Goblin Questions - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-08-09, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Default Goblin Questions

Hello, everybody. I've got some questions about Goblins! I ask because I'm thinking about making a goblin force, and I tend to like writing fluff and so forth before doing so. But before I do that, I'd like to ask some questions so that I can gain more knowledge of the goblins in Warhammer Fantasy, or possible story ideas of which I'd like to include in my own homebrew fluff.

Firstly, I assume that goblins can easily became leaders as well, especially amongst goblins? I assume that's what the whole Little Waaagghhh! is all about.

Secondly, assuming the first to be true, is it often or not that a Great Shaman can become the leader of a Waaagghhh! or tribe, rather than a warboss? Amongst either goblins or orks, really. How likely would this be, and would it be way too odd to have a goblin shaman as a leader?

Thirdly, what different 'styles' of goblins can you imagine? My idea was to sort of have the Shaman as having attracted goblins from far and wide... all forest goblins, but all with their own unique styles. As my force would likely be at least a few hundred goblin models, I figured I could do maybe fifty as one style, fifty as another, and so forth. Maybe one particular tribe carried around severed enemy heads or had different tattoos or some such, while different tribes might use wooden or metal shields of different shapes and sizes, and also with different symbols. So it would be sort of a coalition of many goblins founded under one shaman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-11-09, 05:17 AM

Mutants_ho!'s Flag is: USA

A) Yes, goblins can become leaders as well. That's why there are gobbo warbosses/big bosses!

B) I messaged you about that one.

C) Well, firstly by "Forest Goblins" do you mean Common Goblins or the actual Forest goblins which no longer actually have any infantry (Though the common goblin profile works fine). If you do mean common goblins than there are a great deal of "styles" (assuming you meant things such as backround info like this tribe is a bunch of sea-goblin pirates or whatever), so answer #C (Yes, number C, deal with it) and I will give you further feedback.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode