Malekith the Doucher - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Is Malekith a total doucher?
Totall asshole 11 47.83%
Naw he's an okay guy 8 34.78%
Meh...he's just a typical elf 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-02-09, 02:22 PM

rob12763's Flag is: USA

He would be an excellent Corporate CEO.Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-02-09, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I finished the book a while back, and honestly, I think he would've turned into a total doucher even if he'd been handed the crown instead of Bel-Shanaar.

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 09:00 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

The sudden turn around in his character is quite shocking, though you have no idea just how much influence the Circlet of Iron and Morathi have on him. He's buried desires for 1000 years, doing some amazing things with the Dwarfs etc. I don't think he would've ended up the way he did had he been granted the crown - I think it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. He ended up the way he did because people were scared he'd end up the way he did, doing exactly what they shouldn't have trying to stop things happening. That's a brain fryer!

My god Morathi is a piece though!

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-11-09, 06:03 AM

This book sounds pretty good i will have to get my hands on it. I've read the stuff in the army book about him and it seems like he got screwed big time by pretty much everyone but his mother, who i think only loves him as much as the power he holds anyway.

He would get a high 5 from me any day, seriously there are much bigger douches then Malekith e.g. the Phenix king and Dwarf high king during the war of the beard (i forget their names) they fought so long and hard over some ill-treated ambassitors (ok so this might have been egged on by the Dark Elves) but still the damage done by this war was just as bad as the ones fight between the High/Dark elves. so cut him some slack, he's a pretty cool guy
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-29-09, 01:49 AM

BloodAngelsfan's Flag is: USA

Yeah, I think he should be cut some slack, and we should turn our attention to the real douches here, the High Elves. They made Malekith the way he is, they shaved the ambassadors beard (the bastards!) instead of working it out, seriously, couldn't they have simply said something along the lines of 'Malekith attacked the caravan'

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “The current system of servitude is barbaric and inadequate for today's generation. We appeal to the leaders of both the Imperium and the Coalition of Hateful Assholes and Organised Sin to seek to change this for the betterment of all its citizens”

Lorgar: “Guess there was one plot thread we forgot to erase ...” Mortarion nods in agreement, while Ahriman looks on suspiciously.

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough: “We feel trapped, we feel oppressed. And we urge our governments to release us from these metal boxes-”

Lorgar: “Oh shi-”

Firraveus Carron: Leaping to his feet. “METAL BOXES?!?METAL BOXES!!!THEY RIDE IN METAL BOXES!!!”

-Labor Unions

All credit goes to Lastie on Warseer, for writing Primarchs (available in a 647 page Microsoft Word document)
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-29-09, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

The Phoenix King at the time was a complete moron, so I don't think we need to hold the entire race accountable for one idiot's power trip; we can all agree that at least ONE High Elf at that time was stupid.

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-09, 08:21 PM

MrFortunato's Flag is: England

D.E player, admits Malekith is a dick... no tactical ability...'oh look, there's that gate we've failed to break through 8 billion times before...lets attack it again' eh? he asks for failure, and if ANY OTHER elf was in charge instead of him...Ulthuan would have been subdued long ago...
now i must kill myself before the black guard get me...

I picked D.e 'cos
1) my friend did H.E, natural rivalry i guess...
2) evil is ALWAYS cooler than good

although i have to admit, i like the H.E style as being defenders of the world... it seems to have more of a point than just being soooo obsessed with one freakin island...
However, I like the D.E obsession of power, ambition is the D.E edge for me, the thing that makes them cool, and i actually believe that without their leader, they could be a cooler army, more bent on domination rather than ulthuan (although thats first on the list) The only problem is....without Malekith the whole of the D.E fluff becomes a black hole...

Last edited by MrFortunato; 09-14-09 at 08:31 PM.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-20-09, 09:55 PM

Quote:
He would be an excellent Corporate CEO.Rob
He would :D

The thing I'd say to remember is, that a few bits of the fluff weren't that way until the book Malekith was written. There's nothing in the army books to say Bel Shanaar is an idiot with the spine of a jellyfish; there's nothing to suggest that all Mal's Mum and Dad did all day every day was tell him "one day sonny you will be King, so you'd better be good"; the pleasure cults were always centred on Slaanesh until the book was added. I personally think these details weaken the fluff and detract from it, but then other people will like them ... each to their own. The only problem is that once something is out in novel form, it's hard to keep on saying "yes but that was in the novels"* ... XD

Is Malekith a bit of an arse in the novel? Not really, once he grows up and stops making fun of "those funny short people who don't speak our language". Is he a loser overall? ... um. In a sense no, not since he is still in charge of the DE after 5,000 years.

... and on the other hand, five milennia and he still hasn't retaken lost Nagarythe. Did he get that magic circlet from Abbadon?

*but yes I do it anyway :D
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-21-09, 04:56 PM

cain the betrayer's Flag is: Netherlands

i think he is very cool

Check out my warriors of chaos log here
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-09, 01:07 PM

Farseer Ulthris's Flag is: Great Britain

I have to admit that Malekith's story is pretty tragic, he maybe an arrogant, mass-murdering pig but he has every right to be. I do admit he should have been Phoenix king instead of that fool Bel-Shanaar but unfortunately he was not granted his right. Now I better run before the Shadow warriors find out about this (everyone knows how they feel about Dark Elves and those who speak of them in an apologetic manner).

When the sky falls down, The Dead sleep no more. Can you survive as your world slowly tears itself apart?

"When life gives you lemons...BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode