Malekith the Doucher - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Is Malekith a total doucher?
Totall asshole 11 47.83%
Naw he's an okay guy 8 34.78%
Meh...he's just a typical elf 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Default Malekith the Doucher

I'm 61 pages into Malektih: A Tale of the Sundering and already I hate this guy with a passion of a thousand suns. This guy is seriously a grade-A jackass; totally stuck up, cares little for the lives of his own men and even less for the lives of others. I know elves are famous for being a bunch of bastards, but Malekith takes that up to 11; if I was an elf back in the day, I'd want to punch this jerk in the face with spiked knuckles. Seriously, this guy's head is stuck so far up his own ass that he should have collapsed into a singularity and consumed the entire universe already.

Then there's the part where he first meets the Dwarves, and they invite him to travel with them back to Karaz-a-Karak, and he doubts whether or not it will be worth his time. SERIOUSLY? The Dwarves' idea of a political ice-breaker is to get piss-assed drunk, so you can only imagine what they do for fun. Probably rock and roll all night, and party every day, if famous scholars/rockers KISS are to be believed.

Anyway, I wanted to get other people's opinions on this one, because my hatred of the Dark Elves is no secret here at Heresy, but even you Dark Elf players have to admit this guy is a total jerkass. Cast your vote!

Last edited by Captain Galus; 03-12-09 at 09:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-09, 07:48 AM

Da Red Paintjob Grot's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: The Mystical workshop of the Red paintjob grot. (My room.)

Jack.Ass. seriously, dark elfes and dark eldar background is the first thing i'd remove if i got the chance.

Many thanks to www.clockworkscomic.com for the Avatar!
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-09, 09:40 AM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

well, whose fault is it? his dad said to him repeatedly "one day you will be king" his mum said to him "one day you will be king" his friends said to him "one day you will be king". after being told that for a couple of centuries he is bound to become a big headed jerk. then his (already insane) mother sells her soul to slannesh, his dad was cursed by Khanie, hardly a good atmosphere for raising a kid is it? i am realy not suprised he went of the rails.
any way, he is a part of the warhammer world, and he is stuck there, so quit whining.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-09, 09:47 AM

nightfish's Flag is: United Kingdom

You do know that one of the biggest traits of dark elves is arrogance? One might argue why your reading the book if you don't like that sort of personality.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-09, 05:34 PM

Micklez's Flag is: Australia

Same reason why one might learn certain subjects at school. You may not like it but the knowlage is handy. I took A-Level maths for the same reason, theres no way its going to help in law but it sure helps to know. Anyway, planning my future aside, its also good to know both sides of the story as well as digging into one of the best features of our hobby, its fluff

Btw, hes an arsehole

Thanks Proccor for the awsum sig

After 10 years of relentless shelling, the hive is reduced to naught but rubble and dust, two years after all signs of life ceased and five years after the hive issued its unconditional surrender.

I dont want to hear any more flashlight joke alright, there just guide lights for the artilery

Last edited by Micklez; 03-13-09 at 05:36 PM.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 12:36 PM
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Death Shroud's Flag is: England

I've not read the book yet but since it has been written by the horror that is "The Throp" (Gave Thorpe) it doesn't suprise me that what could have been an exciting piece about how a mighty hero could be corrupted by power and turn into a megalomaniac and Badass Motherfucker (literally), would instead be an unsubtle badly written book about an obvious complete bastard who does lots of bad things and ends up still being an obvious complete bastard.

I love the Dark Elf background but have been dreading reading the book. I read the preview chapter and that was bad enough for me.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 12:39 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Funnily enough, I like him. He's got the ruthlessness, and strength that the Elves required at the time. However, Asur saw that he could be too ruthless, having grown up during a time when to be ruthless was required, not to mentionbeing in a Region that took the brunt of the Daemons assaults... Naw... He's an okay guy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 05:47 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

death shroud- i acctualy enjoyed the book-i read it cover to cover, and that only happens with books i realy realy like.(the fact that i picked it up of the shelf says a lot as well, i only pick books that look interesting, and have only been wrong a few times)

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafistofmork View Post
death shroud- i acctualy enjoyed the book-i read it cover to cover, and that only happens with books i realy realy like.(the fact that i picked it up of the shelf says a lot as well, i only pick books that look interesting, and have only been wrong a few times)

hhhmm someones sounding alittle dark elfish

i like him he has a right to be angry he is the rightful heir his body is severley disfigured everybody hates him apart from his mummy, cut him some slack.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 05:48 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

I think he's pretty rad! Total jackoffs like him make the world go round, sounds like I need to read this book and get an update to my philosophy in life!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode