Mannsleb and Morsleb - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Sammaven's Flag is: USA

Default Mannsleb and Morsleb

I have a theory about the moons. I'm not exactly sure how they're spelled, but I think I did it right. Anyways.. My theory is that Mannsleb is the only moon, while Morsleb is a giant sun millions of light years away that is so huge it shows large in the sky. The sun was corrupted when a black hole imploded and exploded, and sent billions of screaming souls into the sun. In the searing lava and nuclear explosions of the sun, the very first Daemons were created. The sun, overloading with dark powers, sent out a massive solar flare, which burned hundreds of solar systems to crisp, carrying along with it millions of howling Daemons. The solar flare ended near the system where Warhammer Fantasy was, and the Daemons felt the many souls upon the planet, and flew down, trying to gain material form after the searing hotness of the sun. When none of them triumphed, they corrupted humans from afar, who then did rituals that summoned Daemons into material.

Just a lil fluff, it'd be awesome if it was true though

Last edited by Sammaven; 05-24-09 at 11:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-09, 12:15 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

A bit random

we know daemons come from the realm of chaos though and werent created when a bunch of souls got flung into a sun!

Personally when thinking about the Warhammer world in terms of it being a planet in a solar system, i try not to think of the universe as a whole as it makes everything on this one planet so insignificant (and makes me think even more how it should be linked to the 40k universe!)

Instead i like to think of everything being either one solar system or merely everything just being the warhammer world, there being no wider galaxies or universe. I like to think there is only this one planet, with the realm of the gods as a seperate dimension maybe? with the Grey Vaults somewhere inbetween.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-09, 12:57 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yup, it's nice to have another person thinking about possibilities in the Fantasy Game ;)

Unfortunately, Morrsleib itself is known to be a moon - the (heretical) astronomer Galeo (Original I know) prooved that the moon was made of Warpstone (don't know how, it just was).

Many other sorcerors (Kozma Himmlisch, from Magestorm, for example) have gone mad, or turned to Chaos Worship (intentionally or not) through just studying it. Also, the Skaven (well, Thanquol) wants to steal Makaissons airship and "fly to the moon" to mine the Warpstone, so he can be the greatest skaven warlord, and mage, the richest grey seer, the most well known ratman in history, a scourge to the world, and entire empires will bow down before him... Oh sorry, just the warpstone snuff taking over. But yeah, it's a moon ;) Otherwise, if was a sun, you would only see the other moon as a black spot.

It's readily thought that the Warhammer World is a Daemon World in the Eye of Terror. Which is strange because it bears many (exxagerated) features of Terra, or Earth.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-09, 01:05 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Morslieb is a chunk of warpstone... which has sentience! as it doesnt obey any normal movements of an orbiting moon, it actually moves however it likes and can even appear during the day to menace people.

Empire folk dont leave their homes when Morrslieb is out and even go as far as boarding up there windows and doors, for when Morrslieb is out and full on displayed, mutants, monsters and other terrible creatures come out to play!

If you guys like to know more about this, i would suggest buying the WFRP books, has so much background in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-09, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Sammaven's Flag is: USA

Ok.. I'm proven that this thread is obsolete.. I still think it's a cool idea though

"We are, and always will be, for the Emperor." -- Alpharius

Alpharius drew his boltgun.
"Why?" shrieked Namatjira. "Why are you doing this?"
"For the Emperor," said Alpharius and pulled the trigger.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode