggles View Post
I've never really thought about it myself...

Play chess?
Go hunting?
oo oo oo...maybe they have big feasts in great big mead halls like they do in The Vikings with Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas...that's what I'd do if I was a Chaos Warrior. Drinking, raucous songs, more drinking, chucking axes at womens braids, even more drinking, the occasional fight...sounds like fun to me.
If so the the Dawi are your new best friends!

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode