Drakwald - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-07, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Drakwald

Of the twelve runefangs in exsistance two are not held by their intended elector count due to the fact the province is no longer there, the most famous is solland ofcourse but i want to know more about Drakwald does anyone have any info on it?

I'm considering restarting my empire army with the models i didn't paint originally and all the lovely new plastics the empire now have, i've even picked a colour scheme for Drakwald Half darkish purple half darkish geen and Drakwalds symbol would be a burnt (lightning hit) tree.

I only ask because the fluff for my new army relies on a decendant of the former elector count, Konrad Aldrech (thinking of calling his decendant Evan Aldrech)

Does anyone have any info or ideas about the creation of my army? Not much fluff discussion in this section so i'm hoping to ressurect it :p

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 11-29-07 at 09:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-07, 09:40 PM

No actual info/background for ya, but happy to riff on a few themes.

If you've got a dispossessed lord with a bunch of followers living in an area with lots of forest, that kinda sounds like the Robin Hood stories to me. Which suggests several possibilities. Perhaps there's a fat preacher involved. Perhaps some of your army are crack-shots (Hochland longrifles maybe?). Huntsmen or some such. Maybe they are actually all outlaws - their crime? Refusing to accept the 'new order' in the (former) province of Drakwald...

Returning to religion, perhaps they're really devout, and are banded together to clear the forest of Abomination (of which there's plenty, no?). Lots of flagellents and/or knightly orders for this one I'd suggest. Again preachers (fat or not) might be expected to make an appearence.

Or are they the tatty militia remnants of a vanished society, with broken spears and a brace of pistols between them, eking out a pitiful existence amid the decaying glory of a once-great city? In this case, though you might get flagellents (apocalyptic cults thrive on this sort of thing I'm led to believe) the rest of the army should be kinda grizzled - a mix of the really hardass and the really desperate...

Don't know if this is any help, but I guess what you're looking for is a way in to 'who they are'... hope it's some use.

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-08, 11:49 AM

Great work it is awesome can't wait for some more

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-08, 12:06 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The great forest was once part of the Drakwald province, but this aeons old forest (existed since the Unberogen tribes existence) was corrupted during the Great War against Chaos, when the wastes opened up, and raw magic flowed over the land. This corrupted the trees, some of the oldest becoming Hag Trees, which became places of worship, similar to herdstones, to the mutated beastmen.

Morghur, the master of skulls himself tried to use his corrupting influence to change the Oak of Ages in Loren forest into a Hag Tree, effectively destroying the Wood Elves as they are, and furthering the power of the Beastmen themselves.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode