Malekith the Doucher - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Is Malekith a total doucher?
Totall asshole 11 47.83%
Naw he's an okay guy 8 34.78%
Meh...he's just a typical elf 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 06:40 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Red Paintjob Grot View Post
Jack.Ass. seriously, dark elfes and dark eldar background is the first thing i'd remove if i got the chance.
If you don't like Jack asses, don't read Nagash. Or Heldenhammer. They're both twats.

*Waits for Everchosen and Le Breton*

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 06:47 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

of course, all the major players have a slight streak of arragonce in them-otherwise sigma would have said "bloody hell, look at those orcs! i say let the dwarfs sort themsleves out, lets go home and have a cup of tea."[mildly exaterated]

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Don't get me wrong; I like having douchers like Malekith around, if only to curb-stomp them after playing a gut-wrenching guitar solo while also making sweet love to their mothers/daughters/any female relation. But credit where credit's due, Mal is a total piece of shit.

That having been said, IMHO the book about him is very, very good! I think I'm going to read Heldenhammer next. What's this about him being a twat?

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 02:36 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

I'm reading Heldenhammer now, and I can't put it down, 150 pgs the first night! I avoided Malekith because Gav Thorpe wrote it... and I never have been a fan of his stuff, only because of what he looked like in white dwarf. Stupid idea, but if Malekith is good, I'll have to pick it up, soon after I read nagash. Sigmar isn't a twat in this book one bit. He's got dreams and aspirations, less than a dick like Horus or the Emperor!

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 12:06 PM
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Death Shroud's Flag is: England

Heldenhammer isn't a twat, he's awesome. Nagash is an evil twat but the book was very good.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 01:48 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

ok 3 things you need to remember before calling Malekith a douche.

1. hes an elf, and because of that you have to compare his doucheness to other elves doucheness.

2. hes the commander of an army, what commander of an army doesnt use tatics like he does unless they are oh so sad about losing any lives. hell, how many times while playing the tabletop do you sacrifice one squad so 3 others may get the jump on a particularly annoying group in your enemies army? its called tatics

3. the guy was, as stated before, told from his birth that he would be the next king, that combined with elven arrogence, makes him very very VERY arrogent, and probably very very pissed off when he was upsurped.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 06:30 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Jack.Ass. seriously, dark elfes and dark eldar background is the first thing i'd remove if i got the chance
Dont like them you say? * sharpens blade * ill have to ask the Temple of Khaine to remove you then

No seriously, without them then High Elves would be missing something like 80-90% of their fluff and hell there arnt any other evil evil ( aka very evil ) armies out their. i mean daemons are few and far between and i always considered the rest of chaos forces as... orcs ( stupid, not knowing any better than to attack anything that moves)

for Malekith, hes the backbone of the Druchii, but jeez, pull the sword of Khaine out of its block and exterminate the asur! how many petty invasions does it take to destroy well.. a bunch of spear weilding, flower power believing hippies.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-23-09, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
ok 3 things you need to remember before calling Malekith a douche.

1. hes an elf, and because of that you have to compare his doucheness to other elves doucheness.
This is exactly what I did. Tyrion is a douche, but nowhere near Malekith on Kruswald's Doucheness Scale; Teclis is a douche too, but only in the same way that James Bond as played by Daniel Craig is a douche: by being totally awesome.

Quote:
2. hes the commander of an army, what commander of an army doesnt use tatics like he does unless they are oh so sad about losing any lives. hell, how many times while playing the tabletop do you sacrifice one squad so 3 others may get the jump on a particularly annoying group in your enemies army? its called tatics
Never. I would never throw my Marines' "lives" away; annoying enemy squads are what I have Plasma Cannons for :p

Quote:
3. the guy was, as stated before, told from his birth that he would be the next king, that combined with elven arrogence, makes him very very VERY arrogent, and probably very very pissed off when he was upsurped.
Obviously temperance wasn't too high on Malekith's list of things he might need when he's leading a bunch of people...might be kind of useful, is all I'm saying

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-01-09, 09:56 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Having read half of Malekith so far, I think I'd end up the way he did. Bel Shanaar is a total shit - his arrogance is staggering. It's been a good read so far and Malekith shows a lot of humility in amongst his ruthless streak. I'll give you my final opinion once I've read it all!

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-02-09, 02:37 AM
Darktheos's Flag is: USA

I've read 303 pgs and I kinda feel bad for him. He just kinda gets screwed out of all his credit for things. The way he turned out is understandable, He was told from birth he was the best things since sliced bread and he would be king. Then the elves were like nope you don't get Crap. We decided you are to much of a warrior to be king.

I've read Heldenhammer and liked it. Nagash annoyed me (both the book and the character) the jumping around got to me after awhile. The living Kings are cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
*Keep the pimp hand strong brotha*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode