This is just a list of Words and Phrases that crop up in Novels and Background information.
If you find any more, don't hesitate to post them ;)
There is no ordering as yet, other than Words, Military, Places, Phrases, Common Names, Kislevite Characters, and Deities. It might be split further in Nouns, Verbs, etc.
- Yes. Alternatively encounragement for a Steed.
- Alternative form of No
- Weakest and neediest newborn lamb
- General term for an Isolated fortified village or township. Provides enough Resources, Manpower, and Equipment to maintain a Winged Lancer Squadron.
- Literally Circle, used to denote a closeknit group of friends. The Krug of a Stanitsa are the warriors who go away away to war.
- House, Hut, or Tent. Likely to be temporary in nature, as opposed to a house in the cities.
- Historical Tribe who were the founding members of the Gospodar Tribe. Probably influenced in both nature and name by the Middle Eastern race of the same name.
- Name for Trading posts along a river. Large numbers of Oppida's situated along the Lynsk. Are only trading posts. Are not true Stanitsa's, so no requirement to raise Rota, although some do, due to the wealth.
- Town Hall
- Sorry? As in question
- Warcry, or order.
- Warcry, or encouragement to a horse.
- Pigeon Riekspiel/Kislevite, presumadly "Say it?"
- Yes? Questioning, as if to ask "I have it correct, yes?"
- Sweet, thick liquor, similar to Kumis (or Mongolian Airag). It is literally Milk Champagne.
- Long overtunic.
- Sleeveless Jerkin.
- Ruler or leader of a Stanitsa. Usually Hereditary, but can be a Religious Leader, or Elected individual. Provides administrative and none warfare leadership, which falls to a Boyar.
- Ataman's deputy.
- Small mace, symbol of an Ataman's authority.
- White, pale. Colour.
- Raised stone slab, or Raised crypt, opposed to a Kurgan, which is a burial mound. Presumeably for Ranking, wealthy, or important individuals.
- Clear, strong drink. More similar to Vodka, than the Kvass of 'Real History' (which is a Fermented Yeast drink).
- Unknown, presumed cut or joint from a Lamb.
- Name given to Northern Tribesmen. Also, and less often given to the Burial Mounds of the Scythians, from where the Kurgan Tribes recieved their name.
- Banner that the warriors of a Regiment swear to. Also the name given to the unit as a whole.
- Commander of the Rota.
- Broadsword, or Hand-and-a-half sword. Double-edged, with deep fuller (Blood Groove, to aid flow away from the wound, and prevent suction), and with a large quillion. Suitable for single handed cutting from a mounted warrior, or two handed sword play. Historical weapon of the Gospodars. Winged Lancers carry one as a ritual blade, and Saddlesword.
- Cavalry unit, famed for it's Eagle and Hawk wing back banners. Raised and provided for by the Stanitsa where they were formed.
- Northern Raiders, reavers who attack broken communities after the Spring Driving.
- Name given to the people of Norsca. Usually for war, but also for occasional trade.
- Tribe of Kyazak.
- Spiked Helmet.
- Double Curved shortbow, small enough to be used be Horse Archers, but capable of piercing armour.
- THrowing Spear, used by Winged Lancers.
- Nation of the Kislevites, name of Land mass where the collective members of the former Gospodar, Ungol and Ropsmenn tribes live. All are derived from the Scythian tribes which predated the Empire.
- Normally just called Kislev, it is the Capital city of the Nation of Kislev. The seat of Power of the Kislev Tzars. Situated in the South East of the Country, just North of the River Urskoy.
- Former Capital of the Ungol tribes. Formerly named Norvard. Situated in the West of Kislev, at the mouth of the River Lynsk leading into the Sea of Claws.
- Greatest Northern city of Kislev. Destroyed during the Last Great War Against Chaos. Warped by the followers of the Chaos Gods, before being razed by the Victorious forces of the Empire, Kislevites and Dwarves. Rebuilt and Razed many times during the 'Spring Driving'.
- Literally 'Bear Blood River'. Crossings guarded by several Stanitsas, and the Major city of Kislev. Last major natural boundary before entering the Empire.[/i]
- Settlement located on the Urskoy River somewhere between Erengrad and Praag.
- A pass through the World's Edge Mountains. A lucrative gold mine (sacked by a Chaos Warband some time before the Storm of Chaos) and an abandoned Dwarf Temple (now overrun by Goblins) were located near to it.
- Literally "Heroes Hill". The city of Kislev sits atop ths hill. It was here that Ambassador Von Velten, Sacha Kajetan and Kurt Bremen helped stop the atrocities of the Tzeentchian Cultist Anastasia Vilkova destroying the Kislev and Imperial Forces.
- Unknown Translation. Main street in Kislev. Ambassador Von Velten and his Knight Panther bodyguard were ambushed by a Skaven assasin, thought to be using a Warplock Jezzail.
- Unknown River. Thought to be one of the tributaries to the River Urskoy east of the city of Kislev. This then leads into the River Reik, although there is no true Geographical representation, or description.
- Primary natural defence (other than it's weather) of Kislev, situated to the North of Praag. North of here is known as Troll Country, or The Marches.
- Stanitsa. Southern/South-Western Kislev.
- Stanitsa. Southern/South-Western Kislev.
- Stanitsa. South-Western/Western Kislev. On the River Lynsk, presumably on a bend in the lower course. Full name is Choika-on-the-Lynsk. Presumed destroyed after Zhedevka massacre, by Surtha Lenk's horde.
- Site of major defeat of Kislevite and Imperial armies in Spring 2521 (Imperial). Little geographical information is given, other than that Zhedevka is a large fortified town in the north of Kislev. It is known to be north of the Lynsk, possibly in the West of Kislev. It is roughly 8-10 Miles north of Choika. Resides on Grasslands near to a Scythian Kurgan.
- Stanitsa where Beledni and his Winged Lancer troop are from.
- Unknown location. Another Kislevite Stanitsa. Beledni and his troop are from this Voisko.
- Unknown location. Larger Kislevite Stanitsa.
- Trading Post, at least 3 days ride East of Zhedevka.
- Stanitsa 20 days ride north of Dushyka. Used as a rallying point by the Kislevite and Imperial troops. Attacked by Kul following the Spring Driving in 2521. The Zal is ringed by a Stone Wall, the Stanitsa itself by a wooden Palisade and Gate. Rescued by Beledni and his troop.
- Stanitsa. Unknown Location. Raised and protected by Novgo's Winged Lancer troop.
- Grievous insult, similar to the Russian word for Uncultured
- Warcry of Winged Lancers. Presumably also for all but the Ungol Horse Archers.
- Lout, Waste-of-space.
Savat Nyor Norscya Gylyve
- Unknown. Rotamaster Beledni says this before a duel with a Norscan Leader.
- Drinking Toast
- Main diety of Kislev. He is the Father of Bears, and the former Gospodar tribes.
- God of Fire and the Sun. The Winged Lancers 'bury' their dead in worship to him, by attaching the dead rider to their horse, and setting the horse loose.
- Unknown God - Presumed God of Battle, or War. He is prayed to be those wishing of Victory.
Credits: Vaz, Death Shroud, Dînadan
Just the beginnings ;)
100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3