Relatively New To Fantasy - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-09, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

vacantghost's Flag is: Taiwan

Default Relatively New To Fantasy

Hey guys,
apart from playing age of reckoning, reading a couple of books and the rts computer games mark of chaos i really have no idea what fantasy is about.
i dont know the lands, whats going on, society, religion, factions and things like that but, when i was looking through the catalog at my local game store, the warriors of chaos were just calling out to me. I therefor, emptied my wallet for 3 sets of warriors of chaos spearhead, 3 sets of warriors of chaos battleforce, 2 hellcannons, 1 dragon orgre shaggoth and one daemon prince.

So now, i need your help to a proper introduction to the world of fantasy, it looks fun, it sounds fun and i can't wait to get into it.
My fluff idea for this chaos warband is quite unusual if i could say so myself. It's a chaos undived warband which can't get along with each other well. The followers of different gods are constantly planning against each other although they march as one. the inside conflict got so bad that the next time they fought against an enemy together, their incoherence resulted in their defeat. and only few were left. these remaining men roamed the lands until they found a chaos chosen whos path and aim was to become an exalted hero ( im sorry for spelling errors) they then came together and yeah, started killing chaos and the order both alike. so its technically a warband who killes other warbands but aims to crash the orderly. can you guys tell me if that would work and what names might suit this warband? thanks !

Altruism is bullshit, and you know it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-09, 02:19 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

well, as the story goes that sounds pretty good. name wise, you can take your inspriation from anything-german styel would mean a champion from the empire(the largest realm of man), french is brettonia (who are knights in shining armour) and so on. is you have it, read the extensive history section in the BRB.
title names, like skullhewer, are also good for chaos-you can imagine that they have left everything of there old life behind, including there names, or that there actions have gained them a nickname.
long flowerly names are often elven, whilst "stony" names are for dwarfs.
i am actulay quite rubbish coming up with names, but that should give you some ideas of where to start.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-09, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks mate, thats greatly appreciated!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-09, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

i've decided the name of the aspiring chosen = Ezra Krauss The Furer.
Warband = The Wrath Of Zairshh
Zairshh being a minor relic god to Ezra

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-09, 02:46 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

nice-it is always good to make up a name and a background for your army-it hurts less when you lose!

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-09, 10:06 AM
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Death Shroud's Flag is: England

The Warhammer world is pretty massive to explain all the fluff simply but as an overview (and reiterating some of what has already been said, most places are based on real world countries/regions)

PLACES OF THE WARHAMMER WORLD Part 1

Bretonnia - Based on the knightly tales of France and Arthurian Britain.

Empire - Based on Germany, the most powerful nation in the Old World (warhammer world Europe).

Kislev - Based on Russia, bordering the chaos wastes and an ally of the Empire.

Tilea & Estalia - smaller nations based South-East of Bretonnia, based on Italy and Spain.

Norsca - based on Scandinavian countries, think viking raiders (but if you've play W.A.R. you'll know that already)

Albion - mysterious and magically rich isle off the North West coast of the Empire, based on pre-Roman Britain.

Khemri - The first major human kingdom, now a land of the dead due to the mascinations of a rebellious priest named Nagash.

Araby - although geographically positioned differently this is based on the middle east, the magicians use Genies (Djinn). On the Western border of Khemri)

The Southlands - Think of all of the southern part of Africa covered in mountains and forests. The Lizardmen have colonies there.

The Badlands - Area of wasteland between Khemri and the Old World. Orc infested.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-09, 10:14 AM
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

PLACES OF THE WARHAMMER WORLD Part 2

Worlds Edge Mountains - Range of mountains between the old world and the Dark Lands. Formerly the site of the hub of the Dwarven Empire, now many Dwarf holds are in the hands of the Greenskins and Skaven.

The Blighted Marshes - a massive marsh on the Tilean border, the Skaven capital of Skavenblight lies beneath it.

The Dark Lands - a wasteland the size of the old world. The Chaos Dwarves have their city on the eastern half of it.

Continuing East.

The Ogre Kingdoms - a vast mountain range that has borders the Dark Lands on the western side and Cathay on the Eastern side. Former home of the intelligent giants now where the Ogre tribes live.

Grand Cathay - Most powerful realm of the East, based on China, not much revealed of it in Warhammer background.

Nippon - based on feudal Japan. Less known about it than Cathay

Ind - Based on (you guessed it) India, nothing real said about it at all. Though rumours of tiger-headed beastment have been mentioned on occasion.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-09, 10:18 AM
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

PLACES OF THE WARHAMMER WORLD PART 3 (man I wish I hadn't started this)

Ulthuan - High elven kingdom, in the middle of the ocean between Naggaroth and the old world/Araby.

Naggaroth - Dark Elf kingdom, it's positition on the map is basically North America

Lustria - Lizardman kingdom, numerous temple cities in a continent sized jungle. Think Aztecs with scales and you won't be far off.

If you have anything more specific to ask feel free, preferably something that doesn't require so much typing.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-09, 12:09 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Religion is a biggy. There are major deities for each of the races already covered, and in that, there are many sub sects of each deity, specific deities, and whatnot.

The Chaos Factions, as I'm sure you know, have 4 Major Gods, and history had them with 5, and potentially even more.

Khorne, the Blood God. His followers worship him through the spilling of blood, and taking of skulls, be it enemies, other followers, or even there own. Also said that it's not just taken from those who offer the skulls up willingly, but from those who participate in battle, and enjoy it. Follows on through the idea that the Chaos Gods are formed from Emotion and Feeling of the Sentient Races, rather than from worship. His icon is a stylised skull, and an axe is typically the weapon of Khorne - this is doubly strange since the minor avatars (Lesser Daemons, Bloodletters) have swords, don't ask why, we're still trying to figure out what Games Workshop are playing at - and the colour is Red.

Tzeentch, the God of Change is said to be the most prominent Chaos God, currently. He is worshipped by those who Crave knowledge, and power. His sign is the Unblinking Eye, sometimes taken to be the Evil Moon, Morrsleib, or the Sun. His daemons take the form of an ever changing mass, spitting magical fire, or splitting up when damaged. The Larger Greater Daemons (Lords of Change) take the form of an Wizened Spell Caster with the head and gangly figure of a Bird of Prey. The Most Magically potent. THe pursuit of knowledge is said to further his supremacy, even the search for knowledge to defeat him leads to increasing his power.

Slaanesh is the God of Pleasure. Whenever anything is done for Personal Gain or Pleasure, such as Making Love, or selling your soul to him to become infinitely beautiful, to man, woman and beast alike, or even limitless power will provide him with worshippers.

The Last Major God is Nurgle, the God of Death. He takes the form of a Plaguebringer, creating new diseases. Whenever anyone dies, he gains power, from whatever means. He is different from Khorne, in that Khorne worships the actual Killing, rather than the dead bodies, which is what Nurgle wants. His followers are often ill things, with plgues diseases, and some of the worst mutations. However, they are often very tough.

The Last God is Malal, but he is no longer in the Pantheon, and is dedicated to destroying chaos. It was removed because the person who came up with the idea left GW and wouldn't let them use it. It is thought that the Daemon Prince Be'lakor is Games Workshops idea of it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode